General Stacey Jones

Can someone please summarise for me why there is so much hate on Stacey and his coaching ability?

I just don’t quite see the evidence as to why there is so much dislike. I have read numerous posts of getting rid of Stacey and I just don’t understand what the detail is as to why people don’t want him coaching in any capacity at the club.

I can understand possibly the Head Coach position as we are all wanting the best option available and he doesn’t have any runs on the board (apart from last weekends debacle), but he has coached many of our junior sides to some great results and clearly is a man of mana at the club even if he is a quietly spoken individual.

Can someone shed some light on this?

Last edited:
Stacey will always be a club legend.
He has put his hand up after being asked to be caretaker coach for 2022.
Last man standing.
He should be applauded for helping out.
Regardless of team results this year he will always be a club legend now and in the future.
Throwing stones is easy.
Putting your hand up for a mission impossible job takes bravery.

Can someone please summarise for me why there is so much hate on Stacey and his coaching ability?

I just don’t quite see the evidence as to why there is so much dislike. I have read numerous posts of getting rid of Stacey and I just don’t understand what the detail is as to why people don’t want him coaching in any capacity at the club.

I can understand possibly the Head Coach position as we are all wanting the best option available and he doesn’t have any runs on the board (apart from last weekends debacle), but he has coached many of our junior sides to some great results and clearly is a man of mana at the club even if he is a quietly spoken individual.

I can’t understand the hate, and personally I like Stacey (obviously, he’s a legend). But I wouldn’t choose him as ideal head coach because:
1. He’s been attacking coach under this failed regime.
2. He doesn’t seem to really want the job.
3. If it was any other club they probably wouldn’t consider him based solely on his technical resume/standing.
4. He’s mates with the owner, and there’s already too much of that going around.

I can’t understand the hate, and personally I like Stacey (obviously, he’s a legend). But I wouldn’t choose him as ideal head coach because:
1. He’s been attacking coach under this failed regime.
2. He doesn’t seem to really want the job.
3. If it was any other club they probably wouldn’t consider him based solely on his technical resume/standing.
4. He’s mates with the owner, and there’s already too much of that going around.
He should of spent the whole week on Defence. Penrith going to put on 80 points against our defence

Reactions: kos

He's had enough time to prove himself.

As you saw last game, he sucked.

Stacey Jones is dead to any true Warriors fan.

Seriously: For moine (said in Aussie voice), It's not that he's going to be bad as such in his 11 games for 2022, it's just a deep fear that his record as a player will precede him and lead many people to expect things either faster than he can provide, or that - for reasons outside of his control (it's not his fault any great Aussie players such as Ryan Papenhuyzen and their partners who want to start families funnily enough don't want to move away from any baby-sitting parents/grandparents) - he can't provide. And those people will not be pleased when their hopes are not met...