Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Thanks you blokes who are posting intel, much appreciated, the more the better.

Another point I think that is often overlooked is the high priced keepers in your team.

I'll start with either Cleary or Hynes (2 most expenny players). Realistically, they will have a shit week here and there, and as their value is so high that after one or two average scores they will start to lose value and drop money.

For me, the aim of the game is to get to your final 17 players (750k +) as quick as possible, so you don't trade those key players out unless there's a significant reason - remember it will cost you 2 trades, one to get them out of your team and one to trade them back in, so you really have to be getting a huge advantage to burn those 2 trades.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. What usually happens during those rounds where there are only 4 games and half the teams have a bye? Do you just have to forfeit some of the positions for that week if you can't manage to field full a 17?
For the rounds where half the teams are out you only have to have 13 players. But even getting 13 players into your squad is very tough.

Another point I think that is often overlooked is the high priced keepers in your team.

I'll start with either Cleary or Hynes (2 most expenny players). Realistically, they will have a shit week here and there, and as their value is so high that after one or two average scores they will start to lose value and drop money.

For me, the aim of the game is to get to your final 17 players (750k +) as quick as possible, so you don't trade those key players out unless there's a significant reason - remember it will cost you 2 trades, one to get them out of your team and one to trade them back in, so you really have to be getting a huge advantage to burn those 2 trades.
These are some pro tips here. I value a trade at $100k. So if a guy like Cleary stays in your team all season you haven’t used any trades on him so it’s kind of like him having $200k in value. If that makes sense?

I didn't start with Haas and Cleary last year thinking they would drop money and I ended up chasing my tail the whole year - not making that mistake again.

Two more tips.
The game is less secretive than you think. Ask questions, most people who play a lot are happy to talk about it and there’s never really anything that’s going to give you a massive advantage that’s worth keeping a secret.
There is a big difference between a good NRL player and a good NRL fantasy player. If you see a gun player like Kikau and notice his price is quite low, it doesn’t mean he has value. He’s just not a prolific scorer in fantasy. Where as someone like Cartwright who’s not even a guaranteed starter scores really well.

Thanks Fizurg Fizurg

My final question for now (and this applies to Supercoach as well) is for your reserves bench it doesn't matter who you have on the bench if they are going to be your best pointscorers? For example two wingers, a hooker and a halfback?

Thanks @Fizburg

My final question for now (and this applies to Supercoach as well) is for your reserves bench it doesn't matter who you have on the bench if they are going to be your best pointscorers? For example two wingers, a hooker and a halfback?
Can only say for Fantasy but you just put the four players you expect to score best in position 14-17. (Setting your bench can actually get quite complicated but don’t worry about that yet)

Fizurg Fizurg or an expert

How does one run out of trades if you get two trades per round for the initial rounds and 4 trades per round for the rest
Can’t you just wait for the next round for your fresh trades?
Does my question make sense ?

How does one run out of trades if you get two trades per round for the initial rounds and 4 trades per round for the rest

If you use 2 trades a week you usually run out after 16 or so rounds (not quite sure how many trades there are these days). Also, they give you the option of using a few more trades for the bye rounds, around 4 I think?

For those playing overall, they want to use those trades to make sure they have lots of players playing the bye rounds to maximise their points. If you're playing h2h I wouldnt bother using those extra trades unless you have to seriously overhaul your team. But I would say try to plan it so you have 3-6 trades for the final few rounds as most players have run out at that point,so those h2h turn in to easy victories if you can field a full team and they can only field 14 or 15

I’m pretty sure you start with 36 trades and get another 8 trades around round 20? So 44 in total. It’s very easy to burn your trades early and even very good players struggle with this sometimes.

Also the head to head regular season runs from round 1 to round 22 usually. Then round 23-26 are the head to head finals which run just like the NRL finals. The last round usually isn’t played in head to head comps but still applies for overall .

Also origin games and finals games don’t count.

So hows everyones teams going?

Following advice ive picked half a dozen cheapies, problem is im not even sure if they'll even get on the park......thats potentially zero points im looking at.......is that normal? The risk you take in the hope a few of them hit big and you can uptrade for a cash cow?

So hows everyones teams going?

Following advice ive picked half a dozen cheapies, problem is im not even sure if they'll even get on the park......thats potentially zero points im looking at.......is that normal? The risk you take in the hope a few of them hit big and you can uptrade for a cash cow?

Ideally you want all your cashies getting minutes and making money.

It'll become clearer who to pick after the trials.

How’s the teamlists going to work with first round being over 2 weekends? Can you make changes to your team in the first round without burning trades? Bit confused how to ensure cash cows will play

How’s the teamlists going to work with first round being over 2 weekends? Can you make changes to your team in the first round without burning trades? Bit confused how to ensure cash cows will play
Its split so the Vegas game players will be locked when they play so you’ll need to be sure they’re playing