General Second week in a row !!!

Magic Stick_old

we have lost our way in attack in the 2nd half.same thing last week against the bulldogs ...when cleary starts tinkering with ropati at standoff and then center

we dominated that 1st half with mannering and fai down the left side. fai owned folau

good win though.if only we had a good halfback we would of won by alot more

Skinny_Ravs82

I must say, while it was great seeing Hohaia getting ivolved alot today, I thought sometimes he seemed to mess things up by getting too involved if you know what I mean?

And why did he take Fien off? He wasn't exactly going badly?!

KeepingTheFaith_old

Didin't see a huge difference from first half to second half to be honest. I saw some tired/cold players in heavy fatigue inducing conditions, but that was about it. Truth be told I dn't think it wold make much of a difference what combination we have between Fien/Rovelli/Ropati/Witt - we're going to get a mixed bag from game to game.

waipiro_old

we have lost our way in attack in the 2nd half.same thing last week against the bulldogs ...when cleary starts tinkering with ropati at standoff and then center

we dominated that 1st half with mannering and fai down the left side. fai owned folau

good win though.if only we had a good halfback we would of won by alot more

Didnt think Ropati did anything wrong today and thought we muscled up and played well in the second half.
We just outplayed the Nrl reigning champs and made folau, Inglis and Smith into spectators....... Cleary and the Warriors deserve there accolades so no need to try and find negatives in that performance for mine

Magic Stick_old

there was no need to sub fai and fien

ropati throws the offense out of wack...i have no idea what cleary is trying to achieve
we would be better off with the u20's hooker on the bench

Northern_Union

Excluding Rovelli's kicking game which again was aimless and poor, Magic Stick, i thought he had a very good defensive game and a good passing game going today which is why i gave him a point in the MoM points today.

As most know if not a fan of Rovelli's and i believe cost us a few games early in the season but credit where it is due, he played well today....kicking not included.

Viking_old

Excluding Rovelli's kicking game which again was aimless and poor, Magic Stick, i thought he had a very good defensive game and a good passing game going today which is why i gave him a point in the MoM points today.

As most know if not a fan of Rovelli's and i believe cost us a few games early in the season but credit where it is due, he played well today....kicking not included.

He saved a try hanging on to a Storm player who almost broke the line with no defenders to beat. Huge difference in the kicking game though. Smith constantly found space.

Ropo had a good game and threatened the line constantly, seemed to be at left centre mostly. Fien had tackled his guts out, he needed a rest.

bigstuboy_old

i can not believe we won our attack was soo bad where is the direction close to the line thats it rovelli needs to be gone kicking was terrible on the last i watched the under 20s and there kicking game was way better

Iafeta_old

Frankly I think a lot of people are giving a massive disservice to the Melbourne Storm defence.

The only area our attack could have been better today was the kicking game inside the 20m zone. Otherwise we played very well and I think we should pay homage to that.

Kid-Dynamite_old

It wasn't the kind of game you judge attack on IMO!

That was the kinda game, with the conditions the way they were, and the importance it had in regard to our season, where heart, soul and desire could be judged!

In the 1st half we held the Melbourne Storm to 0 and let in a soft try in the 2nd half

Now to me, that performance showed me that this Warriors team is fair dinkum about this season, and it was shown quite simply in there desire to win!

There were mistakes, and it wasn't a perfect, attacking game, but what you can take from that game is that the Warriors are officially a threat in this competition! Because they proved today they have the passion and desire to win! And beat one of the leading contenders in the league! Sending a message, that season '08 is not over for the Mighty Warriors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Skinny_Ravs82

Defensively sound, bar Sika Manu's try which was a bit ordinary on defense...should have been stopped but he did have momentum there.

Kid-Dynamite_old

to be fair on henderson, he had made 50 tackles in the game.

Yea, he got a full game today didn't he!?

He's a gutsy defender and a great runner out of dummy half! He picks his times to run (catches the markers napping) and was un lucky not to get a try!

Along with Mannering he's been consistently one of our best this year!

Fazz_old

Maybe he wanted a better defender or fresh legs? That's all that comes to mind
Either way we just beat a (damn close to) FULL STRENGTH Storm. I'd say this is one time were everyone should just bask in that fact. Not to mention we kept them scoreless for near and hour.

Skinny_Ravs82

Yea, he got a full game today didn't he!?

He's a gutsy defender and a great runner out of dummy half! He picks his times to run (catches the markers napping) and was un lucky not to get a try!

Along with Mannering he's been consistently one of our best this year!
and he should have had a try too ;)

Jesbass_old

Frankly I think a lot of people are giving a massive disservice to the Melbourne Storm defence.

The only area our attack could have been better today was the kicking game inside the 20m zone. Otherwise we played very well and I think we should pay homage to that.

I think our kicking in general was less than desired - a number of dead balls, or kicks straight to the defenders - but that's not taking away from the players the simple reality that we just defeated a team that has dominated the sport in the last two years with an approximate win ratio of 80%!

kingdamo_old

I think our kicking in general was less than desired - a number of dead balls, or kicks straight to the defenders - but that's not taking away from the players the simple reality that we just defeated a team that has dominated the sport in the last two years with an approximate win ratio of 80%!

And only their sixth loss of the season.