Staff Stephen Kearney

Apus

Apus

I am ecstatic. Fucked if I know if Kearney will do well, but we have CHANGE. That's really what I wanted, so if this turns out to be true I'll back him 100% until he gives me reason not to.

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

If you look at the things our team really needs from a coach.

It's always been someone to control the emotional roller coaster that we go on. Kerney is good at that, as evidenced by some of his kiwi's performances.

And game management. He is also very good at that. There's one defensive effort vs the roos that stands out. We shut down almost all their attacking raids before they could get started. It was a mega team effort. That's on the coach.

But most important is his ability to win at the highest level. Scoring three in a row v the Aussies, you can't have an ounce of self-sabotage inside you to make that happen.

Maybe he's not the greatest attack coach in the league. But that's not the formula that works for us. Cleary had us kick to manu. Anderson had no idea what we were going to do on attack. Counts for fuck all in a tight grinding game against a fired up defense anyways.

I'll take the inspirator over the calculator any day.

Reactions: 2 users
brightman

brightman

I'll laugh if this is all build ups. This news has got the WarriorNation in a tailspin. Not sure if the fans can put up with another mundane season of Cappy...
this could easily turn into the blackest day in aussie sports around here since the last one, what was that now ASADA, Cappy, Match Fixing..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
If you look at the things our team really needs from a coach.

It's always been someone to control the emotional roller coaster that we go on. Kerney is good at that, as evidenced by some of his kiwi's performances.

And game management. He is also very good at that. There's one defensive effort vs the roos that stands out. We shut down almost all their attacking raids before they could get started. It was a mega team effort. That's on the coach.

But most important is his ability to win at the highest level. Scoring three in a row v the Aussies, you can't have an ounce of self-sabotage inside you to make that happen.

Maybe he's not the greatest attack coach in the league. But that's not the formula that works for us. Cleary had us kick to manu. Anderson had no idea what we were going to do on attack. Counts for fuck all in a tight grinding game against a fired up defense anyways.

I'll take the inspirator over the calculator any day.
hmmm one off games with the very best Kiwi players does not equal success with our muppets

Reactions: 6 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

When are the Kiwis playing? Are we looking at limping into another season underprepared with the coach coming in late?

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I imagine that is why Kearney is looking at it seriously....he can assemble a forward pack from hell in terms of his expertise and history.
Calm down.

You have a propensity to overhype things Sup. The way you are going about Kearney reminds me of how you built up Sam Tomkins.

Stephen Kearney just so happens to be coaching a Kiwis side that has the most dominant pack in the world. He certainly didnt create that and the pack he had at the Eels wasnt anything to write home about with Hindmarsh, Poore, Moimoi, Keating and Mannah hardly setting the world alight...

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

Far North Forever

Kearney locked in on Thursday but before the announcement, he drops all the Warriors from the Kiwis train on squad.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
davewjnz

davewjnz

He has that belief he can get the best out of them irrespective of the past.

As we have seen with the Kiwis he will drop anyone under his mantle.

Wouldn't take that as gospel given he has 16 NRL teams to choose a replacement as apposed to ISP and Under 20s at club.
Surely won't be Fox hunting a replacement... surely?

MurrayTD

MurrayTD

No from me. Maybe I am missing something, but haven't seen anything from Kearney to suggest he would in anyway have the skills or experience to turn the big Warriors ship around.

Reactions: 1 users
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
Calm down.

You have a propensity to overhype things Sup. The way you are going about Kearney reminds me of how you built up Sam Tomkins.

Stephen Kearney just so happens to be coaching a Kiwis side that has the most dominant pack in the world. He certainly didnt create that and the pack he had at the Eels wasnt anything to write home about with Hindmarsh, Poore, Moimoi, Keating and Mannah hardly setting the world alight...
So are you saying that if Kearney is announced as coach he can't just drop any player he likes and then sign any player he likes?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

I just want to know his Maumalo on the wing policy, then we'll talk about a potential welcome wagon.

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users

The Truth

I don't give a fuck if it's Queen Latifa coaching us next year. I will be completely stoked as long as it isn't Cappy.

Reactions: 4 users
Paulo24

Paulo24

Just heard from someone in the know that its a done deal both Kearney and Foran, no other decent signings as cap is nearly maxed they said, also said Manu to the forwards will be explored preseason (what if he keeps dropping balls?) - will find out if its Kearney tomorrow I guess ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

Oh well, it is what it is. Hopefully he realises quickly where this teams weaknesses are and makes some changes. If not it will be more of the same and a new coach in 2019

snake77

snake77

Had to laugh at the interview on Radio Sport with the journalist that broke the story. Shows how much the Sydney media pay attention to the Warriors sure we get the clichés big forwards in all that but the guy said it will be the first NZ born and bred coach since 2004-2005.:confused: I know some of us want to block out 2012 but he should know facts like that.o_O

He also said he'd quit the Kiwis job to concentrate on the pre-season. A bit of a pity for the Kiwis with the disruption, sending off the long term coach could have been good motivation. Mind you from the Warriors point of view the sooner he gets here after his Broncos commitments the better.

rugged

rugged

If true Jd has done a great job of keeping it quiet till now.

As others have said he does pull the odd strange selection for the kiwis, hopefully that is not something he brings to the Warriors