Politics NZ Politics

Who will get your vote in this years election?

• National

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Labour

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Act

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Greens

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • NZ First

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Māori Party

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Other

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So, what do people think of the government's first 100 days?

I'd probably give them the lowest pass mark possible.

Yes, they have (rightly or wrongly) repelled some of the previous Government's laws but apart from more security for nurses, I can't really think of much that they've delivered except for promises that they're working on the bigger items (IMO, slashing department spending and some cancelled projects isn't delivery, it's just changing direction). I'm guessing, until money comes through in the first budget, there's not a lot they could do.

But, that's been the case after a change of government for decades. Big things take time, things we didn't like gotten rid off and blame the previous government for everything that's gone wrong. Wash, rinse and repeat, when in 2026 or 2029 or 2032 when Labour gets to form a government.

Bigger egos in the media.

Did he breach the act by give a direction to TVNZ? I don’t think he did but the biased article judges him guilty by ‘Asked if he had apologised to the Prime Minister for breaching the ACT".

Reporters like Jenna Lynch can go sobbing back to her Labour mates when she gets fired because the media bias has resulted in their current situation.
He breached the act absolutely. He's a shareholding minister.

The bias leaps out of your comments.

You obviously have no interest in people in power being held to account. You seem more intent on the outcome of some fake culture war than our democracy being dismantled before our eyes.

He breached the act absolutely. He's a shareholding minister.

The bias leaps out of your comments.

You obviously have no interest in people in power being held to account. You seem more intent on the outcome of some fake culture war than our democracy being dismantled before our eyes.
What instruction did he give them?

Otago University law professor Andrew Geddis:

"The term 'directions' isn't then specified in the Act. But it would be something like a minister perhaps writing to TVNZ or someone within TVNZ, saying, 'I want your programmes to look more like this'.”

He continued: "It probably needs to be something which is that formal and direct to really fall afoul of that legal prohibition."

Seems you know better… or is it your bias?

The issue here is the media commenting on stories about the media where they have a conflict of interest. That’s where you get bias!

Back