May 27, 2015
GC
Confirmed by his sister apparently...
image.png

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Contributor
Feb 24, 2013
To further my point (mods feel free to move) here is a list of Grand Final wingers from the last 10 years including the much vilified Jonathan Wright, Billy Too Slow and Dane Nielsen. Wingers just aren't that important (unless they are covering for ineffective forwards). Solid is enough.

2015 Feldt/Winterstein vs Oates/Kahu
2014 Johnstone/old man Tuqiri vs Corey Thompson/Mitch Brown (how bad can you get)
2013 Tupou/Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (Rort) vs Taufua/D Williams
2012 Waqa/O'Neill vs Perrett/ Jonathan Wright
2011 Robertson/Hopoate vs Tupou/Vatuvei
2010 Morris/Nightingale vs Leilua/Perrett
2009 Turner/ Dane Nielsen vs Burt/Grothe (Salary Cap breach)
2008 Robertson/Williams vs Turner/Quinn (Salary Cap breach)
2007 Turner/Quinn vs Robertson/Hicks (Salary Cap breach)
2006 Boyd/Hunt vs Geyer/Turner (Salary Cap breach)
2005 Fitzhenry/Richards vs Williams/Sing

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
IF we had the available cap space then I would be very comfortable accomodating Semi in our squad at double what the Eels are presently paying him. He's a gun, simple as that.

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
Hard to make a comment on this until you really have all the correct facts. But going on what I've read and amuse to already know, these long contracts are half the problem. Anything can happen in 12 months let alone 2 or 3 year deals. Hell look at the Warriors in the last 3 weeks.

The managers have a lot to answer for with most of this stuff, and it's sad to see the game takes second place now to money. Maybe it's me, because i'm old school, but a contract is a contract, a hand shake is a hand shake ( or it used to be ) Money has destroyed the game and as the years go by, it will only get worse. Just look at DCE and all that drama with the Titans. Look at Manly now.....and DCE, well enough said.

No question in my mind, the guy is a super star of the game ( Semi ), but the fact remains, he agreed to a contract at a set price. Walking out on his club, his team mates, the fans, even the game for mind, is crap. There is no way I would want any player in my club after he had done that, regardless of how good he is.

I still think as long as there are huge amounts of money on offer in other codes, this will always be a problem. Can you blame him ?? At the end of the day as a player, you do have to think of your future and your family, your own health, but to just walk off like SBW did, in my book is not a very good look, and the NRL needs to send a very very strong message to it's players. Ban the guy for life if what is reported is true.

Hey, like I said, managers, long contracts, big money at in other codes, all account for potential stuff like this unfolding, but dam man, where has the loyalty gone........I think I just have my head stuck in the sand I guess...........

Reactions: Sledge and Akkerz

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Agreed - it's not a lot for arguably the best winger in the comp. However, other teams in the comp have a history of not paying huge contracts for wingers (there are some exceptions). It wouldn't surprise me if (for example) Manu is the highest paid winger in the comp (I'm not saying he's not worth it, I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me - there are several hundred pages elsewhere with the arguments for/against his salary cap space) - there would be a fair few wingers on minimum wage or close to it I'd think.
$250k a year is not heaps for a player of Semi's quality. In fact I'd suggest that if that figure is accurate then he's probably vying for the most underpaid player in the comp. Pay him at least close to what he's worth with a contract extension (I realise the Eels aren't in a good spot to do this right now) or set him free. Eels deserve no sympathy for the crap they've pulled in recent years.

The thing is Semi signed that deal before he was going great, so he was probably worth that when he signed, HE put pen to paper , people just can't back out of contracts half way thru it's bullshit. Like I said if he's going to another code ban the fucker for life.

Wellington Warrior

Warriors 1st Grader
May 15, 2012
Wellington, New Zealand
A semi backflip...that never ends well
Now the Eels will have a pissed off winger forced to stay playing on their books.

Guess Semi learnt what signing a contract means....you can't just walk out on it when you feel like it. Good on the NRL!!

FAN

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 17, 2014
That's why I hate to comment on stuff until I have all the correct info. Glad the NRL has stuck it to his manager, so they should.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
Was just thinking about what role his manager had in all this. IMO it was all started by him. Semi would be happy with quarter of a million after living most his life in poverty. Someone has gotten into the guys ear and made him resent what he was once grateful for...

Reactions: drunk_monk and FAN

drunk_monk

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2014
Was just thinking about what role his manager had in all this. IMO it was all started by him. Semi would be happy with quarter of a million after living most his life in poverty. Someone has gotten into the guys ear and made him resent what he was once grateful for...
Yea.

The manager obviously locked him in for too long so if hes the one trying to get him to break his contract that's dirty. And if he already had the union offer then his manager is involved to some extent.

Last edited:
Reactions: mt.wellington

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
Parramatta Eels star Semi Radradra speaks from Fiji where he admits he doesn’t know if he’ll return to NRL
external

AN emotional Semi Radradra said he has not decided if he will return to play rugby league for Paramatta despite a statement from his manager on Tuesday that he would remain an Eel.

In an exclusive interview with The Daily Telegraph in his native Fiji, Radradra said he planned to fly to his home island of Tavenui on Wednesday to talk through his options with his father.

His comments directly contradicted statements from his manager and club in Sydney and cast further doubt over his playing future.

0a312724c4c4517ae0ac4fd6e31c44ca

Parramatta star Semi Radradra has been training in Fiji as he contemplates his playing future.
Speaking at the National Fitness Centre in the Fijian capital Suva on Tuesday night, Radradra said: “I haven’t made a decision on anything.”

The superstar winger did not rule out rumoured plans that he could play rugby in France or quit football altogether.

“I’m just here to see my family and talk through it with them,” Radradra said. “I’m just here to have a break.”

The 24-year-old arrived in Fiji on Saturday after seeking leave from the Eels to spend time with his family — in particular his father, Samisoni Waqavatu, who has been ill.

It is understood he also had a relationship breakdown with the mother of his 18-month-old daughter, and sought time off from the spotlight to be with his large family, whom he heavily supports financially through his league career.

Radradra’s agent George Christodoulou is understood to have been warned by NRL integrity unit boss Nick Weeks on Tuesday that the Fijian flyer could face a long-term ban from league if he broke his contract with Parramatta.

“Semi is currently on holiday back in Fiji over the bye round,” Christodoulou told the Telegraph.

“This trip was planned and booked in conjunction with the Eels. He will be returning to Australia next week and play against the Sharks.

“He will see out the remainder of his Eels contract until the end of 2017.”

6c805c144951a4dd45ace11e3aad381e

Parramatta star Semi Radradra arrives for a workout at the National Fitness Centre in Suva, Fiji.
However, Radradra told the Telegraph he did not know when he would return.

The Eels released a statement on Tuesday afternoon reinforcing Christodoulou’s claims,

“Semi has also assured the club today that he will remain with the Eels as per his contract until at least the end of the 2017 season,” the statement read.

The statement then quoted Christodoulou: “Like other Eels players during the bye round, Semi was granted leave by the club to return home and visit family. This has led to some unnecessary speculation regarding his future.

“I have spoken to Semi directly and he would like to assure Eels fans and the wider rugby league community that he will be returning as scheduled in time to prepare for Eels’ next NRL game against Cronulla.

external

origin:video_integrator.E4bWNhNDE6D7ZtQ_WOLsugQArDbvtg2B

Radradra saga continues

“He remains fully committed to his teammates and will be remaining with the Eels until at least the end of the 2017 season, as per his current contract.”

Radradra’s older sister Vaseva Waqavatu told the Telegraph on Tuesday that she was looking forward to having her brother return to their home island and helping him work out his future.

“No, he has not made a decision yet,” Waqavatu said.

“He will be on the island later this week and is coming to talk to Dad and the rest of the family about that.”

Radradra is much admired in his home country and humbly posed for photographs and sign autographs for adoring fans at the gym where he trained on Monday and Tuesday.

Many locals made the trip to the gym to see the Kangaroos player in action.

The NRL declined to comment when asked about yesterday’s meeting with Christodoulou. It is understood that legal action and a long-term ban were among the NRL’s threats.

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Sep 25, 2012
Back in Auckland
https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/leagu...otection-order-against-parramatta-eels-winger

Getting real sick of these Sydney based dirt bags dragging the game through the mud.. If this is upheld the NRL should just ban him.

Why can't these guys sort their lives out? They get 10 times the resources and assistance than the rest of us.

Semi didn't make his flight back to Sydney yesterday either (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...atta-training-but-players-back-star-to-return). With potential charges hanging over his head - I suspect he may not return at all... (https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11665641)

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Oct 24, 2012
Man... You know, we as a fan base get it pretty bad supporting this ol club of ours - but holy fuck, it's just a giant shit sandwich for Parra fans.

Cap breach, Foran dramas, Semi dramas, losing Peats, etc etc etc. It just doesn't stop.

If the allegations are true, the NRL should ban him for a seriously extended period and most likely we'll never see him back in the game anyway.

Leaguegod

1st Grade Fringe
Aug 24, 2015
It is all the Eels fault, they promise all these players back door payments so they can fly under the cap and when the shit hits the fan they renege on their payments? how much would semi's manager got 'under the table' and if anyone says nothing then they are in lala land like Cappy. I say good on Semi he would have been promised more and now not getting it. Eels CHEATED, got caught and now crying cos one of their best has had enough! just ask Foran what's really going on!

Gizzyfan

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 2, 2013
It is all the Eels fault, they promise all these players back door payments so they can fly under the cap and when the shit hits the fan they renege on their payments? how much would semi's manager got 'under the table' and if anyone says nothing then they are in lala land like Cappy. I say good on Semi he would have been promised more and now not getting it. Eels CHEATED, got caught and now crying cos one of their best has had enough! just ask Foran what's really going on!

Sorry, but what does Cappy have to with this. I haven't heard anything that casts doubts on Cappy's integrity. That is totally separate from what you say about his Coaching.

Freddie Futler

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 10, 2013
Tauranga
NRL: Semi Radradra denies kicking partner when she was nine months pregnant
9:07 AM Thursday Jun 30, 2016
GettyImages-482115318_620x310.jpg

Eels star Semi Radradra. Photo / Getty
Semi Radradra has reportedly denied allegations he kicked his ex-partner in the stomach when she was nine months pregnant.

The NRL star had an interim apprehended domestic violence order taken out against him on Wednesday, after his former partner, Perina Ting, reported the claims to police on Tuesday night.

The incident is one of three alleged to have been committed between September 2014 and April 2015 by the Parramatta winger against Ting before the couple separated in February.

However Radradra's sister, Vaseva Waqavatu, said the Kangaroos representative was upset by claims which he said were false.

"He said it was all bulls**t and made-up stories we don't believe he could do something so common," Waqavatu told News Corp.

The matter is listed for Parramatta court on Tuesday, while Radradra is expected to be back in the country from Fiji by Friday to play against Cronulla the following night.

- AAP

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings