General Ta'ai

Viking_old

His profile has finally added to the Warriors site, 187cms and 103kgs. Not quite not monster physically that he was made out to be. Reminded me a lot of Feka in the weekend's trial cos he hits the ball like a speeding train and loses the ball in the collision occasionally. He was out of position in attack as well so that if he wasn't called on to hit the ball up, he wasn't in a position to receive it in open play. He's relatively new to the game though.

Viking_old

He certainly looks bigger than that on the field and he was a handful but too raw for 1st grade, he wasn't doing the little things that an experienced league player would do instinctively.

2big2strong_old

How does that young Lance sua-Poe go? Did he play on the weekend? He looks like a real monster

Viking_old

How does that young Lance sua-Poe go? Did he play on the weekend? He looks like a real monster

Nah he didn't get a run either. He had a full knee reco last year but he played in a rugby tournament over summer along with a few of the other 20s boys from Auckland. I really rate him but he I think he's actually too big now, he was amazing in the U16s at around 110kgs, very mobile for a big boy. His build would suit a rugby prop now but he's always been a league player.

bigstuboy_old

ta'ai was brought into the squad on potential . potential to be a absolute beast in the same way frank pritchard is just give him a season with the vulcans and watch out next year it could all be very different

Viking_old

ta'ai was brought into the squad on potential . potential to be a absolute beast in the same way frank pritchard is just give him a season with the vulcans and watch out next year it could all be very different

He definately has potential. His positioning might be fine at club level but the speed of the trial probably caught him out. It was hard to tell if he didn't know where he should be or just couldn't get there in time.

Spence_old

I wasn't impressed with him, but I saw enough not to rule him out. He was solid, without being exceptional.

David Bragg_old

I wasn't disappointed with him.
He looked like he wasn't sure where he was supposed to be which is to be expected given his lack of games and the huge jump to this level
Certainly appeared to have the raw talent and looked like a second rower to me.
Was willing in the tackle against the big Cowboys.
I expect him to see some first grade this year.

Spence_old

Over Ah Mau/Poching? Well I guess they are Props, but still.

And who is higher on this list out of those two?

David Bragg_old

Over Ah Mau/Poching? Well I guess they are Props, but still.

And who is higher on this list out of those two?

I'd say long term Ah Mau has a bit more to offer but Poching has played a bit more in the two trials, he is older and ineligible for the 20s so might be ahead at the moment.With the unavailability of Royal and Tuimavave these two may be playing off for a round one bench spot.
Packer ,Lillyman and Hohaia would have 3 spots sewn up and you would expect a tight forward to take the remaining place.

Spence_old

For round 1, or until Royal gets back, it might not be such a bad Idea having both Fien/Moon and Hohaia on the bench. Mannering/Luck/Lillyman are all 80min players, so we really only need 1 backrower. I'm not usually a fan of this tactic, but if he haven't got a settled halves pair...

On the other hand, maybe it would be a better idea to chose one pair, and play it out and let them develope. No point chopping and changing every week, a la the Rabbitohs in '08.