General Sherwin and Armit ruled out for Warriors clash..

• Thread starter 2big2strong_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

www.bulldogs.com.au

Mitsubishi Electric Bulldogs halfback Brent Sherwin and forward Chris Armit have been ruled out of the Bulldogs line up to take on the Warriors this Sunday at Telstra Stadium.

Sherwin sustained a foot injury during the 'Dogs win over the Tigers with Armit injuring his shoulder in the same match. Both were given the whole week to shake the injuries but failed to recover.

Ben Roberts will take the place of Sherwin in the halves with Andrew Emelio making his return to the top grade for Armit. With Emelio's inclusion expect to see Sonny Bill Williams move from the centres into the forward pack.

Goalkicking wizard Hazem El Masri also picked up an injury from last weekend but has responded well to treatment to his ankle and will be given every chance to play this Sunday.

Skinny_Ravs82

rayroxon said:
What is ravs doing in your avatar skinny ravs?

I'm worried...

lol. not that my avater is an interesting topic but the image was from the game against the raiders. I think it was @ a time when the call didn't go the way of the Warriors and Ravs was...a bit anguish about it. haha

sebastian_old

This isn't gonna make one bit of difference on the result. Sherwins no where near as good as he used to be, & is still a bit down on confidence. And when they beat us 30-16, Ben Roberts was playing half because Sherwin was dropped. Armit can easily be replaced. The injury that will really help us is Hazem, he scores a try a match, defends like a giant, & guarentees 6 points every try. They lose him & i'll be happy.

2big2strong_old

sebastian said:
This isn't gonna make one bit of difference on the result. Sherwins no where near as good as he used to be, & is still a bit down on confidence. And when they beat us 30-16, Ben Roberts was playing half because Sherwin was dropped. Armit can easily be replaced. The injury that will really help us is Hazem, he scores a try a match, defends like a giant, & guarentees 6 points every try. They lose him & i'll be happy.

I agree seb, no big losses here.
the only advantage i think it does have is it has disrupted their preperations a little bit, they would've been practicing set plays etc with sherwin hoping he'd pull through now two days before the match they've got to re-arrange things with Ben. where as we've had (with the exception of Price) the same team for about 6 weeks now, really starting to gel!!!!

sebastian_old

2black2strong said:
sebastian said:

I agree seb, no big losses here.
the only advantage i think it does have is it has disrupted their preperations a little bit, they would've been practicing set plays etc with sherwin hoping he'd pull through now two days before the match they've got to re-arrange things with Ben. where as we've had (with the exception of Price) the same team for about 6 weeks now, really starting to gel!!!!

True, Roberts hasn't played with the doggies for a while & he had played a few games before he played us. So yeah there will be a little bit of advantage with match fitness, team gelling etc.

raypower_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
rayroxon said:

I'm worried...

lol. not that my avater is an interesting topic but the image was from the game against the raiders. I think it was @ a time when the call didn't go the way of the Warriors and Ravs was...a bit anguish about it. haha

Well I'm glad you cleared that up...still I hope he had a tissue...

2big2strong_old

rayroxon said:
Skinny_Ravs82 said:
rayroxon said:

I'm worried...

Well I'm glad you cleared that up...still I hope he had a tissue...

lmao!

i bet Ian Roberts would loooove to be playin against Ravs that day....

raypower_old

Good old Roberts would've ripped our Ravs apart.

He's a big man and Rav's is only a little fella...defenceless he is!

They had a story about Roberts and his partner in the Telegraph this week.
Apparently he smacked him around a bit. There was a photo of him and his partner in the paper on Monday I think, his partner was one of the most sexually ambiguous people I've ever seen and that's me trying to be at my PC best!

KeepingTheFaith_old

Yup I agree these changes won't make a difference. If anything moving SBW back to the forwards will be a plus for them. Could also work well for us as Emlio hasn't overly impressed me and Mannering is in great form.

As tough as El Masri is he's going to struggle to hold out Vatuvei one on one, especially if he goes in injured.

Holdsworth is likely to be defending on that side as well so I'd really be pushing Faumuina down towards that side of the field to link with Mannering and Vatuvei.

haami_old

I agree.Would'nt make much diference to the Doggie's linup.

Like i keep sayin'.....Tackle around the bootlaces,good ball retention[which they have been doing in the past few weeks] i cant see the Boys loosng this weekend.

Not even BTW. can do anything about it.

If the boys dont do these simple basic things....God help us!!!!!!

elloco bandido_old

sebastian said:

We also had a problem at that stage called Toopi.

warriors4life_old

Skinny_Ravs82 said:
rayroxon said:

I'm worried...

Yeah, he got away and looked like a chance of a try but was called back for a forward pass, I've got that pic.

I'd say that's good news for the Warriors, the Bulldogs training will be disrupted now and with two new players there they could be a bit disjointed.

warriorfaithful*_old

warriors4life said:
I'd say that's good news for the Warriors, the Bulldogs training will be disrupted now and with two new players there they could be a bit disjointed.

Hope so lol, i really feel a win this week and we are heading to the finals. Cos a win tommorow would mean a 4 point game cos we have the bye the following week and then we play the struggling parra eels and then the panthers who arent to flash this year either!

warriors4life_old

warriorfaithful* said:
warriors4life said:

Hope so lol, i really feel a win this week and we are heading to the finals. Cos a win tommorow would mean a 4 point game cos we have the bye the following week and then we play the struggling parra eels and then the panthers who arent to flash this year either!

No, we play Parra the following week and then have the bye, I'm looking for six in a row before the bye.

warriorfaithful*_old

warriors4life said:
warriorfaithful* said:
warriors4life said:

No, we play Parra the following week and then have the bye, I'm looking for six in a row before the bye.

Yeah sorry your right lol. Bulldogs then parra then the bye.