General Sports betting.

2Big2Strong

Heritage Member
I originally tried to register with sportsbet but it wouldn't let me because I didn't live in NSW or VIC.So I went with the QLD arm, tatts.com.

tajhay

🏉
I originally tried to register with sportsbet but it wouldn't let me because I didn't live in NSW or VIC.So I went with the QLD arm, tatts.com.
what? im in qld and i registered before the start of the season...they have good nrl bets on sportsbet...some of my soccer friends like centrebet

tajhay

🏉
wizards were paying around 10 yesterday to beat the bulls in nba today...and they ended up doing the deed. i dont really touch anything that pays less than 1.20 for a win (unless draw no bet on soccer). most other nba results went to plan today.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Top try scorer market for 2013 https://www.sportingbet.com.au/betb...l-2013-top-tryscorer-top-pointscorer-markets/

Ben Barba favourite at $9. Ashley Graham great value for money on $26. Manu on $17. Next on the list for the Warriors is Locke on $41 then K-Rell on $61.

Top try scorers from 2012 https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/statistics

First time on this thread and in 5-6 years of betting on NRL multi's I have never hit 8 from 8. Bet every week too! My number 1 rule, bar 1st and last try scorer, I NEVER bet on the Warriors! The amount of multi's I have scored 7 from 8 only to be let down by the Warriors is crazy. The main problem is my 2nd rule, NEVER bet against the Warriors! I get 7/7 alot. Some pay $200 some pay $2000.

My best bets are always try scorers and 3-4 game multi's. Won afew double 1st and last with Barba last year. Stopped backing my main man Manu but he netted me over $5000 in one year alone (2007 or 2008?). In the 5-6 years I have been betting I have never had a negative year.

Some of my other rules...

Try as best I can to watch all games
Never spend more then $40/week
Never read tipping sheets. Your guess is just as good as theirs.
Always know up to date injury lists. One playmaker off or coming back on can make all the difference.
Make my bets ASAP on Friday with the lads before I get drunk!
If you watch the games and know the sport then FOLLOW YOUR OWN INSTINCTS!

Reactions: ToiletDuck and oman

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
NRL: Punter scores record payout after picking eight winner

amedia.nzherald.co.nz_webcontent_image_jpg_201312_southswin_220x147.jpg

South Sydney's two point win over the Sharks would have made one punter very happy. Photo / Getty Images
A Wellington punter who scooped a record $250,000 payout today from the TAB after successfully picking eight second round NRL winners is an "NRL nut'' who never punts without studious homework.
After placing a $5000 multi bet on all eight favourites, the gambler - who is adamant he wants to remain anonymous and will not comment - needed the Rabbitohs to come through against the Sharks last night to collect his winnings.
The man would have been on the edge of his seat as the Rabbitohs edged out a 14-12 victory.
South Sydney's nail-biting win meant the punter took home $250,000 - the maximum payout for any single TAB multi.
It's rare for all TAB favourites to win in any competition.
TAB sports bookmaker Kieran McAnulty said it equals the biggest ever sports payout.
Another punter won $250,000 in 2007, but his sports multi outlay of $88,000 massively outweighed last night's winning bet, which meant this week's punter cleared $245,000.

"I get quite nervous when I have a $10 bet on a game, so I can't imagine what he was going through. Good on him,'' said Mr McAnulty.
Vanessa Manihera, manager of the Brandon St TAB in Wellington, where the lucky punter took his bet, said it couldn't have happened to a better customer.
"He's an NRL nut,'' she said.
"He closely studies the NRL form, and comes into the branch to do his homework before placing his bets. He's very astute, and he puts in the hard yards.''
The punter normally only takes head-to-head or winning team and margin bets, but he's taken to "using his nous'' to chase the bigger money on offer with multis and the re-launch of the rugby and league pools, with a guaranteed pool of $100,000.

* Other big TAB returns include:
$1.1 million from an $8 Pick 6 bet in 2010
$440,000 from a $2000 racing multi in 2012
$375,000 from a $50 trifecta in 2007
$330,000 from a $50 trifecta last year
$330,000 from a $20 Pick 6 last year

Reactions: Est95

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
well i just won $250 with 10 dollars on hinchcliffe for frist try scorer epic!!!!!
Showoff!:cool:[DOUBLEPOST=1365939493,1363880804][/DOUBLEPOST]Get to buy my third jersey for the year :)...

TAB.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1366116330][/DOUBLEPOST]
NRL: Punter scores record payout after picking eight winner

amedia.nzherald.co.nz_webcontent_image_jpg_201312_southswin_220x147.jpg

South Sydney's two point win over the Sharks would have made one punter very happy. Photo / Getty Images
A Wellington punter who scooped a record $250,000 payout today from the TAB after successfully picking eight second round NRL winners is an "NRL nut'' who never punts without studious homework.
After placing a $5000 multi bet on all eight favourites, the gambler - who is adamant he wants to remain anonymous and will not comment - needed the Rabbitohs to come through against the Sharks last night to collect his winnings.
The man would have been on the edge of his seat as the Rabbitohs edged out a 14-12 victory.
South Sydney's nail-biting win meant the punter took home $250,000 - the maximum payout for any single TAB multi.
It's rare for all TAB favourites to win in any competition.
TAB sports bookmaker Kieran McAnulty said it equals the biggest ever sports payout.
Another punter won $250,000 in 2007, but his sports multi outlay of $88,000 massively outweighed last night's winning bet, which meant this week's punter cleared $245,000.

"I get quite nervous when I have a $10 bet on a game, so I can't imagine what he was going through. Good on him,'' said Mr McAnulty.
Vanessa Manihera, manager of the Brandon St TAB in Wellington, where the lucky punter took his bet, said it couldn't have happened to a better customer.
"He's an NRL nut,'' she said.
"He closely studies the NRL form, and comes into the branch to do his homework before placing his bets. He's very astute, and he puts in the hard yards.''
The punter normally only takes head-to-head or winning team and margin bets, but he's taken to "using his nous'' to chase the bigger money on offer with multis and the re-launch of the rugby and league pools, with a guaranteed pool of $100,000.

* Other big TAB returns include:
$1.1 million from an $8 Pick 6 bet in 2010
$440,000 from a $2000 racing multi in 2012
$375,000 from a $50 trifecta in 2007
$330,000 from a $50 trifecta last year
$330,000 from a $20 Pick 6 last year

Your not going to belive this but that same guy did it again, twice...

League punter cleans up with third big win

By Matthew Theunissen
5:30 AM Tuesday Apr 16, 2013
amedia.nzherald.co.nz_webcontent_image_jpg_201316_SCCZEN_A_271112jb14bop_220x147.jpg
TAB spokesman John Mitchell said this was the biggest ever fixed-odds payout by the TAB. Photo / John Borren
A gambler who won a record $250,000 payout last month from the TAB after picking eight second-round NRL winners has done it again.

This time the punter placed two separate bets on a single round of the NRL, scooping a whopping $430,000.

First, the man placed a successful $8300 multi-bet on all eight favourites to win their respective games, winning him the maximum allowable return of $250,000.

He placed another $10,000 bet on all eight favourites, with the only variation being that North Queensland Cowboys would come within 12.5 points of the Brisbane Broncos. This got him another $180,000.

TAB spokesman John Mitchell said this was the biggest ever fixed-odds payout by the TAB.

"For him to win three bets like this in the space of a month is pretty incredible," he said.

The man - who did not want to be identified - was a "very quiet fella" who was obsessed with the NRL.

"He is an absolute NRL junkie: he does his research, he does his homework.

He goes to the Brandon St and the Courtenay Place TABs and I'm told by the locals there that he sits down with his little book of facts and figures and he scours the newspaper and the websites."

Mr Mitchell said the win had "hit the TAB's pocket", but it was good to see someone get a big win.

University of Auckland statistician Carl Hamblyn said the chance of picking all eight winners once was 0.4 per cent. "The probability of a punter correctly picking all eight winners on a multi is very small. And to do that three times in a row is practically nil."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10877794

He's possibly spent 18k x 4 to get there assuming this is his weekly fetish

72k for some lazy bets anyone ?...........anyone ?............that money won't last long

Reactions: mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
He's possibly spent 18k x 4 to get there assuming this is his weekly fetish

72k for some lazy bets anyone ?...........anyone ?............that money won't last long
TAB will get every cent back and some but they won't run a story on how he's homeless now...

Reactions: Sup42
TAB will get every cent back and some but they won't run a story on how he's homeless now...
lmao one of those bets was a rounded 10k which makes sense the other $8300 is an odd amount by comparison ( whats the 300 bucks about ) down to the last of his winnings from last time ?

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
lmao one of those bets was a rounded 10k which makes sense the other $8300 is an odd amount by comparison ( whats the 300 bucks about ) down to the last of his winnings from last time ?
You can only bet so much on certain odds so he's possibly just betting the maximum. TAB caps your payout...

Reactions: Sup42