Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Yeah 💯 agree, however I was intentionally limiting it to young Kiwi boys. There’s a stack of other props that I’d chase well ahead of Hunt & BHU. No idea who could potentially break a contract early, however clubs are always looking to shuffle the deck chairs to fix a problem.
Are any of those Australian prospects off contract for 2025?

I guess I more see the contract breaking thing happen for a promising player if we were talking a player swap. Any other prop who a team just decides to release early from their contract, except for compassionate reasons, can't be either high impact or high potential or that good for locker room dynamics.

We do have some trading material. CHT/TMM/Metcalf are all very different halves but probably about the same for impact and ability, there is no clear pecking order between them. We could trade one of them for a high potential prop and just make do with Walker at half if we two half injuries. Pompey is also trade material as well as he is far too good to be stuck in NSW cup. However having said that given a couple of injuries we will be thrilled to have him as depth.

Wouldn't this game be the perfect opportunity for Walker and Jazz to have a chat to Willison and get in his ear about coming to the Warriors.
If we're seriously throwing $750k at BHU I'd have Jazz in his ear saying that if he can get out of his contract well give him $600k from next year. Saves some money and gets us a better player than BHU.

I'd be keen on Trey Mooney too, seems like he has a really tough edge about him, however I do think he's a smaller prop so would need another big body with him. I think him and Willison would compliment each other really well

Wouldn't this game be the perfect opportunity for Walker and Jazz to have a chat to Willison and get in his ear about coming to the Warriors.
If we're seriously throwing $750k at BHU I'd have Jazz in his ear saying that if he can get out of his contract well give him $600k from next year. Saves some money and gets us a better player than BHU.

I'd be keen on Trey Mooney too, seems like he has a really tough edge about him, however I do think he's a smaller prop so would need another big body with him. I think him and Willison would compliment each other really well
Willison is a future superstar, just needs a decent run without injuries.

Willison is a future superstar, just needs a decent run without injuries. his dimensions are 1st class, seems to have a motor, desire and
His physical dimensions are first class, has a motor and passes the eye test. This is who I would prefer to throw dollars at to fill the huge void of AFB leaving. Brisbane have a surfeit of quality front rowers presently as well, who knows if he would come over but I feel a big offer would ultimately bear significant fruit and absolutely worth the shot.

Last edited:
His physical dimensions are first class, has a motor and well passes the eye test, this is who I would prefer to throw dollars at to fill the huge void of AFB leaving. Brisbane have a surfeit of quality front rowers presently as well, who knows if he would come over but I feel a big offer would bear significant fruit and absolutely worth the shot.
I’d be happy to try what we attempted with Tino a few years back, offer him big coin.

His physical dimensions are first class, has a motor and well passes the eye test, this is who I would prefer to throw dollars at to fill the huge void of AFB leaving. Brisbane have a surfeit of quality front rowers presently as well, who knows if he would come over but I feel a big offer would bear significant fruit and absolutely worth the shot.
They have to lose at least two right? They can’t hold Haas, Carriagan, Willison and TeKura. Especially with an expensive spine.

All you need is one Payne Haas out of 50 attempts of this body shape, of course not everyone has the engine to go with this. You can build your club around this.
Target 20 of them from around the country and fly them in for a 2 week holiday prop training camp. Show them what your looking for, load them up with merch and send them back to club comps keeping tabs on them. Surely that wouldn't be too difficult.