General Tandy found guilty

Jesbass_old

Wicks was sentenced within the last week, too...

Three Years Jail For Ex-Knight Danny Wicks

Former Newcastle Knight Danny Wicks was sentenced to three years' jail this afternoon with a non-parole period of 18 months.

Wicks was led from the courtroom by prison officers after Judge Helen Syme said he was involved in the systemic supply of drugs over four months in 2009.

Wicks previously pleaded guilty to three counts of supplying drugs while other counts of possessing and supplying drugs were taken into account.

https://www.theherald.com.au/news/l...rs-jail-for-exknight-danny-wicks/2309487.aspx

Fazz_old

Funnily, Wicks probably has more chance of getting another gig in the NRL...

Swanley_old

Tandy banned for life. no other option.

Wicks should be able to play again

Tajhay_old

tandy should be put behind bars for atleast a period of time along with elias and ayoub.

i believe i read somewhere that wicks league career is over too.

good riddance.

Beetle_old

The funny part about this is that these clowns put enough money down on the NQ penalty goal that the betting agencies got suspicious, Tandy gives away the penalty but then the cows go for the try and score.

RRG_old

yeah it was a stupid stupid set up. But Tandy had big gambling debts and sometimes people under big pressure do stupid things. I heard he is going to appeal against the verdict. I just can't understand why he doesn't give up. Sure the evidance may all be circumstancial but it is def damning enough.

EnterFien_old

All the money they spent on the investigation and for a result like that it makes you wonder if it was all worth it??? I guess the penalties would of been alot higher if they actually pulled it off.

Tandy will be banned for life unless he can win an appeal