Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Here is my review. No Flames for this please. Please politely disagree if you have an alternative opinion. These are just my opinions and I am not an expert and am new to league.

1) Zyon Maiu’u for the two minutes he was out there did not look effective at bending the line. That said two minutes isn't very long and would need to have a second look at him. What I did see what was not encouraging. I felt sorry for him with his send off as he was over excited and had been looking forward to the game for months and he got carried away. Poor guy must feel terrible today. I hope the coaching staff are sympathetic to him.

2) Ford looked like an upgrade on 2023 Ford. Like the 6 million dollar man opening he was "Bigger. Stronger. Faster". You could see he was a first grader playing against NSW cup level opponents. He looked like a Penrith forward who they bring off the bench and plays really well for them. He looked in great nick. Most importantly he didn't give away a penalty which must be a first for him.

3) Ali L did some good things and some bad things. He and Setu Tu were terrible beyond belief in letting in the second tigers try. That was keystone cops stuff. But physically he is a super star. Needs more time in NSW cup. Berry gets picked over him in my judgement.

4) CHT I thought was brilliant at distributing and getting the ball to the outside backs. He did do a Naff kick that went out on the full but nailed everything else. Some real heart on defence.

5) Metcalf gets a half mark from me. There were some good things he did such as the under ball to Laban for the try and some decent positional and long kicking. However there was the following
1) He was part of the rabble that defended or failed to defend the second soft tigers try. I saw him amongst the middle of it gently pulling at someone's jersey and getting swatted aside.
2) He didn't really feed his outside backs and give Setu Tu or Ali L time and space to work with and failed to feed them much at all
3) There was the Freddy Lussick line break and Freddy with one man to beat dished the ball off to Metcalf but the pass wasn't quite right and Metcalf spilled it and the try went begging. This sort of near try and dropped pill with the try line begging always happens to Luke as he over runs the play and didn't stay behind Lussick. Metcalf accelerated before he caught the ball. This is an ongoing issue that happens again and again.

6) RTS looked like an elite centre

7) shout out to Taine at fullback. I thought he was defensively superb and must have saved at least three tries that Reece would have let in. A little CNK in the making. He is really growing on me. Let's resign him.

8) I though Ben Farr had a day to forget.

9) Tom Ale I thought was very poor and often made negative post contact metres just like last year at NRL level. He got manhandled a lot and thrown backwards behind the line of advantage. While Bunty had the best game I have seen from him in a long time and I would put Bunty in the 17. I think Bunty did enough.

10) Tanners Stowers Smith. Nearly. Maybe. Give him another year in NSW cup I think. He is nearly good enough for NRL but not quite. He unlike Tom Ale did bend the line. But not by enough to really sit up and take notice. I really liked his intent.

Overall all our forwards looked in top physical condition and looked like better Athletes than the West Tigers players
For them i thought Sezer and Ice showed very well.
Seriously mate, it's OK to have an opinion. You don't need to state you are "new to league" or ask people not to get angry. Noone is an expert, we all have differing opinions which is what makes it interesting to discuss things here.

Seriously mate, it's OK to have an opinion. You don't need to state you are "new to league" or ask people not to get angry. Noone is an expert, we all have differing opinions which is what makes it interesting to discuss things here.
It's because I got flamed yesterday on an Internet forum so that is fresh in my mind. Not up for being told off again any time soon. Sorry for pendulum swinging back too much the other way.

How good was it to see the sold-out crowd yesterday. Typically trials are played in front of small crowds even if they are at the main stadiums or big centres.

This week is also looking like a big crowd as well.

Shows the good vibes around the club.

It is also good for the younger guys to experience playing in front of a larger crowd, compared to what they get at NSW Cup. Small things like having to work on hearing the calls when there is more noise around the ground.

The judiciary charges are out for the weekends game.

No charges for any Wahs player. Zion free to play the next game!
Looks like they have only updated Saturday's games. Looks like 4 weeks for Zyon Maiu’u.

2) Ford looked like an upgrade on 2023 Ford. Like the 6 million dollar man opening he was "Bigger. Stronger. Faster". You could see he was a first grader playing against NSW cup level opponents. He looked like a Penrith forward who they bring off the bench and plays really well for them. He looked in great nick. Most importantly he didn't give away a penalty which must be a first for him.
Think Ford is still in front of him but was really impressed with Laban yesterday and think he’s hot on his heels. Thought Bunty was good with big minutes and thought Ale warmed into the game and got better.

9) Tom Ale I thought was very poor and often made negative post contact metres just like last year at NRL level. He got manhandled a lot and thrown backwards behind the line of advantage. While Bunty had the best game I have seen from him in a long time and I would put Bunty in the 17. I think Bunty did enough.
A valued review Wrighty Wrighty.
If the stats are correct then Ale made 82 PCM @ 5.5m per run & Bunty made 61 @ 4m per run. Ale went backwards at least once but overall he was strong in contact. Ale made 19m more in total yardage than Bunty in the same amount of carries even though Bunty had 4 kick returns to Ale's one. I thought both were good but Ale would be my pick ahead of Bunty for a bench role

I don't subscribe to the idea that red cards ruin games. I've seen Warriors games where we've actually played better after we've had a player sent off.

Why is it okay that a player from Team A makes a tackle which at best is careless on a player from Team B so they go off injured so it's pretty much Best 17 on Best 16 but, no, the crowd want to see 17 on 17 so we cannot have the player from Team A Sent Off?

I thought a Yellow was the minimum charge yesterday so not bothered about the send-off in particular but I wonder if the length of time that was taken with the Tigers player was a factor in the send-off decision. Which is a murky road to go down. What, so sitting down and gritting your teeth over a tackle that leads to a ruptured ACL gets a "On Report" warning but rolling and screaming over a stubbed finger and having two trainers come to fix you up is Send Off material?

The NRL try to use legal precedence as a guide to help their disciplinary actions be more objective.

There is no other fair system, so it is what it is, if you send a guy off on a trolley cart to hospital then it is viewed in the same light as the courts, you will get a harsher sentence than someone who does less damage to the victim.

A guy who gets trolleyed off who is faking is not allowed to return under the concussion protocols anyway, therefore mitigating the extent to which players will 'play too dead'.

Can I turn up this Saturday with my regular season tkts and get in and sit in allocated seat? Or was I supposed to do some pre order thing and get extra tkts sorted for the game?

A valued review Wrighty Wrighty.
If the stats are correct then Ale made 82 PCM @ 5.5m per run & Bunty made 61 @ 4m per run. Ale went backwards at least once but overall he was strong in contact. Ale made 19m more in total yardage than Bunty in the same amount of carries even though Bunty had 4 kick returns to Ale's one. I thought both were good but Ale would be my pick ahead of Bunty for a bench role
No It alls post resonated with me that Ale got into it as the game progressed and had better returns later

But let’s analyse that
If that’s true it means he struggled to make PCMs against Klemmer and the first graders and then got great stats against the NSW cup tigers when they came on the field

I suggest humbly we can’t use those stats to compare Bunty and Ale as they played against a different mix of players notwithstanding that they both started the game

According to my eyes Bunty outplayed Ale
But I could be wrong and I also concede Ale had a very good second stint

Can I turn up this Saturday with my regular season tkts and get in and sit in allocated seat? Or was I supposed to do some pre order thing and get extra tkts sorted for the game?
I think it's a seperate ticket.

Check "My Seats"

I clicked through to print the tickets out for Saturdays trial.

I can see a few people being confused at the gate at this one.

Last years free trial was just GA show your lanyard - this one is fully allocated seating

I think it's a seperate ticket.

Check "My Seats"

I clicked through to print the tickets out for Saturdays trial.

I can see a few people being confused at the gate at this one.

Last years free trial was just GA show your lanyard - this one is fully allocated seating
It may not be a seperate ticket TBH.

But you do have the option to print out seperate paper tickets for every game on your membership

Are we expecting AW's preferred round 1 top 18 or 19 to be named for this next trial and a further extended bench with some of the remaining next best?

SJ and DWZ to get 20m - 40m then put on ice?
I’m expecting top 17, unless there is a niggle or two. Then extended bench. Pretty sure it will be the top team for the first 40-50mins

Back