General Stacey Jones

If this is really what Stacey wants then there is no better audition than the 11 games he is going to get

Somewhat absurdly the 8 is still in touching distance but the draw is very tough for us - No doubt a top 10 finish will result in a contract for Stacey.

I accept we will lose many more games this year but let them be losses like the Roosters and not some of the errrrrrrr other efforts.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
If this is really what Stacey wants then there is no better audition than the 11 games he is going to get

Somewhat absurdly the 8 is still in touching distance but the draw is very tough for us - No doubt a top 10 finish will result in a contract for Stacey.

I accept we will lose many more games this year but let them be losses like the Roosters and not some of the errrrrrrr other efforts.

It’s not even the result I am looking for but a change in attitude of the players, team selection and game plan.

If he rolls out the same line up and the boys don’t put in this weekend then we don’t need 11 games to decide if he’s any good

And what happens if Shaun and Stacey have a falling out, does Shaun play like crap again until he gets another coach he likes?
I find it hard to imagine them having a falling out, but I like to think that he doesn't that sort of power over the club like he used to.

We also have Volkman lurking in the background and Shaun Johnson has never had a threat to his job until now, He must know that if he doesn't string together some performances, or tries to push for another new coach like it is rumored he did with Brown, he wont be starting Round 1, 2023.

Reactions: gpred

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Well they spit shined the rollercoaster and painted over the rust, so strap in its time for another ride on the 'Warriors greatest hits or not' fun wheel.

....No they broke the bumper cars and this is all they have left.

People just love to hate this guy.

Im not sure why people expect him to run the ball all the time, Stacey seldom did, he was just a good game manager and I think Shaun Johnson for the most part is too.

I will admit this last game gone his head was not in it, but I struggle to think of many who seem happy. Him and Walsh are both no happy.

This might be the change Shaun Johnson needed to be more consistant 60+ fantasy point level. Hes been up and down this year.

Either way Im happy, good halves next year. I expect Volkman will get game time when Shaun Johnson is injured. So Shaun Johnson may as well start going for it and not worrying about the injuries. Season is already over needing 9/11. But, if we head into next year with positivity, I can see us really turning this around. Players need a coach they feel is addressing their voice, helping fix what is going wrong and helping find new ways to get ahead.
Even though Shaun Johnson has had some bad games, he made some big tackles on the weekend. Conversely #10 let 2 soft ones in over the top of him.

That just tells me none of them are truly in a good place right now.

gpred

Contributor
I wonder what Stacey was trying to teach.
He was never an orthodox, he was great but probably didn't know why he was, if you get my meaning.
Completely agree. He was just a crazy talent, but with limited ability to transfer his knowledge.

He's been around the club for ages, yet our halves have mostly been a let down in comparison to other clubs, which is evidence to me of his inability to transfer knowledge and skills.

I really hope he doesn't become coach. Like others, on the field he is one of my favorite Warriors. Off the field I personally have no respect for him after he did those Instant Finance adds, where he took personal gain to sell debt to poor people, many of whom would have been Warriors fans.

Our club and players already show a lack of integrity at times, the last thing we need is a coach who lacks it.

Reactions: dean
By no means do I want Stacy Jones to become head coach, but this is a great opportunity for him to prove to the club and fans that he's worth keeping around in some capacity.

Obviously Justin Morgan wasn't seen as a interim coach so for that he's toast after this season.

If the warriors had an established junior pathways cranking and we were churning out junior warriors players I would possibly be okay giving a guy like Stacy a crack.

But when we will have to go to the market for the next 2 to 3 seasons while the club gets this going he's too much of a risk. Players will not come here to be coached by Stacy Jones.

Good luck Stacy you are forever ingrained in the warriors legacy, please bring some pride back to the jersey.

Reactions: wizards rage
By no means do I want Stacy Jones to become head coach, but this is a great opportunity for him to prove to the club and fans that he's worth keeping around in some capacity.
Could be family related but I find it interesting that they punted him from his assistant coaching role last year, now he’s offered the interim head coaching role. Its bizarre how this club cycles back through the same people.

One of my all time favourite "non-Wigan" players and certainly one of my favourite Warriors players.

Think he has a free hit here really and can't damage his rep too much. We're already shit.
You never know, he might tell them to stop being shit and they might actually listen to him. Browny should have thought of that instead of over-thinking the game turning centres into edges and hookers into props. League's a simple game, and we appear to have a team full of simpletons so Stacey's game plan might just work.

Last edited: