• Melbourne Level 5 Storm!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Do AFL do Anzac games as well?
yep, and amazingly ive sat beside people who have walked over the road to watch our game, after watching theirs. The atmosphere at these events is amazing, people are great and everyone bar a few drop kicks, is nice and friendly. Defn a real rivalry between these clubs with the warriors winning more than a few of these home games.

Reactions: 2 users
I think winning this game will prove to be a bridge too far

Short turnaround from physically and mentally draining Drags game
Travel
Storm back to best and on home turf
Refs to scale new heights of inconsistency , perception that Warriors success down to deliberate rule breaking
look for huge penalty count against and more players binned

This side reacts well to adversity , it will be taken up yet another level tonite.
Regardless of the result it should be better for the team in the long run than a soft win versus a weak opponent.

I hope I’m wrong (about the result) of course.
Good luck boys , go well.

Nah bro. We're gana win this one. Because I said so.

• Haha

Mr Frank White

Contributor
About to jump on the plane to Melb. 2nd ANZAC day game already excited.

Also as a kiwi in an Aussie uniform, I'm not fazed by people talking during the silence etc.
Predecessors died for a free country...

Reactions: 21 users
Not sure which way this game will go. Our brave soldiers weren't always brave, not even good some of them but they had one other reason to be there apart from freedom and that was to support their mates.

So Warriors play for them, play for you and yours but more importantly play for your teammates.
And it's OK to get dirty - this is your battle today win or lose so don't let yourselves down. Don't give up on your mates.

We Will Remember Them

Reactions: 12 users
Talented player. Was easily our best U20s player last year, along with Chanel.

Also a very versatile player, hence why he's probably got the nod for a bench spot and is making is debut sooner than expected. He's primarily a second rower but is very quick off the mark, so can play centre as well. He's was also known to put in a shift at prop in the U20s. So can cover a lot of positions.

One thing to know about Vuna is that he's probably the most aggressive youngster you will see play. The type of player that wants to take his opposite number's head off.
sounds good to me..as long as its controlled aggresion

Reactions: 1 user
Looking forward to the game. I'm in Koh Samui and will be enjoying some cold Chang while I cheers the boys on in my warriors jersey. Let's gone Warriors!

Reactions: 10 users
I went to last years Anzac game, and if it wasn't for a recent trip back home to NZ, Id be in Melbourne for this one too.

The Storm usually does a good job and makes an occasion out of this game and it is generally a really amazing atmosphere at the ground.

Go hard boys, I think with the short turnaround, and after a bruising game last week, we may just fall short against a Storm team that is just starting to find its feet. As long as we compete hard for 80 minutes, Ill be happy. Up the Warriors!!!!

Stalefish540

Contributor
My personal favourite round robin game of the year, win or lose. We are so lucky to get the opportunity every year to play our part on this special day.

Mannering named on the left, but expecting him to start on the right to protect Lino and Hikus poor tackling again, with Papa on the left. If either of them were to go down in Harris fashion, I would expect Blairy to shift out wide and Vuna to still be limited minutes at most in such a tight match.

Last year we were up to our eyeballs in this fixture until late. After Shaun Johnson kicked that penalty to go 14-12 up midway through the second, Storm starting calving our ruck in true 65min Warriors fitness fashion to win 20-14.

Would have been a real drain that mammoth effort against the Drags, add in a 5 day turn around and a plane trip. The Warriors of old would take this as a great opportunity to fold like a lawn chair in the past. Hopefully we see the new 80min Warriors, and can somehow jag a sneaky win.

Kia kaha Warriors!! Channel the Anzac spirit, and do yourselves and the country proud win or lose.

Reactions: 9 users
Good chance to evaluate if the Warriors are top 4 material, doesn't come any harder than playing the Storm on their home ground and with 3 key players out. A win there would prove the Warriors are a real chance this year.

playdaball

Heritage Member
Traditionally the Storm attract a lot of Kiwis to their Warriors games. A large chunk of expats will have jumped back on the band wagon this year too.

Reactions: 4 users
Go hard boys, I think with the short turnaround, and after a bruising game last week, we may just fall short against a Storm team that is just starting to find its feet. As long as we compete hard for 80 minutes, Ill be happy. Up the Warriors!!!!

With all due respect bro. I'll be happy with a well deserved win.

Fuck this effort for a loss is ok. Coz frankly if you are not there to win, you're Sam Thaiday.

Adversity is the pathway to success for this team.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Previous weeks the longer the wait, the later in the day it gets, the more nervous I feel.

This ones a bit different.

The Warriors haven't been let off the leash on the Streets of Australia in weeks, they have not fed on that buzz which is unique to the away fan chants....the big stage atmosphere...

The closer it gets the more concerned I am for the fate of the poor locals of Melbourne tasked with facing the invasion.

I think Adam Blair add Isaac Luke are gonna go Tomahawk tonight and Blake Green is going to enjoy one of the Games of his career.

The order will be to unveil the latest Weapons technology in Defence of the Warriors Try Line, and Melbourne will be left wondering what the fuck hit them.

Reactions: 9 users
HOW AWesome would it be if they let the boys do a one off Haka on Anzac Day games. Bully and Blair upfront Would be a sight!!!

Can anyone explain the logic with CNK on the bench? Are we carrying a injury to one of our backs? I’ve only ever seen him play wing and our wingers have played all 80 minutes for 7 games straight. I thought Tevaga was our token forward/back hybrid? Surely Sao or Satae have done enough to get infront of Vete or Lisone. Vete I don’t mind but Libone can go. NQKB ( not questioning Kearny but)

Reactions: 1 users

playdaball

Heritage Member
Can anyone explain the logic with CNK on the bench? Are we carrying a injury to one of our backs? I’ve only ever seen him play wing and our wingers have played all 80 minutes for 7 games straight. I thought Tevaga was our token forward/back hybrid? Surely Sao or Satae have done enough to get infront of Vete or Lisone. Vete I don’t mind but Libone can go. NQKB ( not questioning Kearny but)
He's not on the bench plus Gavet playing reserve grade this week so Lisone or Vete will want big games tonight.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.