• DRAW

• Melbourne 12-

• Melbourne Level 5 Storm!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Navigator

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Looks like the boys will be wearing the heritage strip again...perhaps the only positive out of the thieves who stole the actual away jerseys??

Wonder what the problem is though - I’m sure the stolen jerseys were returned...

Bugger would prefer the ANZAC jersey they wore last time.
817eb5d4-0a6b-4219-b21e-46da83ade260-jpg.21693

https://cdn-1b8d.kxcdn.com/attachments/817eb5d4-0a6b-4219-b21e-46da83ade260-jpg.21693/

Reactions: 2 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Other way around plus wing.

Looks like Warriors have announced that he's playing, so the likes of CNK and Santo fall further down the 'ladder'

Checked his heighr and weight thinking "kinda smallish for 2nd rower".

But that's kinda standard for Warriors wingers lol.

• Haha

Penpal

Vuna is full of talent and aggression but wouldn't have thought he is a quite first grade ready yet. Still has a mistake and a dumb penalty or two in him at the moment but I have no doubt he is a first grade regular in time. Will be an edge backrower in time when he fills out and strengthens up a bit. If we were after a guy who could cover centre and second row I guess he's our man with the injuries we have.
I wouldn't expect a star to be born tonight but if he gets an opportunity for some decent minutes I'm sure we will see a glimpse of what the future holds. Still a work in progress but has all the necessary tools if he wants it bad enough.

Reactions: 9 users
leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

So was Perth vs Rabbitohs
So was Canberra's monster pack plus refs in pocket
So were the competition favourite Roosters
So were the undefeated Dragons

The moral of this story is - this year's team eats tough asks up. They thrive on adversity. They have points in them and a fierce, absolutely relentless pride in their try line.

Play to the refs calls. Swarm on defence. Run your lines to make the defence have to choose from more than one decoy runner.

Demoralise them. Mentally break them. Physically dominate them.

Will it be easy? That's not what I'm saying.

I'm simply and emphatically saying that it's POSSIBLE.
I agree with you bro. The boys have shown that they can definitely win those "tough ask" games as you've pointed out. I certainly wasn't suggesting otherwise. Heart, commitment, dedication; it's been there front and centre for all to see. It's why I feel that the boys can rise to the occasion and get one over their ol' adversaries, the Storm.

But regardless win, lose or draw I'm just hoping that the boys continue to turn up for one another and put in 100% effort for the full 80 minutes.

It should be a real cracker of a game!

Reactions: 3 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

I agree with you bro. The boys have shown that they can definitely win those "tough ask" games as you've pointed out. I certainly wasn't suggesting otherwise. Heart, commitment, dedication; it's been there front and centre for all to see. It's why I feel that the boys can rise to the occasion and get one over their ol' adversaries, the Storm.

But regardless win, lose or draw I'm just hoping that the boys continue to turn up for one another and put in 100% effort for the full 80 minutes.

It should be a real cracker of a game!

Yeah bro. We always need full commitment and belief.

We can beat anybody even ourselves.

Reactions: 3 users
Tim burgess

Tim burgess

Great start to the day by going to Dawn Service followed by bacon and eggs and a quick beer.

Looking forward to tonight’s. So much so I choose not to go to the Roosters
Vs Dragons.

Hopefully both games will be close to sellouts and Warriors can bring home the win.
Enjoy your ANZAC day. Go the Warriors

Reactions: 7 users
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Hopefully both games will be close to sellouts and Warriors can bring home the win.

I can't see why our boys won't get up for this one. Just watch Melbourne's intent tonight. I predict ferocity and intensity as they try to blow us off the park and rack up early and quick points to try to force us into playing higher risk catch up.

Ours will be to give 100% to every tackle, pass, kick, kick chase etc.

sunburywarrior

sunburywarrior

overcast here at the moment..as long as it stays dry gonna be a cracking game...up the warrriors

Reactions: 5 users

Snoopy

Great start to the day by going to Dawn Service followed by bacon and eggs and a quick beer.

Looking forward to tonight’s. So much so I choose not to go to the Roosters
Vs Dragons.

Surprising a lot of tickets still available for the Storm game. Just checked online. Given the Warriors form I was expecting close to a sellout also

Reactions: 1 user
Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Surprising a lot of tickets still available for the Storm game. Just checked online. Given the Warriors form I was expecting close to a sellout also

Do AFL do Anzac games as well?

Reactions: 1 users
RobRoyMcCoy

RobRoyMcCoy

I am tainted by years of dissapointment so can see the Storm taking this one and I think they are deserved favourited. However, our form is better that I can ever remember and if we play well we could jag this.

Cmon the Warriors! The keg is gonna get a good thrashing tonight.

Reactions: 4 users

Snoopy

Do AFL do Anzac games as well?

Yeah - there is a Collingwood game at MCG which would be a sellout.

But the league game has had great crowds too. I thought with the Warriors playing well the crowd would be a sellout this year

Five&Last

Five&Last

Any of those who watch ISP want to give us a rundown on Vuna?
Talented player. Was easily our best U20s player last year, along with Chanel.

Also a very versatile player, hence why he's probably got the nod for a bench spot and is making is debut sooner than expected. He's primarily a second rower but is very quick off the mark, so can play centre as well. He's was also known to put in a shift at prop in the U20s. So can cover a lot of positions.

One thing to know about Vuna is that he's probably the most aggressive youngster you will see play. The type of player that wants to take his opposite number's head off.

Reactions: 10 users
jonno

jonno

It says vuna's borne in America. Does he speak with an accent?

And is he a plant for the Fale bid?

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users

KiwiWarrior

I think winning this game will prove to be a bridge too far

Short turnaround from physically and mentally draining Drags game
Travel
Storm back to best and on home turf
Refs to scale new heights of inconsistency , perception that Warriors success down to deliberate rule breaking
look for huge penalty count against and more players binned

This side reacts well to adversity , it will be taken up yet another level tonite.
Regardless of the result it should be better for the team in the long run than a soft win versus a weak opponent.

I hope I’m wrong (about the result) of course.
Good luck boys , go well.

gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
when i looked earlier you couldnt get a pair of seats but lots of singles. course i never sit behind the posts cause im blind, maybe that has an effect

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

Talented player. Was easily our best U20s player last year, along with Chanel.

Also a very versatile player, hence why he's probably got the nod for a bench spot and is making is debut sooner than expected. He's primarily a second rower but is very quick off the mark, so can play centre as well. He's was also known to put in a shift at prop in the U20s. So can cover a lot of positions.

One thing to know about Vuna is that he's probably the most aggressive youngster you will see play. The type of player that wants to take his opposite number's head off.

At prop that opposite's head would be on the neck of NAS. I'd love to see it.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.