Player Shaun Johnson

Thanks for posting the Johnson highlights. I went down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole watching more highlights.

Brought my son across to have a look. Also showed him the 2003 over the head pass against the Broncos and the Friend back flip pass. Had to show him the club wasn't always crap and has provided some great moments.
Awesome stuff bro, can either of them play prop to give Jazz a spell on the bench

Awesome stuff bro, can either of them play prop to give Jazz a spell on the bench
My biggest concern at the moment is my boys getting the height off their mother. At a BBQ once when someone asked her about the top cupboard my wife had to mention she has a little stool or portable steps inside.

The older one is only 8 but is already eating like a teenager. The younger one has always been a bit of a gobble guts.

The thing I noticed with the Johnson highlight videos especially with the Sharks years. He still had some ball running ability.

Even the years at the Sharks was a stark contrast to this year.

If his form doesn't improve now he's going to get more time at home it could be one leg injury too many. Next year could be a struggle.

Yeah hes had a knack of getting a serious injury right at the worst possible time- when he broke his ankle he was on fire- almost unstopable- even the try he scored in the process was a blinder.
Then hes carving at the sharks- top of try assists- in the the running for dally m and snaps his achilles.
Comes back from that, just starts hitting his straps again and tears his hammy!
Its definatley been a career of what could’ve been.
Don’t get me wrong it’s still been a great career but could’ve been anything.
I kinda feel like he should retire (was surprised he came back from the Achilles) but on the other hand this team really need some experience- especially in the key positions and if we can get some threats around him he can still play a role.
He’s never really played in a strong, stable team before (except the kiwis where he just happened to play his best footy).

He was showing some form and starting to look like he was winding back the clock against the Dogs in a particular game last year until that nasty hamstring tear which would be very difficult to rehabilitate from and hasn't looked the same this season sadly. Was still a solid effort in his return game last week though.

This try is my favorite, right up there with the greatest tries of all time:

That and the try assist to knock out the Storm, the peak of his career 🤣

Thanks for posting the Johnson highlights. I went down a bit of a YouTube rabbit hole watching more highlights.

Brought my son across to have a look. Also showed him the 2003 over the head pass against the Broncos and the Friend back flip pass. Had to show him the club wasn't always crap and has provided some great moments.

John Carlaw match winning try vs Sharks then Stacy Jones GF try

Also the try of the year vs Broncos with Ali…

Fond memories

Oh and when we beat the top ranked Storm as the No.8 team in 2008 with a last minute try

I am fine with him not taking on the line to preserve the body but I’d say 1/4 of the passes have been awful and seems impatient wanting to go for the Hail Mary in tackle 1, some of the kicks were meh and not sure why always kicking early at 3rd or 4th with average results.

Plus side was defense and those long punt or spiral kicks to challenge the catchers, and 40% of wins this year was due to his field goals lol

gpred

Contributor
Shaun Johnson in his prime or Reece Walsh now?

This is like Ewen McGregor's great philosophical conundrum.

If you are meeting Beyoncé, would you rather sneeze and blow snot from both barrels, or fart and shit yourself?

I'm torn for sure, but I think I will go with Reece now. Young untapped potential, could become anything. Shaun on the other hand, could have been the king of the world, but ultimately failed to deliver on his once unlimited potential.

Yep, I'm going with the promise of youth, however unlikely it might be, it's better than a sure bet on pretty good.

Beastmode

There’s always next year.
Contributor
Shaun Johnson in his prime or Reece Walsh now?

This is like Ewen McGregor's great philosophical conundrum.

If you are meeting Beyoncé, would you rather sneeze and blow snot from both barrels, or fart and shit yourself?

I'm torn for sure, but I think I will go with Reece now. Young untapped potential, could become anything. Shaun on the other hand, could have been the king of the world, but ultimately failed to deliver on his once unlimited potential.

Yep, I'm going with the promise of youth, however unlikely it might be, it's better than a sure bet on pretty good.

get off the kool aid.

Shaun Johnson in his prime shits all over Walsh.