Current Affairs Weather / climate change

From 2019 but the situation worsens.
What causes Global Warming???

……………………………………….………………

The US military’s carbon bootprint is enormous. Like corporate supply chains, it relies upon an extensive global network of container ships, trucks and cargo planes to supply its operations with everything from bombs to humanitarian aid and hydrocarbon fuels. Our new study calculated the contribution of this vast infrastructure to climate change.

Greenhouse gas emission accounting usually focuses on how much energy and fuel civilians use. But recent work, including our own, shows that the US military is one of the largest polluters in history, consuming more liquid fuels and emitting more climate-changing gases than most medium-sized countries. If the US military were a country, its fuel usage alone would make it the 47th largest emitter of greenhouse gases in the world, sitting between Peru and Portugal.

In 2017, the US military bought about 269,230 barrels of oil a day and emitted more than 25,000 kilotonnes of carbon dioxide by burning those fuels. The US Air Force purchased US$4.9 billion worth of fuel, and the navy US$2.8 billion, followed by the army at US$947m and the Marines at US$36m.

It’s no coincidence that US military emissions tend to be overlooked in climate change studies. It’s very difficult to get consistent data from the Pentagon and across US government departments. In fact, the United States insisted on an exemption for reporting military emissions in the 1997 Kyoto Protocol. This loophole was closed by the Paris Accord, but with the Trump administration due to withdraw from the accord in 2020, this gap will will return.

More

https://theconversation.com/us-mili...s-shrinking-this-war-machine-is-a-must-119269

Why this planet is screwed:
We all chant "We all have to do something about climate change!"
We then turn to the person on our right and say "You have to lose your job!"
We then turn to the person on our left and say "You have to change your way of life!"

Further more, we all parrot "But I'M ONLY ONE PERSON, I can't change anything!" but forget that everyone is ONLY ONE PERSON.

The master bedroom's on fire, folks, we can either waste time arguing about who's fault the fucking fire is (which is what we're doing now!) and pouring icecream containers of water on it, or make plans to move stuff to the living room.

Yes, by that analogy - I'm sure someone on here will point out why it's a dumb analogy, btw - I'm saying the world is going to burn at some point.

Why this planet is screwed:
We all chant "We all have to do something about climate change!"
We then turn to the person on our right and say "You have to lose your job!"
We then turn to the person on our left and say "You have to change your way of life!"

Further more, we all parrot "But I'M ONLY ONE PERSON, I can't change anything!" but forget that everyone is ONLY ONE PERSON.

The master bedroom's on fire, folks, we can either waste time arguing about who's fault the fucking fire is (which is what we're doing now!) and pouring icecream containers of water on it, or make plans to move stuff to the living room.

Yes, by that analogy - I'm sure someone on here will point out why it's a dumb analogy, btw - I'm saying the world is going to burn at some point.
But at points in history it has been hotter than it is now with no human carbon emissions.
The way I see it is they are using this to drive fear like covid to get the results they want, tye main difference is covid had a end date where as climate change doesn't. Let's not forget climate change has been called many other things o er time and all the doomsdayers predictions have never come true.

But at points in history it has been hotter than it is now with no human carbon emissions.
The way I see it is they are using this to drive fear like covid to get the results they want, tye main difference is covid had an end date where as climate change doesn't. Let's not forget climate change has been called many other things o er time and all the doomsdayers predictions have never come true.
I’m on the ‘change is happening but we just roll with it’ side of things.

We will need to adapt and change when we need to. Do as much as we can now to limit changes but don’t get to stressed over it all.

I back science and human nature to help us adapt.

Just like nimbyism humans HATE change so want solutions NOW.

The way I see it is they are using this to drive fear like covid to get the results they want, tye main difference is covid had a end date where as climate change doesn't. Let's not forget climate change has been called many other things o er time and all the doomsdayers predictions have never come true.
Were there humans living during this period in history when it was hotter? The earth isn't going to cease to exist if the tipping points are reached with human induced climate warming, but humans might.

Were there humans living during this period in history when it was hotter? The earth isn't going to cease to exist if the tipping points are reached with human induced climate warming, but humans might.
So why are we to blame now if it is natural cycle of the earth warming and cooling?
How do we know it's human induced and not natural cycles?

I’m on the ‘change is happening but we just roll with it’ side of things.

We will need to adapt and change when we need to. Do as much as we can now to limit changes but don’t get to stressed over it all.

I back science and human nature to help us adapt.

Just like nimbyism humans HATE change so want solutions NOW.
We can and should treat our environment better, but where do we draw the line, how many rights/privileges do we give up that will destroy our lifestyles.
I believe there are people taking advantage of the hysteria to gain more control over the population.

I believe there are people taking advantage of the hysteria to gain more control over the population.
There is no doubt about that and its difficult to know who to believe anymore and thats going to get worse as AI becomes more prevalent and bad actors can drown out facts with noise. But do you just keep doing what you're doing and assume everything is bullshit? The only thing you can trust is what you see and the weather patterns we have been seeing are certainly extreme.

There is no doubt about that and its difficult to know who to believe anymore and thats going to get worse as AI becomes more prevalent and bad actors can drown out facts with noise. But do you just keep doing what you're doing and assume everything is bullshit? The only thing you can trust is what you see and the weather patterns we have been seeing are certainly extreme.
But we do know weather manipulation has been around for 70 years and yes they can bring on storms and winds, some say they can even create earthquakes now.

But we do know weather manipulation has been around for 70 years and yes they can bring on storms and winds, some say they can even create earthquakes now.
The science is settled. Posting vague conspiracy theories on a rugby league forum won't do anything to change that.

Man made climate impact has accelerated global warming. We are now having those impacts visited upon us.

FACT.

The science is settled. Posting vague conspiracy theories on a rugby league forum won't do anything to change that.

Man made climate impact has accelerated global warming. We are now having those impacts visited upon us.

FACT.
Science is never settled that is science, Stent a hypothesis and try to prove it over and over.
Science is also brought and paid for and data is manipulated.
It's also fact that weather can be manipulated not a conspiracy theory.

But your point is to try and sow doubt is it not? Conspiracy theory bullshit. Move on.
My point is to have a conversation about it and not believe just one side of it, how do scientists explain I
The earth being warmer 50000 years ago than it is now?

There is some dumb shit in here eh.

Same people, same anti science conspiracy shit that ruined the other science threads.

Shame we cannot talk sanely about the continuum that natural global warming cycles vs man made climate change.

Pretty much kills any opportunities to speak to the real issues because of blackrock U.N. new world order paranoid delusions.

Hey free speech is one thing, but if you're endlessly dropping that shit in every thread page after page, while convincing no one....what's that called? It ain't free speech, it's something else.

There are conspiracy antiscience forums aplenty out there. This shouldn't be one of them.
The earth has been warmer many times in the past and we’re below the long term average over millions of years.

But we’ve adapted to how it is now and significant change has far reaching consequences around flooding, food supply and extreme weather.

83C545FF-4A17-46FE-BDFB-6207C332B70C.png

Back