General Secret Auction Draft - Bonus Round Underway

Off The Bench

Warriors 1st Grader
Jan 26, 2014
Ughhh...

Dean bell - my favourite player as a youngster.
7 x challenge cup winner including 3 as captain - proven winner. There was an aura about him, with being based in England and coming back to the kiwis as captain!

Wrighty... I had a perfectly balanced team and you throw in this bonus round curve ball.
Fuzzy child hood memories or cold hard reality of watching Nigel Vagana both for the warriors
An the doggies ..?

• Haha
Reactions: wizards rage

wrighty

Bonus Round Results - let me know if any errors

PlayerContestantBid
Gordon TallisMr B$ 10,000
Ricky StuartCHCH$ 1,190,997
Danny BuderusWell Warrior$ 1,400,000
Todd CarneyOff Bench$ 1,448,000
Israel FolauNaumai$ 10,000
Gary FreemanHardyman$ 1,300,000
RTSBring Me$ 10,000
Greg InglisDefence$1,100,001
Wendall SailorPullin Teeth$200,000
Ian RobertsWizards$10,000

Congrats to all of you for getting a player.

Please
1) Update your team lists one last time.
2) Finalise who will be your starting 13. Try to do that sometime today or early tomorrow if possible.
3) Name your home town and coach. First in first served. Try not to replicate someone else's choice. If you are creative may also wish to come up with a descriptive name for your team.
4) Optional - you may wish to do a write up on your team.
5) When the above items 1-4 are complete to your satisfaction. Would you possibly, if not too much trouble, be able to make a post in this thread saying like "my team list is finalised and ready"?
When hear from everyone will make a poll thread and we will all vote on the best team that would win a world cup style tournament between our 10 fantasy teams. Anyone on the forum may also vote. Contestants MAY NOT vote for their own team. You must vote for another team. Would be good if all the contestants voted.

Cheers team.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Ughhh...

Dean bell - my favourite player as a youngster.
7 x challenge cup winner including 3 as captain - proven winner. There was an aura about him, with being based in England and coming back to the kiwis as captain!

Wrighty... I had a perfectly balanced team and you throw in this bonus round curve ball.
Woods gets a bad rap because he looks like a bit of a plodder- but still plods his way over the advantage line- he’s actually got good feet if u watch closely- was the sharks best forward this year.
If I was u ... it would be Roberts prop, wiki to center, vagana to the wing and trex the fark outta there.
(Although that kinda messes with the monster wing thing u got going on).

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Woods gets a bad rap because he looks like a bit of a plodder- but still plods his way over the advantage line- he’s actually got good feet if u watch closely- was the sharks best forward this year.
If I was u ... it would be Roberts prop, wiki to center, vagana to the wing and trex the fark outta there.
(Although that kinda messes with the monster wing thing u got going on).
Yeah Wiki to centre is a good call - as soon as you do that then you start channeling the Raiders 1994 side which I reckon was best of all time. Speaking of which, surely Kenny Nagas ahead of Blake Ferguson?

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Yeah Wiki to centre is a good call - as soon as you do that then you start channeling the Raiders 1994 side which I reckon was best of all time. Speaking of which, surely Kenny Nagas ahead of Blake Ferguson?

I’ve been wrestling with that.
Must admit when I wrote up a list of wingers I was interested in nagas was on it- fergo wasnt- in fact I only went for Ferguson (and Webb which backfired because I got both) as a cheap solution to fullback because I was starting to think wrighty had forgot about them (then they all come out at once in this round) anyway I digress... but when u look at it statistically... fergo has played twice as many nrl games as nagas (and still going), twice as many rep games and has scored twice as many tries so That’s hard to argue with.
Was tempted to go belcher last round for his combination with Kenny but couldn’t pass up inglis.

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
Btw very frustrating looking at Billyspleen75 bringmethehorizon bench- Lyons, lamb and Paul! Give me one of them! If it was a thing I’d swap u nagas for lamb - nothing against Robbie or cliffy (one of my all time favorites) but baa would be perfect in my side sniffing around the offloads of graham, geyer and nikau 🤩 .
Geez there’s some stacked teams looking at the lineups now.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
Btw very frustrating looking at Billyspleen75 bringmethehorizon bench- Lyons, lamb and Paul! Give me one of them! If it was a thing I’d swap u nagas for lamb - nothing against Robbie or cliffy (one of my all time favorites) but baa would be perfect in my side sniffing around the offloads of graham, geyer and nikau 🤩 .
Geez there’s some stacked teams looking at the lineups now.
The player I thought would be perfect for your team was Laurie Daley

Defence

Warriors 1st Grader
May 9, 2012
The player I thought would be perfect for your team was Laurie Daley
He was one on my radar if I could afford him...... but my number one target was 6 x premiership winner Kevin Walters- obviously to team up with Alf then I was hoping to jag one of the Walters brothers at hooker.
That’s why after the first J round I was hoping for K- kevie and kerrod come on down.

Mr Brownstone

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 9, 2014
He was one on my radar if I could afford him...... but my number one target was 6 x premiership winner Kevin Walters- obviously to team up with Alf then I was hoping to jag one of the Walters brothers at hooker.
That’s why after the first J round I was hoping for K- kevie and kerrod come on down.
I was dead keen on Steve and then if he didn’t show up then Kerrod as my hooker. Got impatient and ended up with Steve’s enemy Benny Elias, however it was starting to get late in the bidding.

Reactions: Defence

Stone

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Auckland
Just as an aside, I saw some of you cats chatting about Ian Roberts.

I've heard it face to face at various times from a few different players who played with & against Roberts during his career that the reason he went after Gary Jack was because Jack allegedly sledged him about his sexuality (which apparently was fairly well known behind closed doors within the comp at that time)

I was told Jack allegedly called Roberts a slur that sounds similar to "tag it"

So if that's actually the case ... Gary Jack got off lightly IMO.

I've also heard that Roberts allegedly bashed Marty Bella in the showers after a match during a Roo tour of GB for exactly the same reason.

Great game by the way wrighty ... it's been entertaining to watch/read ... I would've entered if I wasn't so busy ... maybe next time.

Last edited:

wrighty

Just as an aside, I saw some of you cats talking about Ian Roberts.

I've heard it face to face at various times from a few different players who played with & against Roberts during his career that the reason he went after Gary Jack was because Jack allegedly sledged him about his sexuality (which was fairly well known behind closed doors within the comp at that time)

I was told Jack allegedly called Roberts a name that sounds similar to "tag it"

So if that is actually the case ... Gary Jack got off lightly IMO.

I've also heard that Roberts allegedly bashed Marty Bella after a match in the showers during a Roo tour for exactly the same reason.

Great game by the way wrighty ... it's been entertaining to watch/read ... I would've entered if I wasn't so busy ... maybe next time.
Terrific thanks for jumping in with comments and the feedback :)
Maybe if you like vote in the poll thread for the best team when we set up...
Cheers

Reactions: Stone

wrighty

Perfect. Thanks Naumai and Defence. Appreciate the notification.
Incidentally Naumai enjoyed your note especially as remember when the expression brah first came out and was bewildered by it and the more hip members of my cricket team had to educate me on it !!! Good memories ...

wrighty

Can everyone write up something about their team and tomorrow I will put up a poll with your write up for voting 👍
Awesome sauce

When you put up the poll - maybe allow people 3 votes each, and remind them they can't vote for their own team? Just my thoughts...

Reactions: wizards rage

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings