Shaun Johnson

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not gonna kick the dude while he's down. Warriors fans are the worst for doing that.

George played Russian Roulette with him.

SJ said fuck you , And left. I bet most this team would walk if given the chance.
And no one wants to come here.

He went to a club that had one of the best coaches in the NRL booted before he got there.

They have players as bad as him that clock on & off in Fifita, Townsend , Dugan.
Overrated superstars. Yet , Like when he was here. Got all the blame.

And we had a whole team bar Rts & Ken who underperformed almost every dam game.
Yes, I agree he is not worth his current salary.
But here, He was our only hope every game.
Roger worked hard. Green & Luke pitched in.
SJ was it.

And we particularly called him out every game.

Even the sharks blasted him in the media by Gallen & Co.

I remember Paul Kent talking about an ex sharks player who came out in the media talking about how Fifita , Gallen , Graham & Prior would bully new squad members. Stand over blokes. And make them run errands, Push them around. Slap them around a bit. Tear into them if they played bad. Stuff we went through as kids lol.

He asked for a release , Flanagan told him to harden up and get on with it. But he left anyway.
To a completely different sport.? LMAO.....Could you imagine how SJ would be coping with all that? Hes the most sensitive bloke there is.

Last night I noticed SJ trying to organise his troops around him for the next play. No one listened. They brushed him off. Only young Briton Nikora listened.

The next play he called for the ball & brailey skipped him and passed it to Dugan. He did the throw the arms in the air in frustration, Then set up for the next play. Instead, Ball got passed to Fifita and he did a grubber into the in goal lol.

As much as I hate the sharks , And SJ for leaving. I would still have him over KN & Green. At a reduced amount.

One of the best players this club has produced apart from Stacey Jones.

Just a shame this club is a shambles with coaching & management. We will get players like SJ come along & ruin them.

Then leave. And either become superstars , Or broken beyond repair....

Last edited:
Reaction score

kos

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He didn’t run at the line. Seems to have lost his pace. Doesn’t want to goosestep and score solo tries any more. Those solo tries if his won us a lot of games.
Sharks coach must have told him to drop his individual brilliance well coach ya lost the game.
Fifita was garbage last night he is not consistent.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
That's the key point though isn't it?

I think everyone except SJ wants him at the club on a reduced amount, which is why we don't have him.
Not what I've read on here. A lot wouldn't have him back. I don't blame them. But, He's a shit ton better than what we currently have except CHT.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
He didn’t run at the line. Seems to have lost his pace. Doesn’t want to goosestep and score solo tries any more. Those solo tries if his won us a lot of games.
Sharks coach must have told him to drop his individual brilliance well coach ya lost the game.
Fifita was garbage last night he is not consistent.
Yes bro. You know how he is with injuries tho. Fragile as fuck. To scared to reinjure himself.

Reaction score
mrblonde

mrblonde

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Val Holmes was a big loss for them, they've missed his xfactor speed and linebreaks.

I feel a bit sorry for Shaun but wtf was that, the guy's a complete mystery no one can unlock. How many chances can you give a guy before you realise he'll never change and you're better off with a half price knockoff Warehouse princess, no one can replace SJ but at least Kodi never promised us a ring before he delivered fuck all.
Well, did you expect a lot else given it was a mid-season switch? I wouldn't write KN off yet.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I'm not gonna kick the dude while he's down. Warriors fans are the worst for doing that.

George played Russian Roulette with him.

SJ said fuck you , And left. I bet most this team would walk if given the chance.
And no one wants to come here.

He went to a club that had one of the best coaches in the NRL booted before he got there.

They have players as bad as him that clock on & off in Fifita, Townsend , Dugan.
Overrated superstars. Yet , Like when he was here. Got all the blame.

And we had a whole team bar Rts & Ken who underperformed almost every dam game.
Yes, I agree he is not worth his current salary.
But here, He was our only hope every game.
Roger worked hard. Green & Luke pitched in.
SJ was it.

And we particularly called him out every game.

Even the sharks blasted him in the media by Gallen & Co.

I remember Paul Kent talking about an ex sharks player who came out in the media talking about how Fifita , Gallen , Graham & Prior would bully new squad members. Stand over blokes. And make them run errands, Push them around. Slap them around a bit. Tear into them if they played bad. Stuff we went through as kids lol.

He asked for a release , Flanagan told him to harden up and get on with it. But he left anyway.
To a completely different sport.? LMAO.....Could you imagine how SJ would be coping with all that? Hes the most sensitive bloke there is.

Last night I noticed SJ trying to organise his troops around him for the next play. No one listened. They brushed him off. Only young Briton Nikora listened.

The next play he called for the ball & brailey skipped him and passed it to Dugan. He did the throw the arms in the air in frustration, Then set up for the next play. Instead, Ball got passed to Fifita and he did a grubber into the in goal lol.

As much as I hate the sharks , And SJ for leaving. I would still have him over KN & Green. At a reduced amount.

One of the best players this club has produced apart from Stacey Jones.

Just a shame this club is a shambles with coaching & management. We will get players like SJ come along & ruin them.

Then leave. And either become superstars , Or broken beyond repair....
I dont think it was the club that ruined him! Wmthe warriors gave him everything!!! Maybe people dont listen to him because he comes in for ten minutes then then gets under the rock again. I do not feel sorry for shaun johnson at all! And he certainly doesnt care about what we say as he drives around in Rs4 Audi, just saying.

Reaction score
BeastMode

BeastMode

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
One thing I will say is he is way to good a player to be playing in super league.
Bitterly disappointed with that performance last night.

Super league is the only way he can live up to his own hype.

Kid is simply not cut out for the physicality of the NRL.

And he knows it.

Youse got what’s youse wanted - NOT.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I dont think it was the club that ruined him! Wmthe warriors gave him everything!!! Maybe people dont listen to him because he comes in for ten minutes then then gets under the rock again. I do not feel sorry for shaun johnson at all! And he certainly doesnt care about what we say as he drives around in Rs4 Audi, just saying.
The whole team hide under rocks bar Rts & Ken.
Coaching is a problem at the club. Or lack of good ones. If CNK , Taukeiaho and co can leave here & become pretty much instant stars. Its saying something. What the fuck does owning a Audi have to do with anything?

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Not what I've read on here. A lot wouldn't have him back. I don't blame them. But, He's a shit ton better than what we currently have except CHT.
thats my point, he isnt a shit ton better, hes just more of the same. Inconsistant. Over hyped. And talented but full of ego to go with it and his own worst enemy. I am in the camp that now hes shit the bed, the warriors dont want or need him back. Hes getting older and slower. He still cant control himself and his own emotions, how is he ever going to handle a team. Remember he wasnt even in the leadership pack in the warriors. Hes not seen as a mentor or a leader.
The warriors had SJ for 8 years and got what they got, the same as what the sharks got this season. I'll never say he cant change, but so far he hasnt.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

Hands up if you are a shit coach
Reaction score
What the fuck does owning a Audi have to do with anything
Classic tall poppy syndrome. For the record is a 2006 audi....a car he wanted to own as a youngster...and did so as soon as he could afford it....but yeah...Just shows how low people stoop to to keep hating on someone.

Reaction score
gREVUS

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Reaction score
Classic tall poppy syndrome. For the record is a 2006 audi....a car he wanted to own as a youngster...and did so as soon as he could afford it....but yeah...Just shows how low people stoop to to keep hating on someone.
thats enough out of you until you buy into my refs are biased theory

Reaction score

Noitall

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Whether he knowingly mentored CHT or he just soaked up his knowledge and skill set I think that flamboyance is going to come through in this kids game and he's gonna be everything that SJ wasn't though without that early SJ speed.
That game where CHT broke his arm one of the players interviewed said he made 3 tackles with it before they got him off the field. Really like the look of him.

Reaction score
Uncmase

Uncmase

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
thats my point, he isnt a shit ton better, hes just more of the same. Inconsistant. Over hyped. And talented but full of ego to go with it and his own worst enemy. I am in the camp that now hes shit the bed, the warriors dont want or need him back. Hes getting older and slower. He still cant control himself and his own emotions, how is he ever going to handle a team. Remember he wasnt even in the leadership pack in the warriors. Hes not seen as a mentor or a leader.
The warriors had SJ for 8 years and got what they got, the same as what the sharks got this season. I'll never say he cant change, but so far he hasnt.
And that's my point to? Lol. He has more talent in his little toe that what we currently have. But mentally fragile.
He went so long without a major injury with us, Until he fucked his leg against Manly. And hasn't been the same since with his running game.

That's his bread & butter. Not organising a team. He's to soft to order around the forwards lol.

His highlights reel is still one of the best on YouTube. People that call him a has been & never was can jab themselves in the mangina. Full of shit.
Just a shame he is a shadow of his former self. And hope he finds that old magic. Getting old. Be hard road back.

Reaction score
bangbros18

bangbros18

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
So what's your honest opinion on why he walked out on the club? Could he not just get over himself and test the open market while he was still at the club? No he packed his shit and threw his toys then fucked off! If it's ok for the others to buy onto what they were doing then why didn't he? They just came of a fucken good year?

Reaction score
matiunz

matiunz

Piss it off!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
So what's your honest opinion on why he walked out on the club? Could he not just get over himself and test the open market while he was still at the club? No he packed his shit and threw his toys then fucked off! If it's ok for the others to buy onto what they were doing then why didn't he? They just came of a fucken good year?
I’m not happy about the way it went down on both sides, and I’m under no illusion SJ has his faults. But if you had been pretty much carrying a team for the better part of 7 years and some muppet comes out to the media and says he doesn’t want to pay you what you are currently getting(which was comparable to many others for his position) while you were overseas I think you’d have the right to be a little irked. Next said muppet then says “if you think you can do better by all means go and do it” , if you were pissed off you’d probably do just that.
I think the situation was poorly handled by CG who had just gotten cocky by lucking our on playing hardball with Luke and thought he could do the same with SJ. SJ didn’t appear to handle it well either and was scorned enough to take what he saw as a better offer.
As for who came out better off?
We missed the finals and probably would have got those extra 2 wins with SJ, Sharks made the finals but crashed out with SJ pretty much in the same position as he was here.

Reaction score
Worried2Death

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I’m not happy about the way it went down on both sides, and I’m under no illusion SJ has his faults. But if you had been pretty much carrying a team for the better part of 7 years and some muppet comes out to the media and says he doesn’t want to pay you what you are currently getting(which was comparable to many others for his position) while you were overseas I think you’d have the right to be a little irked. Next said muppet then says “if you think you can do better by all means go and do it” , if you were pissed off you’d probably do just that.
I think the situation was poorly handled by CG who had just gotten cocky by lucking our on playing hardball with Luke and thought he could do the same with SJ. SJ didn’t appear to handle it well either and was scorned enough to take what he saw as a better offer.
We missed the finals and probably would have got those extra 2 wins with SJ, Sharks made the finals but crashed out with SJ pretty much in the same position as he was here.
Except now he's being crucified by two countries. I don't know if he's in a better or worse position, he rolled the dice and lost but at end of the day he's still a millionaire. As Walley Lewis said after the Kangaroos beat us 3-0, "Thats rugby league. We won, you lost, thanks for coming and thanks for the money."

Last edited:
Reaction score
Tragic

Tragic

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I think it is better he went to the Sharks for him and the Warriors. If we arent going to be competitive for 3 more years then we may as well build a team around players that will still be playing in 5+ years and he may as well be playing for a team that might be competitive nek year.

Reaction score
Off The Bench

Off The Bench

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Sharkies also lost their coach in the middle of the preseason . Good effort all
In all .
I see SJ developing sort of like Benji has done .
Hell hit is peak yet .When it clicks

Top Bottom