Internationals Spoilers: New Zealand v PNG

Skinny_Ravs82

It's always a love-hate relationship when it comes to Phil Gould. He's smart and he knows his stuff, but from time to time when he needs to give himself an ego boost with his inflated opinions it goes off the rails but you listen he when he says something because at some point he is right. Which is damn annoying.

2big2strong_old

Who would have thought there was two Phil Goulds in rugby league, one has the wisest football brains in the game, and the other an arrogant cock that talks crap.

Yeah he may be arrogant but you've only got to look at the fact he's the first person many stars ring for advice. As soon as Freddy Fittler got the Roosters job the first person he rang was Gould, Andrew Johns used to get advice off of him more than his own club coaches.

And they're just the ones that have been publicized through the media.

I'm a massive fan, one of the few I suppose.

Jesbass_old

Yeah he may be arrogant but you've only got to look at the fact he's the first person many stars ring for advice. As soon as Freddy Fittler got the Roosters job the first person he rang was Gould, Andrew Johns used to get advice off of him more than his own club coaches.

And they're just the ones that have been publicized through the media.

I'm a massive fan, one of the few I suppose.

I respect him. That's what his talent brings to the table.

I dislike him. That's what his personality brings to the table.

I don't consider respect and dislike to be mutually exclusive.

Skinny_Ravs82

There are times when I'd like to hit him over the head, but hey, I'd like hearing his comments compared to some former players who are just tattling rubbish and get facts wrong! lol. As 2b2s has in his signature! :D

Esoj_old

phil gould is a football genius and his knowledge of the game is definitely right up there with the best of them. As a person though I don't like the guy as his personality just comes out his him looking out for himself only. This however shouldn't prevent anyone learning and indeed listen to hist insights into league especially from the coaching perspective because he has literally been there and done that.