Staff Stephen Kearney

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The main thing I like about Kearney if he does come here... Is that he will fire any player who is not good for the group.

That will piss lots of people off....but hold your horses SK would get fired after five years of underporfsmance, at which time there will be no Mateo's, no Hurrell, no Mariners, no Entitled fuckers able to get a spot in the NRL side.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The main thing I like about Kearney if he does come here... Is that he will fire any player who is not good for the group.

That will piss lots of people off....but hold your horses SK would get fired after five years of underporfsmance, at which time there will be no Mateo's, no Hurrell, no Mariners, no Entitled fuckers able to get a spot in the NRL side.
But will he bench players who arent performing?

As someone else posted, if he picks guys for the Kiwis why would he drop them at the Warriors

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Yes, I'd take him if he was the first guy to put his hand up. If he really wanted it he'd be great for us.

If Cleary and Hasler were both interested also then it would have to go down to a three man cage match.

Looking at the stats

Kerney is 44 and 102 Kgs
Hasler is 55 and 80 kgs
Cleary is 45 and 89 kgs

So Kerney has to be the favorite IMO.
This thread is only looking at reality. The two names actually on the table.

Kearney has said no to the Warriors twice from memory.

If he's coming something must have changed.

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012

As someone else posted, if he picks guys for the Kiwis why would he drop them at the Warriors
He has that belief he can get the best out of them irrespective of the past.

As we have seen with the Kiwis he will drop anyone under his mantle.

Reactions: gretchin66

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland

For your first point. Anyone who coaches this side they better drop players that under perform. We really need the players to know they can't go long periods of time not performing without repercussions. McFadden was touted as that guy in 2014; but he only really did the easy targets like Mateo, Nielsen and Hurrell.

On your second point the articles make it seem like he will give up the Kiwis post. So taking any Warriors on tour if he sees out the year with the Kiwis will mean the players get an early chance to impress him. After that he'd only be the Warriors coach so he should be free to drop them and not worrying about picking them later for the Kiwis.

Now things get interesting with who replaces him for the Kiwis. Say Kidwell for example and if he came back as an assistant at the Warriors. He'd then have the same problem LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: perf warrior

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
This thread is only looking at reality. The two names actually on the table.

Kearney has said no to the Warriors twice from memory.

If he's coming something must have changed.
Sorry I hadn't heard the SK news. I was thinking this was all hypothetical...

Reactions: Sup42

Far North Forever

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 5, 2013
Northland
Kearney probably gets the gig by default if he wants it. Para was a wake up call for his ego, so he must have learnt from his spell there, and lets face it Sticky was shit at Eels as well and look what hes finally done for the Raiders. I'm not a huge fan of his as some of his Kiwi selections have bewildered but bugger me worked. So if Cleary is out Kearney it is and fingers, toes and ball sacks crossed he works out.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
I have a lack of conviction that Kearny is a huge improvement, however Cappi has proven what mediocrity will bring and i dont see it getting worse that what we have already seen. I am however worried that if this is all about reuniting the kiwi spine with Foran for a single shot at the title, then i see nothing but disappointment ahead.
Foran worries me more than Kearny

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
After the tigers game it was always going to be a big ask for cappy to keep the job.

But this is the best they could come up with?

He could be good for our forwards. I think we'll less shirking and more consistency.

His eels teams were horrific on attack and frankly unless the kiwi team is able to dominate up front, they can't manage anything other than individual efforts either.

His recruitment was laughable (that may not have been his fault) and he's prone to play safety first players out of position for the kiwis.

Other than that all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Defence

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
For your first point. Anyone who coaches this side they better drop players that under perform. We really need the players to know they can't go long periods of time not performing without repercussions. McFadden was touted as that guy in 2014; but he only really did the easy targets like Mateo, Nielsen and Hurrell.

On your second point the articles make it seem like he will give up the Kiwis post. So taking any Warriors on tour if he sees out the year with the Kiwis will mean the players get an early chance to impress him. After that he'd only be the Warriors coach so he should be free to drop them and not worrying about picking them later for the Kiwis.

Now things get interesting with who replaces him for the Kiwis. Say Kidwell for example and if he came back as an assistant at the Warriors. He'd then have the same problem LOL.
Yeah, thats not really my point. Its more along the lines that guys underperforming this year are already being selected for the Kiwis, if that is happening now it will happen next year

Reactions: Inruin

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Sorry I hadn't heard the SK news. I was thinking this was all hypothetical...
Daily telegraph are reporting an announcement will be made tomorrow.

As far as rumors go this one is red hot since Kearney refused to comment for the first time, and ordinarily Kearney says no thanks (Bluey, Elliot, McFadden appointments all saw reporters scramble to Kearney only to get an instant no).

Reactions: jonno

Sup42

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Jim Doyle heading up management will be the difference wouldn't it?
You would think that and the promise of a Stacked spine delivered on a plate.

I would assume Doyles expectation from SK if it happens is that he get highlight any Forwards that are not up to his own professional standards.

Every fool knows the Warriors need two good halves and a forward pack that gives a shit.

I imagine that is why Kearney is looking at it seriously....he can assemble a forward pack from hell in terms of his expertise and history.

Reactions: Nahz

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Daily telegraph are reporting an announcement will be made tomorrow.

As far as rumors go this one is red hot since Kearney refused to comment for the first time, and ordinarily Kearney says no thanks (Bluey, Elliot, McFadden appointments all saw reporters scramble to Kearney only to get an instant no).
Well Kearney more specifically stated that he was fielding comments outside of his focus on the Kiwis.

Its more than likely that an announcement wont be made until after those commitments unless he thinks there is an advantage to the Kiwis players in doing so ie they wanna give him a winning farewell.

Whatever the case its hard to see the club announcing anything until after the Board meeting on Wednesday with Eric Watson.

I'll laugh if this is all build ups. This news has got the WarriorNation in a tailspin. Not sure if the fans can put up with another mundane season of Cappy...

Reactions: Sup42

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings