General Stuart To Stay With Sharks Until 2011

Jesbass_old

Cronulla coach Ricky Stuart has agreed to a three-year contract extension on Saturday to remain at the Sharks until the end of the 2011 NRL season.

The Kangaroos coach joined the Sharks for the 2007 season and was due to come off contract at the end of 2008.

"Signing Ricky to an extended term of three years beyond 2008 was paramount to us maintaining our current stability and our long term future," Sharks chief executive Tony Zappia said.

"In the short time Ricky has been at the Sharks, the club has made excellent progress on a number of key fronts.

"From a football perspective, we are confident that with Ricky calling the shots for another four years we will be a strong and respected force in the NRL."

Stuart was confident he could steer the Sharks in a positive direction.

"We made very satisfactory progress in the 2007 season and I can only see us building on that in 2008 and beyond," Stuart said.

"I appreciate the club's confidence in wanting me on board for a few more years."

https://news.leaguehq.com.au/stuart-to-stay-with-sharks-until-2011/20071215-1ha6.html