Player Shaun Lane

Centurion

Not saying he's mud but he's certainly not proven. Not yet. Sam Lisone isnt even proven yet and he's well up on the pecking order than Lane. Potential is one thing. Actually realising it is totally different. Thats all Im saying. Lets not wank on like the guys Sam Burgess or that Henare Wells is Billy Slater. We've done that enough with Liam Foran, Harry Siejka, Dane Nielsen and Todd Lowrie types.

Lanes good but he's not fit enough to walk into the team yet...

Yes he's definitely got massive potential and with the right 'coach' could be a major threat.

I've heard he's loving it here too! Reckons there so much raw talent here, aggressive, skilful players right across the park.

Reactions: 3 users

Centurion

LOL true; one thing that's predictable about Cappy is his unpredictability!

Reactions: 1 user
mode81

mode81

This guy is gonna be a big man once he fills out properly, he's already huge.

From the footage I have seen of him he looks a decent prospect but highlight packages don't mean much when compared to observing someone in person for 80 minutes. You get to see the off the ball work, communication, line speed all the usual stuff you look out for.

Lane already has a few NRL games under his belt, a pretty good start to his career. Without putting any pressure on the big fella he could be a Brad Thorn type player or someone along those lines if he works hard enough. At least Thorn is a great player to model your game on in terms of longevity, professionalism and success.

Lane has the necessary requirements to make a go of it specifically height, intimidation ,presence and big carries. If he can get a bit more agility in his game would be good also pick up on some ball skills learning from the likes of Ali and maybe offloads from Matulino and so on then his game should flourish here.

I look forward to his development and progress but for now he has a lot of competition in front of him he won't just stroll into a first grade spot.

Reactions: 5 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
From what Ive been told he's a little unfit but thats easily solved with training and game time. His size and skill will be a huge bonus for the team once he gets there. Should easily get a spot on the bench when he can play out a solid 20 minutes. His stamina and game time will only increase from there. Love to see him played out wide at left centre terrorising outside edges with his size and offload. Having Solomone Kata inside him and the Beast outside him would net so many points. Ryan Hoffman can always go back there on defence with the big lump going to the middle to manhandle other forwards...

Reactions: 3 users
Jay M

Jay M

From what Ive been told he's a little unfit but thats easily solved with training and game time. His size and skill will be a huge bonus for the team once he gets there. Should easily get a spot on the bench when he can play out a solid 20 minutes. His stamina and game time will only increase from there. Love to see him played out wide at left centre terrorising outside edges with his size and offload. Having Solomone Kata inside him and the Beast outside him would net so many points. Ryan Hoffman can always go back there on defence with the big lump going to the middle to manhandle other forwards...

Just to play devil's advocate a bit... I'd love to see him run on the right edge too, where we have more natural support players in Shaun Johnson, Ayshford and Fusitua (Lolohea could chime in either side from the back too) for when Lane gets an offload away. Lane running inside someone like Bodene Thompson with Shaun Johnson sitting behind for the offload would actually be cool to watch. Lane's size, supported by Thompson's speed and hole-running could open up some nice gaps.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Just to play devil's advocate a bit... I'd love to see him run on the right edge too, where we have more natural support players in Shaun Johnson, Ayshford and Fusitua (Lolohea could chime in either side from the back too) for when Lane gets an offload away. Lane running inside someone like Bodene Thompson with Shaun Johnson sitting behind for the offload would actually be cool to watch. Lane's size, supported by Thompson's speed and hole-running could open up some nice gaps.
And just cover all bases Id love to see him running down the middle with Ben Matulino off one shoulder, Bodene Thompson off the other and Tuimoala Lolohea behind him all running in a diamond formation with Tui looking for an offload out the back from any player.

Great. Thats a gameplan for left, right and middle. My couch coach job here is done...

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Jay M

Jay M

And just cover all bases Id love to see him running down the middle with Ben Matulino off one shoulder, Bodene Thompson off the other and Tuimoala Lolohea behind him all running in a diamond formation with Tui looking for an offload out the back from any player.

Great. Thats a gameplan for left, right and middle. My couch coach job here is done...

Can always put him out on the left wing if Manu is injured too? ;)

• Haha
snake77

snake77

Like his confidence but then again I've never met an Aussie that was short of it any.
They will tell you how great they are at pulling up their socks if you let them.;)

Seriously I can't blame the guy for being confident in breaking into our side with the way things are going. Hopefully motivated to go along with it. In that I mean motivated to not only make the side but make a difference.

6 Again

Seriously I can't blame the guy for being confident in breaking into our side with the way things are going. Hopefully motivated to go along with it. In that I mean motivated to not only make the side but make a difference.

Gotcha, we'll certainly need some of his confidence after the beating we took at the hands of the Storm pack.

Run_it_str8

Run_it_str8

dear god... he said 'i won't get to verse them' about his old Dogs reserve grade team...

jesus wept

Forgive him Father for he knows not what language he speaketh.

It is better to give than it is to speak from a generation of play station kids who take vs from their fighting games then take it that verse is a verb.

Jordan G

Lane/RFM were both off contract with us this year, it frees up nothing for 2017 because neither would have been factored into the 2017 salary cap to begin with.