Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
An idea could be to postpone having kids until parents can afford to have them.
That doesn't really solve the problem though does it? More of conservative wet dream, that we can enact behavioural change without any need for investment.

I'm sure the social deprivation was just as bad if not worse.
NZ (and the world) was just a smaller, less complicated society.

It's actually easier to put your hands in the air & blame the parents than confront the inequities in the society we live in.

We're not ever going to live in a utopia but should have the ability to improve. Probably not with a government who think landlords and automatic weapon nuts need a leg up though.
As a parent you have a duty of care to your children. There is no excuse. I'm tired of seeing kids neglected, murdered and abused.
Many Govt do there best to assist but even they are abused when they intervene with the childs welfare their primary concern

That doesn't really solve the problem though does it? More of conservative wet dream, that we can enact behavioural change without any need for investment.
Take away the pay cheque for having children and that certainly would help.

Keep throwing money at it, some of it might stick.
It's easier to announce a minimum wage rise or increase to benefits or other non targeted spending increase.

Addressing some of the issues, that won't see results from it for a number of years, isn't a vote winner when it comes to election time.

That is the problem. It is unpalatable to point the finger at parents though. Better to blame colonialism, poverty and anything else rather than useless parenting. The thing is though, parents were way poorer during the depression years and without welfare and often food. What's happened.
No parents take responsibility at all.

This generation of adults in charge ARE the weak generation. Not the kids. Look at Luxon, Bishop and co. Podgy mediocre men with dull intellects. Of course kiwis elect them to lead, they are representative.

If you don’t want better of yourself, you should at least want better from your leaders.

As a parent you have a duty of care to your children. There is no excuse. I'm tired of seeing kids neglected, murdered and abused.
Many Govt do there best to assist but even they are abused when they intervene with the childs welfare their primary concern
Lol, you're tired of seeing it, but don't agree the problem needs more resourcing.
We should just get tough on them, like we do criminals - which funny enough is a problem we no longer have to deal with.

I get these vibes.
1701642020737.png

This generation of adults in charge ARE the weak generation. Not the kids. Look at Luxon, Bishop and co. Podgy mediocre men with dull intellects. Of course kiwis elect them to lead, they are representative.

If you don’t want better of yourself, you should at least want better from your leaders.
Forget about leaders, you should want better for your children, that is better than we had.

Except the real leaders stay well away from the cesspit that is politics.

bit of a shame and one of the failings or down sides of MMP I think.

There was a lot to like about this party but many voters were worried about wasting their votes if the party didn't meet the thresholds of getting in to parliament
I’m pro every party that achieves 1% of the vote getting 1 representative. None of this minimum 5% stuff.

A wider spread of representation.

There would be issues with a whole lot of small parties and perhaps needing more (unstable?) coalition partners to form a government but also if there are a few small central parties, you could pick and choose with the major party able to avoid Peters and take a party like TOP instead. More choice in partners would solve a lot of the over power that small parties get.

You mean by improving sexual eduction in school?
I think most young people have figured that out. I mean stuff like learning how you apply for a flat, get utilities connected, budgeting and prioritising spending. How much a child costs to bring up. The various stages of a childs development and the importance of your imput.
A lot of that was passed on from parents.

I’m pro every party that achieves 1% of the vote getting 1 representative. None of this minimum 5% stuff.

A wider spread of representation.

There would be issues with a whole lot of small parties and perhaps needing more (unstable?) coalition partners to form a government but also if there are a few small central parties, you could pick and choose with the major party able to avoid Peters and take a party like TOP instead. More choice in partners would solve a lot of the over power that small parties get.
Good idea. I think any issues with small parties with conspiratorial leanings would be found out during question time and subsequent grilling on the tiles by the media.

Back