General TAB Betting Thread

My trick is when the TAB is offering crap cashout amounts (they usually are), I place another bet on the other side to guarantee a good payout, e.g.:
  • When you have got 4 out of 5 results on a multi, and are waiting for the 5th game
  • Or it can be where you have a single bet whose odds have significantly shortened since you place it
And you just want to take your winnings off the table and are tossing up a "cashout" option, you're better off to place another bet against your original one to guarantee your winnings.

You just have to do a bit of maths to work out how much your existing bet is worth, and therefore how much you need to bet on the other side

It's actually quite enjoyable watching a game where you are going to win money, regardless of the outcome. A bit more enjoyable than using the cashout option

Beastmode

Today is a good day ☀️
Contributor
I’ll let you all in on my betting secret.

The odds can move massively during a game. So follow it and jump in when the odds are too good to be true.

It’s not uncommon for a top team to fall behind early before recovering and then winning the game. In fact I say it happens all the time

The biggest winnings I made was on the Titans vs Broncos game last month. Titans we’re up by 15+ in the first half and Broncos were paying huge odds +10 at one point, so I went in on a $10 bet and walked away very happy.

The other bet I made was the sharks vs Warriors game. I wasn’t watching the game, and couldn’t understand why the Sharkies were paying massive odds to win when they were leading (obviously I didn’t know they were down 2 players).

In the weekend the odds for penrith jumped to $2 at one point and I put in a nifty $10.

I’m not a high stakes player but it does make it more interesting if you have a few $$$ invested.

Who knows, maybe I am turning into a gambling addict… haha

• Haha
Reactions: francis and J_P

Mr Frank White

Contributor
I’ll let you all in on my betting secret.

The odds can move massively during a game. So follow it and jump in when the odds are too good to be true.

It’s not uncommon for a top team to fall behind early before recovering and then winning the game. In fact I say it happens all the time

The biggest winnings I made was on the Titans vs Broncos game last month. Titans we’re up by 15+ in the first half and Broncos were paying huge odds +10 at one point, so I went in on a $10 bet and walked away very happy.

The other bet I made was the sharks vs Warriors game. I wasn’t watching the game, and couldn’t understand why the Sharkies were paying massive odds to win when they were leading (obviously I didn’t know they were down 2 players).

In the weekend the odds for penrith jumped to $2 at one point and I put in a nifty $10.

I’m not a high stakes player but it does make it more interesting if you have a few $$$ invested.

Who knows, maybe I am turning into a gambling addict… haha
Nah that a solid path too.

Getting $$ on a top 8 team to come back in the 2nd ESP against notorious chokers.

Reactions: Beastmode
Chucked 30 that was profits from an earlier bet, on the bunnies last night with some guidance from my mate that wins way too much.
Bunnies 13+, Edrick Lee anytime try scorer, bunnies first half point start (-6.5).
He suggested all blacks first half point start -6.5. what's your guys thoughts on that.