Internationals *spoiler* pacific cup

2big2strong_old

Wow, this could be the beginning of something very special. Fiji were un-backable favorites, and now they join fellow pacific heavyweights Samoa on the Cook Islands scrap heap. If they win one more game they're into Next years 4 nations and they never even made the World Cup last year!

motu1_old

Wow, this could be the beginning of something very special. Fiji were un-backable favorites, and now they join fellow pacific heavyweights Samoa on the Cook Islands scrap heap. If they win one more game they're into Next years 4 nations and they never even made the World Cup last year!

did you have trouble watching it

2big2strong_old

yep. but I'll watch the highlights tomorrow on Ch 9.

Thanks for the scores, I couldn't even find them on the internet.

2big2strong_old

Cook Islands continue run of upsets

By Joanna Lester AAP Sat, 24 Oct 2009 18:56:00

The Cook Islands rugby league team continued their remarkable Pacific Cup run on Saturday as they booked a place in the tournament final with a last-gasp 24-22 win over World Cup semi-finalists Fiji.
Inspired by man-of-the-match Daniel Fepuleai, who scored 12 points, the underdogs withstood a late fightback from Fiji, who had led 22-20 going into the final minute at Lloyd Robson Oval.
But the Bati defence crumbled at the last moment, allowing Gold Coast winger Dominic Peyroux to score from a high kick, sending the jubilant Cook Islanders into next Sunday's final.
The Cook Islands only reached the tournament through a shock playoff victory over Samoa, and are now only one win away from qualifying for next year's Four Nations.
Cook Islands will play the winner of Sunday's clash between Papua New Guinea and Tonga.
Fiji, beaten by Australia in last year's World Cup semi-finals, were left ruing a string of handling errors after a seemingly match-winning try from Mike Ratu.

https://www.nrl.com/newsviews/lates...k-islands-continue-run-of-upsets/default.aspx

Northern_Union

I'm backing Fiji, i love the way they play both codes but i'm really happy for the Cooks.

leeds_warrior_old

did you have trouble watching it

Played fine for me appart from the amount of adverts during the game.

What I couldn't believe was how the Cook Islands player stayed on the field after that awful head high tackle on Mike Ratu. Clear red card for me.