General Taylor Decides to Move On

PB_old

Taylor Decides to Move On at Season's End for Family Reasons

South Sydney Rabbitohs second rower David Taylor has informed the Club and his team mates that he has decided to move on at the end of the season for family reasons.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs did everything they could to try and extend Taylor’s three-year deal which began in 2010, however David and his family have decided to move closer to family at the end of the year.

Taylor said: “I have really enjoyed my time at the Rabbitohs.

“The Club, the players and fans have been very good to me. I came here wanting to become a better player, and I will be leaving here as a State of Origin player, a better person, and with another daughter in our young family.

“I appreciate the patience the Club has shown, allowing me to make the choice that was best for me.

“It has been a difficult decision, but one I have made with my family in mind.

“We still have a job to do at the Rabbitohs, and I will continue to do my best for the Club.”

Off to the Gold Coast Titans*.

We here at NZWO admit some surprise at this. We presumed he was happy and settled in Papamoa, but it seems that the extra workload thanks to the drama in Auckland's ports has proven too much.

Enjoy the new house and the weather, Dave. Here's hoping that Queenslanders take to Seriously Board with wild adandon.

* According to various outlets that may or may not be reputable.

Last edited by a moderator:

krs_64_old

I just have to laugh at this, are the Titans really this blind ? The forward pack isn't what needs bolstering. It's there crappy ass spine, Prince is past it, they have an average fullback and noob of a hooker. Dumb signing IMO, and wooden spoon contenders for the next five years.

Edit Oops me bad, I assumed the Titans had secured his signiture, if reports are anything to go by I'd say it is a done deal, and he will be heading to the Titans.

Xt1ncT_old

What an awful decision.

Shows its all about money in reality and not winning premierships

Otherwise he'd be back at the Broncos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defence_old

I just have to laugh at this, are the Titans really this blind ? The forward pack isn't what needs bolstering. It's there crappy ass spine, Prince is past it, they have an average fullback and noob of a hooker. Dumb signing IMO, and wooden spoon contenders for the next five years.

Edit Oops me bad, I assumed the Titans had secured his signiture, if reports are anything to go by I'd say it is a done deal, and he will be heading to the Titans.

Exactly- their spine has been in need of a overhaul for a while now and they go and re-sign zillman on a five year deal haha- handy player but hardly the calibre of player u build a club around. He wouldn't even make our side- or many others for that matter- had to laugh

Jesbass_old

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

I just really wanted to get further away from Northern_Union.

krs_64_old

Exactly- their spine has been in need of a overhaul for a while now and they go and re-sign zillman on a five year deal haha- handy player but hardly the calibre of player u build a club around. He wouldn't even make our side- or many others for that matter- had to laugh

Yea I laughed at that too, Zillman overrated, I find it funny they still think he can crack it as a stand off despite being the invisible man.

What those numbnuts should've done was use Idris, Taylor, and maybe Bailey money and put a massive offer for Cooper Cronk and maybe head hunt Fish. Those two with Srama and Ranking will complete the spine and toppled with their forward back, they'll be a force to be reckoned with, but no.

a.c.e_old

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.

I just really wanted to get further away from Northern_Union.

First you get pipped to 3rd by a AFL player and now this! At least you get to on all those fun rides right? :pT

surfin_old

He must have a good manager and accountant, goes from one team with a dodgy cap to another. I'm guessing this means Prince and Bailey are retiring, because as far as I can see thats the only way they could fit him in.

Fazz_old

Titans to be the new lol@team?

Seriously, they've gone from very strong to a complete laughingstock in 2 years.