Staff Stephen Kearney

Danpatmac

I'm perfectly willing to ley Kearney have a shot. at least he was a decent player and has some genuine coaching experience... unlike the current twat.

Good luck to him I say.

I'm just gutted about how every second thing out of his mouth is 'y'know'... it's infuriating.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
This seems to be gaining momentum and usually where there is smoke there is fire when it comes to the rugby league rumour mill. Usually players are adamant they are not leaving to a specific club before signing with them after all. Mind you after the Matai phone confiscation chaos on Friday I wouldn't be surprised if all this media speculation turns to nothing. The media works fast nowadays, some outlets are probably just going with the story that is already out there.

If we do sign him members should hear it first as that is Doyle's M.O. Remember the cheeky quote at the members forum. "If the media want the news first they should become members and they'll will get them first".;)

This article said he's going to resign from the Kiwis to start with the Warriors next month. Does that mean the Kiwis preparation/tournament is going to be disrupted?
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11708304

6 Again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 29, 2015
I don't know if you could keep him within the coaching ranks could you, will he be running out Kearney's messages to the team like Andrew Webster I'm not so sure.

Maybe another role, there's a bit of staff turnover atm.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Looks It's a great thing we have a new coach don't get me wrong, but if this team doesn't fire next year and we hear the usual bullshit like ahh, it's the toughest comp in the world or, ohh give us time to gel or shit it's cuz we have a new coach, then Imo we need to fuck off some of these pri madonnas who get paid thousands of dollars to do what any of us would think of as a dream job, cuz I'm sick of the excuses from the players, no excuses next year. Hell if Johnson doesn't fire cut him, if Mutts doesn't demolish shit cut him, time for the players to step the fuck up and start acting like professionals cuz now they have NO WHERE TO HIDE.

Tedster

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 29, 2014
Shyte, you just don't really know what to believe - just make the announcement Mr Doyle and put us out of our misery.
:cool:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Kearneys probably the best option they have available but I'm not a huge fan. He seems to get flustered by the media and ends up saying a lot of nothing. But I would probably be the same if a camera was shoved in my face, it just makes me wonder what happens when things dont go to plan.

The Eels under Kearney were very Warrioresque

Fazz

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Hamilton, New Zealand
I mean ... I think the players respect him? So I guess that's a plus. He's prone to making odd selections in test matches though, so I'm not sure how much of an upgrade he is on Cappy. The other thing to consider is ... how's our diamond encrusted spine going to shine in a sea of turds ... need some forwards to come with the coach and Foran tbh

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
Yes, I'd take him if he was the first guy to put his hand up. If he really wanted it he'd be great for us.

If Cleary and Hasler were both interested also then it would have to go down to a three man cage match.

Looking at the stats

Kerney is 44 and 102 Kgs
Hasler is 55 and 80 kgs
Cleary is 45 and 89 kgs

So Kerney has to be the favorite IMO.

Last edited:

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player