General Auckland Rugby League

What sort of money would the average Fox player be on?
I guess it won't me much, maybe a win bonus or petrol vouchers?
Gavet and Locke would be worth more but it is harder for clubs to raise money now to support a premier team unless they have a decent sponsor.
Average Fox player? Nothing.

It wasn't that long ago when players would turn down the Vulcans because their Fox match payment was double or triple than what they'd get for a much tougher game. And they'd lose a days pay if the team had to fly to Sydney on Friday for a Saturday morning game. I think it's the complete opposite now.

Last edited:
Fox players are being offered $$.

I know of one Auckland RU senior club player who was offered $200 per win to switch to a West Auckland Fox club. This guy has only played a handful of RL games for his old High School.

BTW ... he didnt switch codes.

Last edited:
Fox players are being offered $$.

I know of one Auckland RU senior club player who was offered $200 per win to switch to a West Auckland Fox club. This guy has only played a handful of RL games for his old High School.

BTW ... he didnt switch codes.
Tat throwing money around again?

Two Ackland's playing for them I see
Yep, Liam has returned from his time at Hibiscus Coast.

3 x Acklands involved this year plus their nephew / cousin , Rory Ropati.

Apparently Manu Vatuvei is playing for his old junior club in the centres, Ōtara Scorpions.

There is an OAR u 90s, 9’s pre season hit out happening tomorrow at MARL club tomorrow.
Howick, Te Atatu , 2 Mt Albert teams will be there.
Unfortunately some of the others couldn’t make it … Waiheke, Manurewa, Asian Dragons (Ōtāhuhu), Glenora. I’m not sure on other proposed teams such as Mangere East and Northcote.

Watch out for the new 2024 Mt Albert Mad Dogs pre season video . Last years one was a ripper but this one will be even bigger and better.

A bit of fun out at Mt Albert today with a OAR 9’s games.

It was good to see a Howick team back out there in this grade .

Te Atatu look to have injected youth into their squad compared to last year.

Mt Albert have big numbers in 2024 with a mix of RU and RL players wanting to jump on the Mad Dogs train.

The scales were fairly liberal today, LOL.

A big Fox result this weekend with Mt Albert beating Pt Chev 18-16.
Premierships aren’t won in April but plenty of good signs for the Lions .
Dont usually watch the Fox but stumbled across the game on youtube last night.
The center for Mt Albert Baledrokadroka is it? Fuck he's a unit whats the go with him is he any good? Reminded me of T-Rex out on the edge for manly back in the day.

Back