• Melbourne 13+

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick O'Shay

Warriors 1st Grader
May 1, 2013
Lot of anxiety about this game. I'm not sure any more that we have the wherewithal to withstand something like the sacking and come out with a point to prove. Only takes one or two lip draggers.

Gut says Storm by plenty and head hopes I'm wrong

Old Sid

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
And a huge upside... no Matt Chechin! We're in with a chance...oh, hang on it's Cummings, wasn't he the one that ruled on the Storm award last year?
Fus out I see, wonder why? but I see Dear Lattrell played last night. I wanna know what's wrong with Mitchell like everyone else gets called by their surname???
Pity his error ridden game was not against us, perhaps a guilty conscious feeling showing through??

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 27, 2016
Kumeu
This is going to be interesting because the mental strength of the team is going to be tested both individually and as a group. If they can overcome the weeks upheaval and put in a credible performance it says a lot about them but lip droppers will be exposed.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Should I watch live or check the score and then watch the replay?

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
This strikes me as one of those games where we either unite to overcome adversity and pull out a minor miracle (e.g. beating the Dragons after the 'energy drink' scandal), or one of those games where we let the adversity get to us right from kickoff and we end up getting pumped 50-0 (e.g. ANZAC game a couple of years back)

Quietly hopeful of the former, not surprised at all if we end up with the latter.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
Dear Lattrell played last night. I wanna know what's wrong with Mitchell like everyone else gets called by their surname???

Along with "For mine", that's another Aussie league commentary habit that annoys me.

Heck, even Cameron Smith gets called Smith...

Close win or close loss tonight.

Later Edit: Wouldn't surprise me if some of the commentators actually think his surname is Latrell (in some cultures - mostly Asian I think - the surname is said first) because his name isn't "ordinary" and haven't bothered to change that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sup42

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Along with "For mine", that's another Aussie league commentary that annoys me.

Heck, even Cameron Smith gets called Smith...
Damn i've lived in aussie so long, i've turned into a braindead league commentator. I'm sure that comes out of my mouth on occasion.

Goodluck Warriors, try keep it under 50 please.

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2019
They are not tough enough for long enough says the coach! Storm by 16, scoring 2 late trys to end it.

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Apr 14, 2012
Auckland
And of course we can expect a few almost-patronizing comments about the sacrifices the Warriors have made...

Wonder how many "Haitch" I A's we'll see tonight?

Just as long as there's still Sin Bin for continual deliberate Set Resets.

Stalefish540

Contributor
May 13, 2017
Mt. Smart
Small conselation prize, but Latrell really shit the bed last night. Had a terrible game, was made to look amateur against actual opposition that wasn't the Titans or Warriors. So while Fus didn't get his justice, Latrell played a big part in Souths losing so i'll take that and call it even.

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Kaufusi running at Hiku is one of many worries next to an on fire Munster.

Will still watch with hope and faith for the first twenty.

Just run at Hughes and test that broken hand out boys.

zaggo

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 19, 2016
I honestly don't understand how a supporter can wait to see a result and watch a replay. I clear 80 minutes every weekend to ensure I watch it live no matter what. My wife, friends family know I am always unavailable during the game

Yeah I'm the same. As soon as I know the result most of the appeal of watching disappears, even if my side has won. If I can't watch live then I basically go full hermit until I can see a replay - no social media, no news, no messaging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings