Staff Stephen Kearney

gpred

gpred

Contributor
Man , people are so fickle.
Imagine being a Newcastle fan for the the last 2 years , how many sack Nathan Brown threads are there?
Ok SK has his first season - not even fully through it and some of you clowns are calling for his head. You seriously think after the amount of coaches they've been through so far isn't helping.
How about we stick with a coach for more than 2 years and see what they can do.
I agree that coaches should get at least a season or two. In Kearney's case it is hard to take, as IMO he should never have been hired in the first place based on his CV. So now if we give him the standard 2 seasons chance, we are doomed two years of failure. That will bring this already wounded club to its knees.

Reactions: 9 users
BeastMode

BeastMode

How about we stick with a coach for more than 2 years and see what they can do.

Two years is good.

But to get to two years you have to show some progress.

So give us something Stephen.

Anything but the "process" line.

Please. Stephen I beg of you.

Don't be another #cofveve

Reactions: 3 users
Hadyn

Hadyn

Useless coach, no tactical vision. Has not progressed the team since cappy.
Worse than that it has gone backwards.Last year Cappy had pretty much no Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Foran and Luke was out for a fair chunk of the season as well.
To start this season Kearney has Cappys team plus the full Kiwi spine and a full preseason and hopes were high.This time last year we were pretty much in the same position coming into origin time.......we are no better positioned this year at all.
Face it Kearney is a dud robot still going on about processes.He was an assistant to Bellamy and Bennett,so what does that prove.Based on the evjdence so far fuck all of anything that is good.
Remember he was the kiwi coach and had some good early results I can't deny that but I think it may have been more a question of good and lucky timing more than good management and remember he was the Kiwi coach and gave that up to take on the Warriors and the kiwis were on a downhill slope at that stage with many issues that have come to a head lately but were started on Kearneys watch.He chose as his assistant Kidwell who has proven to be totally out of his depth as we have seen lately.
He had 2 and a bit years at Parra with a team that had been in the grand final a couple of years before and had a winning percentage of 27% before getting the boot and the first thing Ricky Stuart does is clean out the roster and tell 17 players (that's 17) they they were not wanted the next year.
From Kearneys point of view that should have been actually embarrassing yet I doubt he has the intelligence to recognize the insult that that is.
It is called a fuck up if you ask me and then comes here and so far has a percentage of 38% which is lower than Cappys last year percentage of
46% (remembering Cappy only missed the 8 by 2 points).The fact that Kearney has a far better roster currently playing than Cappy is another fuck up as far as Kearney is concerned.
I have to disagree with the chosen one, Mt Wellington,in that the amount of damage that sacking Kearney will cause will be less than going down this road to rocky oblivion.If Kearney doesn,t face reality and change things soon I would sooner have Cappy and that is not saying much.
Memo to Big Jim,tell Kearney the natives are restless,get him to turn it around or else he gets the boot,employ some hard cu** as a last chance resort to sort this lazy bunch of no brain,no pride,thick shit arseholes out and if that doesn't work close the place down.and blow up the shit hole joint......
I can't be bothered any more.
RIP NZ Warriors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

flying coconut

lol, one has a World Cup and several Four Nations trophy's and the other..

You mean the world cup that Bennett coached us for? Even Bluey has won Four Nations, Cleary has a record of making consistently making finals including a Grand Final with a pretty standard looking team.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
brightman

brightman

You mean the world cup that Bennett coached us for? Even Bluey has won Four Nations, Cleary has a record of making consistently making finals including a Grand Final with a pretty standard looking team.
So in other words Ivan is always a bridesmaid, never a bride..

Reactions: 1 user

gidz

You know....I felt sorry for SK when he copped a lot of criticism as head coach of parramatta, If anyone still remembers that.

But now I'm like...fuck that he deserved it!

• Haha

gidz

Lets see....

SK, Head coach of the NZ Warriors

Kidwell, Head coach of the Kiwi test team

Yep nuff said were screwed!

I'm sure the Aussies are laughing.

• Haha
brightman

brightman

Hahahahahaha ill bump this up for you when were in the same if not worse position next year
Suit yourself, but if you have any strong character you'll also remind me when we succeed rather than just bask in the glory despite being a false prophet instead of a fan..

• Haha

WarriorBall

This looks like the last bastion thread where Warriors supporters come to die.

"I don't understand what's wrong with the team, it must be Kearney's fault" :confused:

Remember to save some vitriol for Doyle, he hired him.

brightman

brightman

This looks like the last bastion thread where Warriors supporters come to die.

"I don't understand what's wrong with the team, it must be Kearney's fault" :confused:

Remember to save some vitriol for Doyle, he hired him.
Do people really think Bellamy would change for the players if he were the Warriors coach, not bloody likely
He was an assistant to Bellamy and Bennett,so what does that prove.
Do you think Bellemy or Bennett would change their coaching for the players if they were the Warriors coach, not likely and both have stated Kearney is on the right track and they know success..

Hadyn

Hadyn

Do you think Bellemy or Bennett would change their coaching for the players if they were the Warriors coach?..
Probably not Brightman but they would sure as hell change their players if they continually dished up the shit that our mob does and based on evidence so far I don't think Kearney is going to.

Reactions: 4 users

facefacts

Worse than that it has gone backwards.Last year Cappy had pretty much no Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or Foran and Luke was out for a fair chunk of the season as well.
To start this season Kearney has Cappys team plus the full Kiwi spine and a full preseason and hopes were high.This time last year we were pretty much in the same position coming into origin time.......we are no better positioned this year at all.
Face it Kearney is a dud robot still going on about processes.He was an assistant to Bellamy and Bennett,so what does that prove.Based on the evjdence so far fuck all of anything that is good.
Remember he was the kiwi coach and had some good early results I can't deny that but I think it may have been more a question of good and lucky timing more than good management and remember he was the Kiwi coach and gave that up to take on the Warriors and the kiwis were on a downhill slope at that stage with many issues that have come to a head lately but were started on Kearneys watch.He chose as his assistant Kidwell who has proven to be totally out of his depth as we have seen lately.
He had 2 and a bit years at Parra with a team that had been in the grand final a couple of years before and had a winning percentage of 27% before getting the boot and the first thing Ricky Stuart does is clean out the roster and tell 17 players (that's 17) they they were not wanted the next year.
From Kearneys point of view that should have been actually embarrassing yet I doubt he has the intelligence to recognize the insult that that is.
It is called a fuck up if you ask me and then comes here and so far has a percentage of 38% which is lower than Cappys last year percentage of
46% (remembering Cappy only missed the 8 by 2 points).The fact that Kearney has a far better roster currently playing than Cappy is another fuck up as far as Kearney is concerned.
I have to disagree with the chosen one, Mt Wellington,in that the amount of damage that sacking Kearney will cause will be less than going down this road to rocky oblivion.If Kearney doesn,t face reality and change things soon I would sooner have Cappy and that is not saying much.
Memo to Big Jim,tell Kearney the natives are restless,get him to turn it around or else he gets the boot,employ some hard cu** as a last chance resort to sort this lazy bunch of no brain,no pride,thick shit arseholes out and if that doesn't work close the place down.and blow up the shit hole joint......
I can't be bothered any more.
RIP NZ Warriors.

24% winning percentage at Parra...he's picked up another 3% at the Warriors.

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Kearney may or not be the answer, but I don't think there's any doubt that this group of players is definitely not the solution to our problems.

Way too many guys in the side who don't have the passion for RL, who don't genuinely have the desire to be the best in the world, and who quite frankly look like they're collecting a wage every week and care about little else in between.

Reactions: 8 users