Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

Easy as that, been playing for like 15 years haha hit me up if yall got any questions
Yes please

Can you please make a post - without giving away your secrets - on in general why a contestant should make trades and when trading is a good idea?

Contestant sign up sheet

1 Wrighty - Organiser
2 Bamgbros
3 Crump
4 Worriers
5 Francis
6 Blain
7 Warriorsfan92 (Commissioner)
8 OzWarrior
9 Completion Rate
10 Kiwi in Tasmania

Yes please

Can you please make a post - without giving away your secrets - on in general why a contestant should make trades and when trading is a good idea?
This is for overall yeah? Where we play for the full season, and trade our way up? There’s two modes, overall and draft.

This is for overall yeah? Where we play for the full season, and trade our way up? There’s two modes, overall and draft.
Yes for overall, Not Draft. Hopefully the settings you chose reflected that ?
I think from reading the rules it is two trades per week for the first X weeks (I think 8 weeks) and then 4 trades per week for the rest of the contest.

I think from reading the rules it is two trades per week for the first X weeks (I think 8 weeks) and then 4 trades per week for the rest of the contest.
I have played in the past and the main point of trades are to invest in cheap players with the hope that they increase in price. Where you can then trade for another cheap player and make a profit and buy more expensive players. Also there for injuries

Ok.
- the aim of the game is to chose players you believe are under valued. It’s like stocks, sell them high buy them low.
- players are value buys for a number of reasons (changed teams with increased role, changed to a better team, had an injury affected year, a player has left and they are looking at a start etc etc. players that spring to mind are Shaun lane, papenheyzun, Jayden Campbell, Piakura etc.
- players have a break even linked to their price, eg a player that is priced at 400k has a break even of 30 approx. if they score more than that, their price goes up. If not, it goes down.
- the aim is to ride these cheaper, value players to make enough money so by the end of the year you have an increased salary cap to spend on proven players (haas, Cleary, grant)
- there’s a few resources to to do research, or just choose players you want to watch. If you want to do well, it does take a little bit of work to keep an eye on team lists etc.
- there’s 3 key player types. Cash cows (players that make you a lot of money), value picks (underpriced value players that make a little bit of money but also produce decent scores), and guns (guaranteed* good scorers).
- your starting team should reflect this. 5-6 cash cows or cashies, 4-5 guns & the remaining as value buys.
- trades are like gold. Use them when necessary. Trade early if you’ve made a mistake but don’t just trade for the sake of it as they run out quickly and will quickly propel you up the ranks vs someone who’s run out of trades and can’t trade out an injured or suspended player.
- byes are a bitch, but don’t worry about them for now, I think the first is round 13.
- your starting 17 is the only scoring players
- so your starting 17 should be pretty decent, with the other 4 players used as cash cows that increase in value & then you sell them on with the banked money to upgrade elsewhere.

That’s the nuts and bolts of it, if I think of anything else I’m add it

Some good value byes this year: Wong (if he starts) lane, Piakura, whichever eels hooker starts, tatola, cotter, blore (if starts at storm), Curran :(, Fogarty, papi, Campbell, Flanagan, schuster maybe, Liam knight

Guns are obvious, hynes Cleary haas grant Moses ponga

Cash cows, whoever gets the 6, 9 and 1 at raiders. Sam Hughes maybe. It’s a bit unknown until trials. Basically any under 300k player that is looking at a decent role is considered a cash cow. Anyone under 300k starting is an auto pick.

Balance your squad out so it’s a combo of scoring well early but also being on the cashies to increase your salary cap and continue to upgrade players throughout the year.

Ok.
- the aim of the game is to chose players you believe are under valued. It’s like stocks, sell them high buy them low.
- players are value buys for a number of reasons (changed teams with increased role, changed to a better team, had an injury affected year, a player has left and they are looking at a start etc etc. players that spring to mind are Shaun lane, papenheyzun, Jayden Campbell, Piakura etc.
- players have a break even linked to their price, eg a player that is priced at 400k has a break even of 30 approx. if they score more than that, their price goes up. If not, it goes down.
- the aim is to ride these cheaper, value players to make enough money so by the end of the year you have an increased salary cap to spend on proven players (haas, Cleary, grant)
- there’s a few resources to to do research, or just choose players you want to watch. If you want to do well, it does take a little bit of work to keep an eye on team lists etc.
- there’s 3 key player types. Cash cows (players that make you a lot of money), value picks (underpriced value players that make a little bit of money but also produce decent scores), and guns (guaranteed* good scorers).
- your starting team should reflect this. 5-6 cash cows or cashies, 4-5 guns & the remaining as value buys.
- trades are like gold. Use them when necessary. Trade early if you’ve made a mistake but don’t just trade for the sake of it as they run out quickly and will quickly propel you up the ranks vs someone who’s run out of trades and can’t trade out an injured or suspended player.
- byes are a bitch, but don’t worry about them for now, I think the first is round 13.
- your starting 17 is the only scoring players
- so your starting 17 should be pretty decent, with the other 4 players used as cash cows that increase in value & then you sell them on with the banked money to upgrade elsewhere.

That’s the nuts and bolts of it, if I think of anything else I’m add it
That is brilliant - It is my first time playing so I needed to read all of that. I really really appreciate you sharing that Warriorsfan92

That is brilliant - It is my first time playing so I needed to read all of that. I really really appreciate you sharing that Warriorsfan92
No prob. If I think of anything else I’ll comment it. Feel free to run players past me & I can give feedback. You’ll improve quickly

Reactions: j_p
No prob. If I think of anything else I’ll comment it. Feel free to run players past me & I can give feedback. You’ll improve quickly
Question for you - I have picked my team today and may make some tweaks to it in the coming weeks based on your advice posted above.

My initial question is that I ran out of money after 19 picks so for picks 20 and 21 had to go really bargain basement just to get a complete team. Is it normal to run out of money as you get towards the end of emergency four players?

1 Wrighty - Organiser
2 Crump
3 Worriers
4 Francis
5 Blain
6 Warriorsfan92 (Commissioner)
7 OzWarrior
8 Completion Rate
9 Bring in the bulls
10 Jonno13
11 Sballer7

Question for you - I have picked my team today and may make some tweaks to it in the coming weeks based on your advice posted above.

My initial question is that I ran out of money after 19 picks so for picks 20 and 21 had to go really bargain basement just to get a complete team. Is it normal to run out of money as you get towards the end of emergency four players?
Well You should have 5-6 players around 350k or less. They might be starters or in your 18-21 non scoring positions. Let me link an article. These guys are good. Check out their website. Obviously it depends how deep you want to go.