Internationals Spoilers: New Zealand -V- England

Jesbass_old

Leuluai being interviewed saying he has had a poor WC so far and says he owed the boys. The 9 jersey definitely suited him.

Jesbass_old

Ropati being interviewed said it was a poor drop off, sees a lot of improvement, and says we need to improve our handling to have a chance.

Skinny_Ravs82

We seem to quite capable of raising good hookers but never halves? what's with that? lol.

Fien was quite good as well

He did a good job tonight, everyone was alright and could have been better. We were very patchy tonight though, can't play like that against the other finalists coz we'd get towelled up

Jesbass_old

McGuire disappointed with the result - too many errors and views NZ as deserving winners. Had a great performance individually, but it means nothing.

Skinny_Ravs82

Ok and Fox Sports replay is on @ 10:30pm, Channel 9 replay at 12am

and for those union loves..All Blacks take on ireland at Croke park tomorrow morning 4am (Aust time). LOL

Thought I'd try the advertising there :p

Ok gonight everyone, go celebreate the Kiwis win..and I'm outta here!!

Jesbass_old

Nathan Fien got MOM two weeks in a row. Definitely deserved it tonight, but I still think Vatuvei or Hohaia should have got it last week.

Jesbass_old

Okay, big +s:
Leuluai showed a massive improvement and was genuinely dangerous at hooker.
Fien's kicking game was almost brilliant.
We started well for the first time this WC.
We clawed our way back after dropping the intensity.
We're in the WC final!

-s:
Handling. Handling. Handling.
Lazy defense at times, basically inviting the English through.
Dropping our intensity twice to make it a much closer match.
The officiating in general - both teams can complain for that abysmal effort.

JonB_old

that was cool.

But in all honesty the English 13 looked about as dangerous as there counter parts in the English Union team.
And that winger, number 5 had to be the worst player in contact I have ever seen. He didn't enter any contact situations where he looked to to dominant just fell with the hit. Soft as.

BigD_old

the Aussies with Pricey & Tate will win the World cup

Cannot see NZ getting within 15 points at least

Jesbass_old

that was cool.

But in all honesty the English 13 looked about as dangerous as there counter parts in the English Union team.
And that winger, number 5 had to be the worst player in contact I have ever seen. He didn't enter any contact situations where he looked to to dominant just fell with the hit. Soft as.

That's the same number 5 who talked in the media about how he was going to tame the beast.

Skinny_Ravs82

Oh I also wanted to make a mention of Shane hayne's performance today. I think it was last week or the week before I was saying how our NRL refs were WAY BETTER then the refs from the North? Well I have to take that back!! LOL. His officiaiating tonight was quite miserable, couple of bemused calls, and calls that he didn't make. Pretty sub par!

Skinny_Ravs82

Okay, big +s:
Leuluai showed a massive improvement and was genuinely dangerous at hooker.
Fien's kicking game was almost brilliant.
We started well for the first time this WC.
We clawed our way back after dropping the intensity.
We're in the WC final!

-s:
Handling. Handling. Handling.
Lazy defense at times, basically inviting the English through.
Dropping our intensity twice to make it a much closer match.
The officiating in general - both teams can complain for that abysmal effort.

Our handling at the satrt wasn't bad, but it just got worse as we tried to push passes and do things at a 100miles an hour

daj3_old

Well I was happy to be proven wrong about Leuluai. Issac Luke didn't do a lot to prove me right either... not a terrible game, but not his outstanding best either.

I think tonight illustrated the point about Hohaia not being a fullback though. Granted, Perret made a few poor positional calls but Hohaia more often than not messed up the difficult ones. Perret to number 1... dunno where that leave hohaia because leuluai definitely proved his worth at number 9.

Mannering in the centres was ok, as I expected, but it wasn't amazing. Actually, besides putting him back in the 2nd row, and Inu at 3 I wouldn't change the team. Perret was outstanding.

daj3_old

And I agree on Shane Hayne skinny... I'm not into bagging refs, but it seemed like he started off making the correct calls... but he had the pressure of England complaining about NRL refs, and probably had England in his ear complaining about bias... so some of the "50/50" calls he gave against NZ were actually just outright wrong.

Vatuvei being taken out in the corner was a shocker, but I wasn't surprised to see it let go after Issac Luke's dive last week. Ultimately I think England is gonna have a massive whinge about Shane Hayne and NRL refs, but he was calling it their way from about the 30min mark onwards.

Also, Hohaia's little brain explosion was just stupid... he'd made two shockers in a row, and was getting a helping hand from the referee to fix up his second one, why go stuff that up? It was like he was intent on having a shocker.

Speaking of shockers, how poor was Gardner tonight?