Player Sonny Fai

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Just out of Curosity where did everyone see him as his best position I always thought Sonny would of been one of the best if not the bes second rowers in the Comp like everyone said had it all size speed and strength plus an awesome attitude. Such an shame
not to see him play he would of been damaging

Reactions: mode81

TheCool

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 18, 2013
Just out of Curosity where did everyone see him as his best position I always thought Sonny would of been one of the best if not the bes second rowers in the Comp like everyone said had it all size speed and strength plus an awesome attitude. Such an shame

I think he would have transitioned into second row for sure. Had the perfect combination of size and speed for it. Imagine him hitting holes off an SJ short ball..

Reactions: Defence and tajhay

ramraider78

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2012
Auckland , New Zealand
A number of people from our club contacted all the admins of that page since it went online venting about that dick head's post - I've seen a number of ex player's from our club who played age group league with Sonny post up on FB threatening that dick head's well being - it wouldn't surprise me if someone finds him and confronts him in the flesh, over this - Social Media has a long reach.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Just read that article. I don't know what was written and don't really care to know but bringing up Sonny like what was described is pretty poor taste. He died a hero.

Guys really need to think when they post stuff like that. The way stuff spreads on social media nowadays its going to reach his family. They have been through enough losing a son/brother.

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
His response:

To everyone in VW

I apologised yesterday in a thread but not too sure if everyone saw it. I am truly sorry what has taken place the last 24 hours. If I had my time again, it would not have been posted. I especially didn't expect or want it gone viral but I suppose that's social media for you. I know it doesn't mean much but it was only intended for VW eyes only. No family members were tagged as some pages are suggesting.

I don't normally do these kind of posts as it is poor taste. I only did it as a kiwi member (not naming their name) was bagging the shit out of Alex from the Newcastle Knights as we all know will never walk again. I thought this was very poor form so I retaliated not thinking of the consequences and the fact I went lower than him. This is the only reason why I did it.

I don't know if it's true that this meme got back to his family or not but if it is, please pass on my apology as I have a family of my own and couldn't imagine losing a loved one in such a tragic circumstance. He is truly a hero for saving his cousin but losing his own life.

I have obviously copped a lot of threatening inboxes and comments. I understand why you're so upset but rest assured anymore comments or inboxes with death threats etc will be passed onto NSW Police and the AFP.

Again I am truly sorry and as the saying goes "who has not sinned cast the first stone".

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
That guy was a wanker and got what he deserved. Been doing that shit for ages now. It wasnt just one meme about Sonny as well. He made 3 that I saw. He had hundreds of messages and thats the only reason why he apologised. Before then he was quite proud of his trolling efforts.

He's well known in the social media game so he'll get whats coming to him...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Sledginglegends/?hc_location=ufi

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013

The Truth

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 17, 2013
Wasnt even him who started the Sonny Fai memes but he made them up and posted them instead of the guy who started it and only replied with them in another post about Alex McKinnon. Both idiots and disappointed a Kiwi would start it all with those Alex meme's...
Well I can see now that he has removed all his photos and is in hiding. Looks like he has lost all credit in his little sledge club and even mentioned his family are now worried about their safety. Threatening to run to the cops if he gets any more death threats.

mode81

1st Grade Fringe
Jul 25, 2012

Such a tragedy he was taken so early. I have no doubt he would've went on to greatness.

His heroic deed makes him legendary but he would have been great to watch as he matured. Second row/lock. Far out imagine that Kiwis back row with him part of it. They would be lethal.

Never forget the day he made SBW look like a goose, totally outplayed him and made him look average. That was only one instance of his skill.

Rest easy brother.

nickster

U20's Player
Apr 26, 2016
Well I can see now that he has removed all his photos and is in hiding. Looks like he has lost all credit in his little sledge club and even mentioned his family are now worried about their safety. Threatening to run to the cops if he gets any more death threats.

The Ultimate Keyboard Warrior and Paper Gangsta! Karma, the ultimate bitch!!! Rant over!

RIP Sonny. Gone but never forgotten and always with us in spirit.

Upcoming Match

Gold Coast Titans Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings