General Taylor To Panthers 2014

im really worried about what the hell Dean Bell and Co are up to. i guess we will have to wait and see if the whole team gets poached away while management stick their heads up each others asses

They have to re sign players like Locke and Shaun Johnson now I think players like Henry and ikehihifo are on par with Taylor. I like Taylor but it is a pro sport and he is doing what he thinks is best for him, imo he is wrong. Elliott needs to give serious thought to hooker in the future.

Summarise, have money, identify players, sign players, now.

Elliott should pick the best 17 he sees fit whether they signed with someone else in 2014. Its all about winning games thats it. If Matt keeps picking players that dont perform then he will be also out of a job come August. Im passionate about the Warriors and I want them to win just 1 Grand Final. If Taylor is performing then Matt should keep picking him.

If I was a young player who wasn't able to start for his current team in his natural position and another team came along using the word marguee I'd be gone in a heart beat as well. He's a professional athlete who gave alot for our team last year (I'm assuming he was probably paid a pittance to do it). Good luck to him in the future and hopefully he will develop under Cleary to be solid kiwi rep.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
hell let him go and re sign mateo and co, would rather see this then keep someone who really doesn't want to be here.

Reactions: janfin
If I was a young player who wasn't able to start for his current team in his natural position and another team came along using the word marguee I'd be gone in a heart beat as well. He's a professional athlete who gave alot for our team last year (I'm assuming he was probably paid a pittance to do it). Good luck to him in the future and hopefully he will develop under Cleary to be solid kiwi rep.

Taylor is a Mudquee player...Taylor is delusional like Tupou who thought he carved up last year

Elliott should pick the best 17 he sees fit whether they signed with someone else in 2014. Its all about winning games thats it. If Matt keeps picking players that dont perform then he will be also out of a job come August. Im passionate about the Warriors and I want them to win just 1 Grand Final. If Taylor is performing then Matt should keep picking him.
i certainly understand people not wanting taylor to play since he is leaving but if he plays well and we win then he should be in the 17

Ive probably been Taylors biggest fan and am gutted he's leaving. That being said, if we have players that can play his position better then release him now or send him back to club footy. Time to develop Mara or Godinet at hooker as backup for Friend and Benry in Taylors 2nd row spot as our next tacklebot. We've poured enough resources into this kid, probably since he was 15-16. Cut him loose. Spilt milk. Lets move on.

Wish you all the best with your future Elijah Taylor.

Statement by Taylor...

Elijah – Panther

Yes, it’s true. I will be playing for the Penrith Panthers from 2014.

The decision to leave NZ has not been easy of course, but Gus Gould, Phil Moss and the group at the Panthers, together of course with my old coach Ivan Cleary, have gone to huge lengths to create a place for me as a Marquee player. This opportunity perfectly fits my talents on and off the field, around training and the club, plus in the fan, media and commercial worlds which I know will help define my career.

And I’ll be a key part of extraordinary developments the Panthers have underway, which you’ll be hearing about.

It’s an exciting venture for me. But don’t worry, I’ll always be a Kiwi. Right now I’m focused on 2013 with The Warriors and of course the Kiwis, with the World Cup at the end of the year.

You’ll be hearing more about this of course: an official statement will be out next week.

https://elijahtaylor.co.nz/
Marquee?

Sounds like Penrith made him an offer he couldn't refuse, it also seems the Warriors tried hard to keep him, but theres only so much you can pay a utility, which is exactly what he is at the moment....an unfortunate loss, but thats footy.

Reactions: Chch Fan

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Sounds like Penrith made him an offer he couldn't refuse, it also seems the Warriors tried hard to keep him, but theres only so much you can pay a utility, which is exactly what he is at the moment....an unfortunate loss, but thats footy.

Reminds of why Lance Hohaia left.

Anyway, could of posted this on the Eels thread but seeing as he's the man of the moment right here I'll post it here.

https://www.warriors.co.nz/news-display/Elijah Taylor talks Round 1/69377

Cam Smith aye! Maybe thats why Mara didnt get a bench spot. He's going to try for 80 minutes...

Lets be real here, Taylor has been poo since Ivan left. By leaving he's doing the best thing for himself (improving his form, looking for a spot in the Kiwi's, etc) and us (not having him in the team when he's playing poorly)

Please let this mean Taylor will be punted from the Hooker spot soon...how he got it over Mara is a mystery to me. The first of those infamous Elliot selections we've heard about, I suppose.

Akkerz

Contributor
It's going to be a long year for Taylor & I can't see him staying focused the entire season. He doesn't need a first grade year to further inflate his ego. He's already a marquee player according to Taylor . Do we need him? Possibly for the first few games so use him when needed, then lose him into the Vulcans.

Reactions: mt.wellington