Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 25/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: Nil
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)

Last edited:
Has Caleb Clarke really been that bad?

I don't watch union to argue it, but this highlights reel is pretty bloody good

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzd5_51f2Y

There are a lot of comments about his defence on that video, but is also still only 24 so he has some more time before being a lost cause there I would have thought.

Depending on how far the exemptions will go for signing Union players, wouldn't he be worth a flyer? He's coming into his last year on his current deal with NZR, so we would be able to get him in 2025, when DWZ and Montoya will both be knocking on the door of 30, and both in a contract year.

Get him in the gym with KKF to help work out the defence, put him outside his bro RTS, and see how he goes?

Clarke hasn't been that bad.
Just the optics of going from having an All Black Superstar season to being a regular Super Rugby player makes it look worse.
He's multiple levels better than Soloman Alaimalo and Hugh Renton at Super Rugby
Why would we want a Souths fan though, indicates there's something seriously wrong with his brain.

BlackWhiteGold
I hope we don't try to match the $4.5 million 4 year package for AFB that St George has offered.

St George Illawarra have offered Addin Fonua-Blake a four-year, $4.5m deal to join the club from next season.

It comes as the future of Wests Tigers winger David Nofoaluma remains uncertain after he turned up late to training on Tuesday.

Nofoaluma was present for a session at Concord on Monday, albeit on the sidelines nursing a calf injury, having refused to turn up to training the previous week over perceived unfair treatment by the club’s football department.

This masthead reported on Monday 30-year-old winger has struggled since returning to pre-season training, to the point he failed to beat home some front-rowers in a time trial.

New coach Benji Marshall has driven a greater standard of training among his players since taking over from Tim Sheens and made it clear he would not afford the veteran – or any other player – special treatment. Nofoaluma has voiced his concerns at the club’s demands on his fitness with the Rugby League Players’ Association.

Sources with knowledge of the situation told this masthead that Nofoaluma turned up late to training on Tuesday, giving the Tigers greater cause for concern over his commitment to the club.

Meanwhile, St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has added some depth to his backline by signing former Queensland Origin player Corey Allan for the 2024 season.

It comes as the Red V up the ante in their pursuit of Warriors forward Fonua-Blake, offering the hulking prop forward a four year, $4.5million deal to join the club from 2025.

The Wests Tigers are believed to have made him a similar offer. The Dragons have also shown Cowboys back-rower Heilum Luki around the club’s facility in Wollongong.

Flanagan is desperate to add some star power to his roster but also some depth in other positions. Allan, who joins the Dragons after stints at the Broncos, Rabbitohs, Bulldogs and Roosters, fits that criteria.

Allan was without a contract after his deal with the Sydney Roosters expired at the end of the 2023 campaign and will now join the Dragons for pre-season training.

As for the Tigers, they believe they have the salary cap space to accommodate both Fonua-Blake and Penrith five-eighth Jarome Luai on deals worth over $1million per season each.

Luai is still mulling over his future as he decides between remaining with the three-time reigning champions or accepting big money deals at the Tigers or Bulldogs.

I would have said Tigers in celebration as entire board is sacked today. That board was an absolute mess, Pascoe should have stepped down a long time ago.
Good point bro they were a mess

Stability would be a key for me if I was doing an AFB

Rookie coach, bottom table team and now an entire new board

That would be a pass from me

However with the right pitch and right squad….. then maybe

The worrying thing for me is that the article states the offer is to join next season.

Yeah I'm assuming for 2025 for them - if that's the case then they only have to get through one year of Ben Hunts contract, and he obviously wants to leave anyways so if there was any issues they could let him go a year early.

Deffo thought that was a dumb move letting go of Sullivan and keeping Ben Hunt who didn't want to be there.

Yeah I'm assuming for 2025 for them - if that's the case then they only have to get through one year of Ben Hunts contract, and he obviously wants to leave anyways so if there was any issues they could let him go a year early.

Deffo thought that was a dumb move letting go of Sullivan and keeping Ben Hunt who didn't want to be there.
What I did like to see in that article is Heilum Luki touring the dragons facilities. I’ve come to the conclusion that Taumalolo is the only possible upgrade on AFB and would love for the Warriors to take over his $950k a season until 2027. Cowboys will be trying to hold onto Luki, Dearden and Finefeuiaki.

Back