Internationals **Spoiler** Four Nations Final

leeds_warrior_old

Rubbish but one good thing compared to last time we played the Aussies we seemed to play 60 mins this time instead of 40 before folding up.

Tony Smith - Not good enough to coach internationally
Steve McNamara - Same as Tony Smith, neither got their team into the top 8 this season
Jamie Peacock - Not an England captain, not even captain at Leeds
Chris Bridge - Still scratch my head about how he even got in the team
Micheal Shenton - Too young and not enough experience in big games yet but one for the future
Sam Tomkins - Same as Shenton
Kyle Eastmond - Same as Shenton

Felt sorry for Sam Burgess and Peter Fox who I thought were the best ones for us tonight.

Too many missed tackles, slow, kept trying to power through the middle, when we got penalties we never did anything from them.

playdaball_old

Tompkins must one of the most overated players in World RL. His kicking and organising game was appaling. Perhaps he needs to go back to SL and he'll be right in a few years?

Eastmund has talent - just got to find the correct position for him.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToiletDuck_old

Haven't seen the game yet, but reports suggested it was fairly close until 60 min mark? Must've been a few quick tries for them to get up to 46..

Northern_Union

Tompkins must one of the most overated players in World RL. His kicking and organising game was appaling. Perhaps he needs to go back to SL and he'll be right in a few years?

Eastmund has talent - just got to find the correct position for him.

Eastmond reminds me of Shaun Edwards, and he turns out half as good as Edwards he'll have had a very good career.

leeds_warrior_old

Haven't seen the game yet, but reports suggested it was fairly close until 60 min mark? Must've been a few quick tries for them to get up to 46..

Yeah thats right, once it hit 60 minutes we just fell appart.

Viking_old

Yeah thats right, once it hit 60 minutes we just fell appart.

Was a good game up to 60 minutes. Burgess was your best forward but he's too big for a 13, was he put there to squeeze another second rower in? He was great when he got himself into the action but he was missing at times.

Sinfield is wasted at hooker, too. What was the thinking there? I thought they might be trying to play him in a Cameron Smith type of role. They would've been better served with a running hooker. Was Burrow out injured?
England had the bigger and better forward pack but whenever they were camped out on Australia's ten, the play was going from wing to wing and it was too easy to defend. If England had kept the forwards punching holes and soaking in defenders and had got a small man running off them, it was there for them to win.

Bridge was rubbish, surely there's a better center in the ESL somewhere.

leeds_warrior_old

Was a good game up to 60 minutes. Burgess was your best forward but he's too big for a 13, was he put there to squeeze another second rower in? He was great when he got himself into the action but he was missing at times.

Sinfield is wasted at hooker, too. What was the thinking there? I thought they might be trying to play him in a Cameron Smith type of role. They would've been better served with a running hooker. Was Burrow out injured?
England had the bigger and better forward pack but whenever they were camped out on Australia's ten, the play was going from wing to wing and it was too easy to defend. If England had kept the forwards punching holes and soaking in defenders and had got a small man running off them, it was there for them to win.

Bridge was rubbish, surely there's a better center in the ESL somewhere.

Just like the week before nobody really knew why he was playing the team like that. Somehow it worked last week but didn't mean it would work again.

Burrow didn't get in the squad this time, he didn't have a season like he normally does for us this year. Watchout for Burrow and McGuire having good seasons in 2010.

The Bridge thing still confusses me, was Tony Smith saying that Bridge is better than Lee Smith ? or was it Tony Smith showing favouritism for his own player ?

Whatever the reasons were for his choices he's sort of paid for it now by stepping down as coach.

commonsense_old

i like kyle eastmond. i think that kid has a bright future.

i thought briscoe the english fullback was pathetic. i like the wingers. the english team is pretty far behind the 8-ball at the moment. a lot of ppl talk about the execution between the aussies and english players were the difference but i think just the fundamentals really are it. watch the game again and compare the team's linespeed in defence, speed of the playtheballs, 5th tackle kicks and chases.

the ESL are poaching so many quality NRL players thinking it will improve the quality of the league. i honestly think the english game would benefit from taking on some NRL coaches. imagine if they managed to take wayne bennett and phil gould up north. the game would improve so much..

the style of play the english play is so uneffective and it's ashame cos i reckon the english have some great talented players. for international league to rise the english need to step up their game. i believe the kiwis are making great strides, its up to the english to follow suit

Swanley_old

I thought the england backs were dissapointing. I thought the fullback went well.

Tomkins got found out a little bit regarding his size and I believe Eastmond should stay at 6.

I don't think that bloke being knocked out helped.