Internationals Spoilers: Australia -V- England

Jesbass_old

That's full time.

Australia 52 (Inglis 3, Slater 3, Laffranchi 2, Monaghan tries; Prince 8/10 goals)
England 4 (Roby try; Sinfield 0/1)

Esoj_old

and that's fulltime. 52-4 aus in another massive carve up and a lesson on how you play rugby league

Jesbass_old

This just in: worried that critics may see this match and the tournament as a farce, they have decided to amend the score so that each team's numerical figures are added together. As such, Australia won 7-4 (5+2)-(4), and the Kiwis won 12-6 (4+8)-(6).

Wow, those games were pretty close!

Jesbass_old

and that's fulltime. 52-4 aus in another massive carve up and a lesson on how you play rugby league

In potentially contradictory fashion, it was also a lesson how you don't play rugby league! :D

Skinny_Ravs82

Haha too bad England. Loads of talk aof 'being ready' and all that and they were left more than a bit battered!!

insulinboi_old

This just in: worried that critics may see this match and the tournament as a farce, they have decided to amend the score so that each team's numerical figures are added together. As such, Australia won 7-4 (5+2)-(4), and the Kiwis won 12-6 (4+8)-(6).

Wow, those games were pretty close!

What a stats geek :p

Kid-Dynamite_old

England are useless! I dunno why they got talked up!

One down in our bet, huh NU! England V Kiwis will settle it! ;)

2big2strong_old

I think at the end of the Tournament, as an exhibition match a few days after the final, they should play Australia vs Rest of the World. Hasn't been played for over a decade now, and I think it's the only realistic way Australia will get beaten at the tournament.

Skinny_Ravs82

They did a bit of talk that's for sure and the Aussies didn't say much and they didn't have to, they did it all on performance

Jesbass_old

The two teams weren't as far apart as that scoreline implies. For one thing, there was one blatant no-try that was given, but even outside of that, Archer wasn't neutral. Again, we're struck by the curse of the non-neutral referee.

And the Aussies have been talking themselves up for weeks, mate! Actions speak louder than words. ;)

edguy_old

i wonder if adrian lam wants to take back his comments from saturday night. Aus 52 England 4 .... ..."PNG coach tips England to beat Kiwis" not in this dimension buddy !!!!!

England have some pay back due to them for last years ass kicking they gave us ...
the kiwis will be fired up for sure .

2big2strong_old

I thought Archer was quite neutral. He let a lot off stuff slide from both teams, but he let the game flow a lot more than any other refs have so far in this tournament.

England were ok in Attack JJ, they nearly crossed Oz'z try line a lot of times but you have to admit their defence was at bartercard cup level. No way were they even on the same page as Australia (in defence). They also showed they're defensive incapabilities in the PNG game as well.

On the other hand, I think NZ have been defending a lot better then they have been attacking.

England > NZ in attack.
NZ > England in defence.

Jesbass_old

I thought Archer was quite neutral. He let a lot off stuff slide from both teams, but he let the game flow a lot more than any other refs have so far in this tournament.

England were ok in Attack JJ, they nearly crossed Oz'z try line a lot of times but you have to admit their defence was at bartercard cup level. No way were they even on the same page as Australia (in defence). They also showed they're defensive incapabilities in the PNG game as well.

On the other hand, I think NZ have been defending a lot better then they have been attacking.

England > NZ in attack.
NZ > England in defence.

Yeah mate, the English went agonisingly close so many times. And yes, their defense was weak. They slid, as did the Kiwis. I reckon we need to get up in their (Australia's) faces to have a chance.

I agree on Archer letting things slide. I think by virtue of being an NRL ref, the Australians were more suited to his refereeing. There was a lot of wrestling going on there. Of course, when England and Australia are the only top level countries that have professional league, your referees are going to come from one or the other, and it'll suit one team more.

I think our attack woke up a lot on the England, even though it was PNG. Benji was our spark in the first half, and Issac Luke was our spark in the second. The likes of Vatuvei, who as we all know is devastgating with the ball in hand, haven't had that much of a look in, such is the problem with weak halves. Get the ball out wide and let Vatuvei and Folau collide - I know which kid I'd be backing!

Northern_Union

I think at the end of the Tournament, as an exhibition match a few days after the final, they should play Australia vs Rest of the World. Hasn't been played for over a decade now, and I think it's the only realistic way Australia will get beaten at the tournament.

I just posted something very similar in another thread. I think an Australia v rest of the world match would be brilliant.

Rest of world side

1. Wellens - England
2. Vatuvai - NZ
3. Senior - England
4. Vagana - Samoa
5. Utaia - Fiji
6. Marshall - NZ
7. Brough - Scotland
8. Peacock - England
9. Leo-Latu - Tonga
10.Christope-Bolin - France
11.Mannering - NZ
12.Guisset - France
13.Ellis - England

14.Fakir - France
15.Gene - PNG
16.Wabo - PNG
17.Cayless - NZ

2big2strong_old

I just posted something very similar in another thread. I think an Australia v rest of the world match would be brilliant.

Rest of world side

1. Wellens - England
2. Vatuvai - NZ
3. Senior - England
4. Vagana - Samoa
5. Utaia - Fiji
6. Marshall - NZ
7. Brough - Scotland
8. Peacock - England
9. Leo-Latu - Tonga
11.Mannering - NZ
12.Guisset - France
13.Ellis - England

14.Fakir - France
15.Gene - PNG
16.Wabo - PNG
17.Cayless - NZ

Only 1 Fijian? They completely dismantled France (which dissapointed me because I was hoping France were really starting to get up to the NZ, GB standard.) I'd at least use Hayne and Naiquama as well. Akuila Uate was amazing.

garyhobson_old

Rest of world side

1. Wellens - England
2. Vatuvai - NZ
3. Senior - England
4. Vagana - Samoa
5. Utaia - Fiji
6. Marshall - NZ
7. Brough - Scotland
8. Peacock - England
9. Leo-Latu - Tonga
11.Mannering - NZ
12.Guisset - France
13.Ellis - England

14.Fakir - France
15.Gene - PNG
16.Wabo - PNG
17.Cayless - NZ

What about Jarred Hayne?

Northern_Union

Yep your both right about Hayne, i'd posted that team then thought about Hayne. Only trouble being that Wellens is a top class fullback....so aybe Hayne to 4 with Vagana dropping out?