Rumour Shaun Wane to NZ Warriors in 2015

He sounds a bit like the biggest cock ever to play cricket.

Why do you say that?

He's tough and uncompromising and in a short time has won everything on offer, and the players (even those who leave) don't have anything but respect for him.

You didn't like the Tomkins signing, you don't like the idea of Wane coaching you.... Was it something we did? ;)

Why do you say that?

He's tough and uncompromising and in a short time has won everything on offer, and the players (even those who leave) don't have anything but respect for him.

You didn't like the Tomkins signing, you don't like the idea of Wane coaching you.... Was it something we did? ;)
That's Howick's sense of humour with those posts - don't worry you'll get used to it.

Reactions: 1 user
Why do you say that?

The name sounds like Shane Warne ....play on words is wot he's on about i think.......the Lord streches ones intellect with his sharp wit

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ahh ok, I get it now.... Nice one Warney!!!

I'm not at my best pick if references in the morning (which it was here). I've got a 4 month old girl who likes to tell me how much she loves me when I'm trying to sleep! (Along with a 5yr and 2yr old boys who like to jump on my stomach to wake me up in the morning) would have it any other way though :D

Lock it in if Scurrah is denying it. He was on record not more than a month ago pouring cold water on the NZ vs Wigan Warriors match. His word bears little weight with me...
His word bears a huge amount of weight with me. If he denies it, it is guaranteed.

I wonder if he is aware of how often he does it?

Reactions: 1 users
In regards to Scurrah, I don't take it as lying simply to lie. If for example they are going through a negotiation process he, along with every CEO in every Company will deny it's happening in public, and if they didn't I don't know if you would want them in charge if they can't keep information on a need to know basis. That said it looks like we have a new coach next year.;)

In regards to Scurrah, I don't take it as lying simply to lie. If for example they are going through a negotiation process he, along with every CEO in every Company will deny it's happening in public, and if they didn't I don't know if you would want them in charge if they can't keep information on a need to know basis. That said it looks like we have a new coach next year.;)
Quite right.

If we were a country ( the warriors ) there is that old adage sport is warfare.......Waynes Role would be akin to the joint chiefs of Staff under his presidents Owen and Eric.....Wayne's job in that model is to promote big ideas such as Shock and Awe.....

plausible deniabilty also falls under his mantle along with so many other miss information and propaganerdous techniques.

Like you say it is their job.

The Mole's thinking that he is not coming here as a head couch is probably still going under the older rumour that he would have a year under Elliot before taking over.

It will be interesting if this does go ahead. Usually it's a team doesn't perform sack the coach, coach comes in and wants to rebuild as those aren't my players and recruiting their squad gives them some breathing space before they get fired and rinse and repeat. If this goes ahead we'd look at implementing a succession plan voluntarily which doesn't happen to often; even coaches getting poached happens more often.

I haven't seen to much of Wigan since he's taken over the head coaches role; I saw a few games last year to check out Tomkins. There was a lot to like about that Wigan squad especially in the Super League Grand Final they showed a lot of tenacity in that game, they don't look like a team loaded with stars but like previous Wigan or Super League teams of the past. They have some class players with a few internationals, some imports and a lot of home grown players.

The Wigan guys on here would know more on this then I would. Has there been much improvement in the team since he's taken over from Maguire? My biggest concern with McClennan when everyone was sighting his Super league Grand Final wins was that the squad he had was full of stars developed by the previous coach who already had success with that squad. Even Leeds fans admit he didn't freshen up his squad.

If this does get announced; signing a Super League coach does have a stigma here because of what happened with McClennan. The RadioSport hosts are already asking if we haven't learnt our lesson.

Reactions: 2 users
The thing I don't like about this idea of Wane coming in in a years time is that it causes problems for the playing group in the season(s) before he arrives in that if your squad is mentally weak and/or unprofessional they subconsciously have an excuse and know that the current coach (ME) will get the blame and probably the chop.Therefore no player accountability.
If there is one thing I know as a Warriors fan it's that mental toughness and player professionalism are not our strong points.

Reactions: 4 users
The Wigan guys on here would know more on this then I would. Has there been much improvement in the team since he's taken over from Maguire? My biggest concern with McClennan when everyone was sighting his Super league Grand Final wins was that the squad he had was full of stars developed by the previous coach who already had success with that squad. Even Leeds fans admit he didn't freshen up his squad.

If this does get announced; signing a Super League coach does have a stigma here because of what happened with McClennan. The RadioSport hosts are already asking if we haven't learnt our lesson.

Here are a couple of quotes from another site relevant to your post

Exilled Wiganer wrote :

'Wane has far exceeded my expectations from day 1.
We knew he could motivate and develop young players, but he has shown acute tactical acumen, and an ability to learn from his mistakes that we could only have dreamt about. In his first year, he aimed to win every game, which lead to our being unstoppable for the first 20 or so games, but then we fell off slightly, allowing Leeds to beat us in the 2 big games. Last year, he targetted a fast enough start to get us in the top 4, and then went all out to win the knock out games. We won 8 from 8 of those. Given the turn over of players he has had to content with, he's up there with Maguire for my money.

Wigan have been lucky in having first Maguire, then Wane, as Maguire was essential to modernise and organise a club which was falling behind in every way under Noble. Once the building blocks were in place, Wane's strengths came to the fore.

Futtocks wrote :
' He has quite a blunt manner, so first impressions could make you think he's just a motivator type, but Wigan are an intelligently-run team. Maguire put a lot of good structures in place, yes, but Wane has built on them.

Foozler wrote :

'

I think Wane is great. Obviously a very passionate and intense man, but a very smart one who as you say is probably not widely recognised as such due to him sounding very northern.

I think he would be very good for England in some capacity in the future.

Reactions: 2 users
He sounds a bit like the biggest cock ever to play cricket.
You mean this beautiful man...
acelebrities.ninemsn.com.au_img_2014_blog170114_warne.jpg

Have to admit..I thought the post title was Shane Warne..not Shane Wane lol

Your supposed to be in shape when your a professional athlete and out of shape when you retire; not the other way around.

I hadn't thought about the Bluey effect, and can now understand your hesitation. Wane has successfully navigated some significant personnel changes in the Wigan team (no one thought we could win without Leuluai, Finch and Hock so its not quite fair to say he inherited a stable team.

If he does go to you guys I hope he goes well thought.

My other thought is that one of the, sometimes, good things about a new coach coming in is that they can blow away the cobwebs and really shake things up (like Maguire did with us). Having him as a deputy for a year my stifle his ability to do that!