TeamList Team List Tuesday (2023 Finals Week 3) - Broncos vs Warriors

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Afternoon
12:00

Team Lists

RTS said that before the new guys came in Jazz was always leading the kick chase and the line speed and he was quite hard to keep up with.

We can all see that his Leg injury was very bad, rated 2nd worst grade for that injury. He cannot push through the line at the moment and has probably been told not to try,just take the tackle.

And he is missing a yard of pace., all normal post serious injury stuff and the only way he gets it back is by playing a lot.

Jazz has only had the Dolphins, Panthers, Knights games to get his body back in condition.

It takes players coming off preseason every year about four to six games to hit fitness.

If there is any silver lining to us losing to the Panthers it is that TMM and Jazz get minutes they need from the extra game.

6 weeks means peaking for the GF 😂🎉

Match Officials

Referee: Gerard Sutton
  • Touch Judge: Phil Henderson
  • Touch Judge: Drew Oultram
  • Senior Review Official: Ashley Klein

Sutton has ref'd Warriors 27 times since 2009 - we have Won 14 Lost 13
He was the ref this year when we lost to Brisbane

He has ref'd Brisbane 60 times since 2009 - they have won 33 and lost 27 when he was the ref
In seasons 2022 & 23 he has ref'd Brisbane 6 times and they have won all 6

We couldn't escape having Klein involved in the officials!!
I have always been convinced the problems we have are subconscious bias caused by the admin of the referees being the NSWRL.
The crowd really got to Adam Gee on Saturday, he knew he had farked up big time. Hopefully the Kwis at Suncorp will do the same.

Being able to name the same team at this time of the year is pleasing. Especially after the frustrations of the last few years when it seemed like someone was getting injured every week and we'd never get our top side. Even earlier this we always had someone out. Now we are close to full strength. Everyone is available with the exception of Metcalf, the only thing is a few guys coming back from injuries it would have been good for them to have a few more games under them.

Like the Knights we go from the vocal home crowd to the hostile away crowd. We should have a decent turn out of Kiwis to cheer the boys on.

What gives me some is

1. We have performed well in Australia. If we want to win this competition we need to win in Australia. This year we have had some good wins on the road like against the Sharks, Cowboys and the Raiders game in front of a big crowd.
  2. This year we have rebounded well of losses. The Panthers loss like a fighter going up against a champion and the extra rounds of a championship fight you learn there are higher levels. We rebounded from the loss to them well and like earlier in the season it's a good wake up. It is hard to see the Warriors going on a long run to win a premiership. A loss in the finals before rebounding is more likely. Look at 2011 we got thumped and turned things around.

It’s the best team we can realistically field, Broncos aren’t a huge team so we can afford a lighter bench.

It was a comfortable win that boosted confidence and didn’t drain the energy too much.

Sutton is probably the best ref in the game at the moment for me. We are definitely underdogs but there is a path to victory there if we are good enough on the day.

It’s the best team we can realistically field, Broncos aren’t a huge team so we can afford a lighter bench.

It was a comfortable win that boosted confidence and didn’t drain the energy too much.

Sutton is probably the best ref in the game at the moment for me. We are definitely underdogs but there is a path to victory there if we are good enough on the day.
I thought the Broncos bench was better. Hopefully we can run them around with ours

I think the Warriors are still very underrated and the Broncos arrogance could cost them this game. They think we're an easy win. No game in the NRL is an easy win. We finished 4th and deservedly so with the 3rd best defensive effort in the comp. Addin-Fonua Blake will own the middle of the park. The ever-reliable CNK taking the hard runs to keep the forwards fresh for a mammoth defensive effort. Tohu looked much better/fresher against the Knights as well especially with that line break. TMM and Tevaga have built a bit of match fitness over the last couple weeks.

I don't even consider it an ambush. We are a top 4 team and our players are putting in for each other. We looked like a different team against the Knights with everything clicking and most of our first choice squad being back together in the 17. We thrashed the Knights 40-10 in an elimination final that looked easy. We deserve to be here. The boys believe and we can and will win this.

Up the Wahs!!!

I don't follow the Broncos games but how has Oates played himself out of the team. Do we sign him keke.

Win lose or draw (lol not possible) the path for us is clear - we need to be playing this game year in year out.

Fairy tale premierships are rare - making one pre-lim a decade and expecting to go on and win the comp is fools gold.

Take a look at the last decade of champions in terms of converting pre-lim appearances into Premierships:

Roosters - 6 prelims - 3 prems - 50%
Storm - 7 prelims - 2 prems - 28.5%
Panthers - 4 prelims - 2 prems - 50%
Souths - 7 prelims - 1 prem - 14%
Cowboys - 4 prelims - 1 prem - 25%
Sharks - 2 prelims - 1 prem - 50%

For me, this is the beginning, are we going to win the comp this year? Honestly, no we are not.

Can we be in this game next year? Definitely.

Can we win the comp within the next 3 - 4 years? Definitely.

It starts Saturday!

Win lose or draw (lol not possible) the path for us is clear - we need to be playing this game year in year out.

Fairy tale premierships are rare - making one pre-lim a decade and expecting to go on and win the comp is fools gold.

Take a look at the last decade of champions in terms of converting pre-lim appearances into Premierships:

Roosters - 6 prelims - 3 prems - 50%
Storm - 7 prelims - 2 prems - 28.5%
Panthers - 4 prelims - 2 prems - 50%
Souths - 7 prelims - 1 prem - 14%
Cowboys - 4 prelims - 1 prem - 25%
Sharks - 2 prelims - 1 prem - 50%

For me, this is the beginning, are we going to win the comp this year? Honestly, no we are not.

Can we be in this game next year? Definitely.

Can we win the comp within the next 3 - 4 years? Definitely.

It starts Saturday!
Do you think the warriors will make the GF 2023?

Reactions: CWC
at the game, u could hear the fans singing, but on the tv couldnt make it out. what were the songs?

BA16588C-F075-474C-AB7C-7066DD580657.jpeg

Shaun Hub

Back