Player Shaun Lane

Lousi-InBed

Lousi-InBed

Lane looked like a giraffe in headlights, doesn't bother me he's going.

Reactions: 5 users

facefacts

Some smart coach will put Lane in the front row, then give him a couple of seasons and he'll be playing Origin...the guys still a pup.

Reactions: 1 user
tajhay

tajhay

🏉
Kid needs about 20kg's more meat on him.
He is already 110kg. Looked a lil cumbersome and didnt seem to know what to do when he got his chance. Seemed so out of his depth compared to his game Vs Storm for the Dogs where he was absolutely awesome. Wish the kid the best, not easy to leave all the comforts of home and move country within a few days of notice. Obviously he would have been keen on going back to Sydney so cannot hate him for that. Give it a few years and i reckon he will develop into a really good player. Great prototype for a second rower.

Reactions: 1 users
eric

eric

I just can't believe RFM - a guy with feet for hands and didn't really know how to tackle - was on $200/250K

o_O

facefacts

Kid needs about 20kg's more meat on him.

Probably not weight, but strength...he's still very young, and very big, but once he learns to control that massive frame he's going to be a handful...James Tamou was the same when he was young, all arms and legs, lazy, cumbersome looking, then after a few years bam, it all clicked.

eric

eric

Source?

Is there even anyone on minimum contract at the club besides Gubb?

It was a post by Jay M i swear it was in this thread but it may have been moved. He said Lane was (probably) on $200-250K, and because it was a straight swap, RFM would've been on the same.

eric

eric

I hope it's not true anyway. If the club are forking out 200k+ for local players like him, well that's pretty messed up.

Jay M

Jay M

It was a post by Jay M i swear it was in this thread but it may have been moved. He said Lane was (probably) on $200-250K, and because it was a straight swap, RFM would've been on the same.

yeah I said it tajhay - read it somewhere beginning of this year/last year - that RFM was on $200-$250k (still less than Lousi by all accounts). And that figuring a swap for Lane - I thought value must have been close to equal.

Wright's on minimum. Not sure how many others are.

eric

eric

yeah I said it tajhay - read it somewhere beginning of this year/last year - that RFM was on $200-$250k (still less than Lousi by all accounts). And that figuring a swap for Lane - I thought value must have been close to equal.

Wright's on minimum. Not sure how many others are.

I guess when you take into account Lousi's salary, it makes RFM's not seem so excessive.

Jeez this club has made cock ups in the signing/re-signing department though.

snake77

snake77

If RFM was on that much he as a fringe first grader it says a lot about the way we have used our cap. Signing on potential like usual, yes the cap has gone up a lot but still quite a lot for a rookie.

Also says a lot about the club with how keen he seemed to be to get out and head to another club and advance his career.

With Lane heading off we definitely got the bum deal of that trade.

There were reports of Lane falling out with Hasler, maybe over training. He could be a lot more after a good pre-season or two. Not that we really have the time.

Hopefully from the Warriors point of view it is a case of not signing him to keep the little cap space we have for someone we will use in first grade.

Jay M

Jay M

There were reports of Lane falling out with Hasler, maybe over training. He could be a lot more after a good pre-season or two. Not that we really have the time.

I think Lane has the tools to be a first grader. I just don't think he understands the use of his size yet, and more importantly, hasn't filled out yet. In 3-4 years he could be a complete beast.

Reactions: 1 users
bruce

bruce

Contributor
Probably not weight, but strength...he's still very young, and very big, but once he learns to control that massive frame he's going to be a handful...James Tamou was the same when he was young, all arms and legs, lazy, cumbersome looking, then after a few years bam, it all clicked.
The guy I think of with Lane is the All Black lock Brodie Retallick. He is one of the best in the world now but when he was a junior apparently he was just the same sort of ungainly giraffe. Lane was an outstanding under 20s player who would have felt the transition to the real world quite a shock. I hope he doesn't grow into a monster and come back and bite us on the bum.

Five&Last

Five&Last

Salaries don't have to match if either team has room in the cap, if we had space under the cap then we could take back a larger contract. I don't believe RFM was on anything close to $250,000.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just watching the Rabbitohs v Manly replay and Shaun Lane looks to have leaned out quite a bit. Massive frame on him...