Staff Stephen Kearney

MXRecord

Oh dear, I won't be too impressed if Cappy is dumped for Kearney. If Cappy goes, some of that playing roster have to go.

Reactions: 8 users

Tim burgess

Wow, if this is true its happened so quickly. Obviously to move Cappy on was made weeks of not months ago

Reactions: 1 user

Danpatmac

I'm perfectly willing to ley Kearney have a shot. at least he was a decent player and has some genuine coaching experience... unlike the current twat.

Good luck to him I say.

I'm just gutted about how every second thing out of his mouth is 'y'know'... it's infuriating.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
rugged

rugged

WOW! I was convinced Doyle was softening us up for a Cappy announcement. Kearney has hopefully learnt from his time at Parra...

Reactions: 1 user

SilentOne

with McFadden having a year to go on his contract, I imagine he'll be demoted back to assistant coach.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

This seems to be gaining momentum and usually where there is smoke there is fire when it comes to the rugby league rumour mill. Usually players are adamant they are not leaving to a specific club before signing with them after all. Mind you after the Matai phone confiscation chaos on Friday I wouldn't be surprised if all this media speculation turns to nothing. The media works fast nowadays, some outlets are probably just going with the story that is already out there.

If we do sign him members should hear it first as that is Doyle's M.O. Remember the cheeky quote at the members forum. "If the media want the news first they should become members and they'll will get them first".;)

This article said he's going to resign from the Kiwis to start with the Warriors next month. Does that mean the Kiwis preparation/tournament is going to be disrupted?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11708304

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

with McFadden having a year to go on his contract, I imagine he'll be demoted back to assistant coach.
Can't see it personally. If you ain't good enough to be doing the job you have had for the past (almost) 3 years you are not likely to be kept on as an assistant for the sake of not paying him out.

6 Again

I don't know if you could keep him within the coaching ranks could you, will he be running out Kearney's messages to the team like Andrew Webster I'm not so sure.

Maybe another role, there's a bit of staff turnover atm.

Sledge

Sledge

Looks It's a great thing we have a new coach don't get me wrong, but if this team doesn't fire next year and we hear the usual bullshit like ahh, it's the toughest comp in the world or, ohh give us time to gel or shit it's cuz we have a new coach, then Imo we need to fuck off some of these pri madonnas who get paid thousands of dollars to do what any of us would think of as a dream job, cuz I'm sick of the excuses from the players, no excuses next year. Hell if Johnson doesn't fire cut him, if Mutts doesn't demolish shit cut him, time for the players to step the fuck up and start acting like professionals cuz now they have NO WHERE TO HIDE.

Reactions: 5 users

Nahz

assuming Kearney does come

would that mean Kidwell takes over the Kiwis or does he POSSIBLY follow Kearney
here as his assistant?...since he wont be at the Tigers for 2017

Reactions: 1 users
Tedster

Tedster

Shyte, you just don't really know what to believe - just make the announcement Mr Doyle and put us out of our misery.
:cool:

wallacenz

wallacenz

Kearneys probably the best option they have available but I'm not a huge fan. He seems to get flustered by the media and ends up saying a lot of nothing. But I would probably be the same if a camera was shoved in my face, it just makes me wonder what happens when things dont go to plan.

The Eels under Kearney were very Warrioresque

Fazz

Fazz

I mean ... I think the players respect him? So I guess that's a plus. He's prone to making odd selections in test matches though, so I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he is on Cappy. The other thing to consider is ... how's our diamond encrusted spine going to shine in a sea of turds ... need some forwards to come with the coach and Foran tbh

Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

Yes, I'd take him if he was the first guy to put his hand up. If he really wanted it he'd be great for us.

If Cleary and Hasler were both interested also then it would have to go down to a three man cage match.

Looking at the stats

Kerney is 44 and 102 Kgs
Hasler is 55 and 80 kgs
Cleary is 45 and 89 kgs

So Kerney has to be the favorite IMO.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users