General Season 2010

Fazz_old

Just came on to post that...they're loving the warriors at the moment...and actaully talking us up rather then saying how shit the broncos were :D

Spence_old

Tallis is on the Toyota Cup footage at the moment, and though he can barely speak coherently (he called James Malonely), he said we've got the best bench in the comp, and was generally jizzing over us.

I love it when Aussie's talk us up. I don't know why I feel that we have to prove something to them, but I do get a feeling of satisfaction when they jizz all over us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spence_old

Just came on to post that...they're loving the warriors at the moment...and actaully talking us up rather then saying how shit the broncos were :D

I know, it's awesome! Even NRL.com.au admitted we played well, rather than the Bronco's sucking. :clap2:

Jesbass_old

Just on 2010, would you say with our hardcore injury toll, taking into account where we end up on the ladder, that Cleary has put in a "Coach Of The Year" performance. I believed he's being doing a good job for a while, however has it been good enough for an award? Which coach has done a better job than Cleary? There was a point where we couldn't win without Price & with half the 1st grade team out for a fair portion of the season has Cleary pulled off an award winning performance?

Most improved, properly, but not sure about best coach.

Iafeta_old

One other point - the Warriors are heavily criticised for their attack. As it stands,only PEnrith and South Sydney have scored more points than us. Manly and the Roosters are likely to overtake us, but we're still right up there with the best teams attack wise in the comp. It points to it being overly basic but effective. I must say I was extremely impressed that we had some depth in our wide spreads against Brisbane, if we can just get our alignment right then there's a chance for Buster to hit long cut out balls to give our backline a lot of time and space.

seb, I dare say Wayne Bennett must be looking down the barrel of coach of the year. I said a few weeks ago that Brian Smith deserves consideration given he's taken the wooden spooners to a high position on the table. The Roosters have since slipped and the Warriors have risen from largely the same position. Bare in mind Cleary has had a massive injury front to contend with basically the entire season. If he was coaching a Sydney based club I dare say he'd get the coach of the year title. Nonetheless, it's been a stunning performance from this club, and the really good sign for us long term is we are likely to win the club premiership. To me, this shows that both grades are working extremely well and that if we can strategically link the pathway from U20 to first grade to its optimum level that the times ahead are very, very good. My opinion on this is that the likes of Wayne Scurrah and Dean Bell deserve enormous recognition also, and I'm sure I'll cop some criticism for this comment, but I recall a certain John Hart being lambasted last year for his involvement with the club and his unbelievably stoic support of Ivan Cleary and his systems... I would say John Hart was right on the money. I said last year in response to some of the criticisms of Hart that he was in his own right an extremely successful coach and mentor, and a very successful executive businessman. More often than not those credentials would point to a bloke who knows a thing or two about appraising a coach and finding a strategic path for the football team going forward.

sebastian_old

Bennett & Smith will most likely battle it out for the award, although between those 2, Smith has prob done more for the Roosters than Bennett for the Dragons. However, unlikely as it is if we could sneak past the Roosters even though they have the Cowboys (A thrashing) in waiting I really think Cleary would have the legitimate claim as Smith had pretty good stock to work with where in some areas Cleary has had to create good stock.

Kaiaua krusher_old

I heard Farleigh being interviewed the other day and his pick for POY were Manu, Lance and Sam.

Jeez we are good judges - look at our POY table.

kiwi's 13-6_old

costigan reads these boards, ok costo start comentating instead of slinging together prerehersed cliche's, work on smothing out the tone of that screeching voice, stop bagging on the warriors all the time and read a couple of books about new zealand rugby league and people wouldnt hate you so much!

well done ivan thought you had a shocker last year particularly in player recruitment and retentsion department. but youve learned from it still need to improve in regards to being to flat especially for the storm game in melbourne seemed to casual in approach to that game when it was obvious it was going to be emotional! but you get to have a job next year if you want the gig longer than that win a premiership an it yours for 5 years at least!

Kabba_old

The Sydney media definitely read The Kennel (Dogs forum) so it's not unlikely that the NZ media do the same.

Spence_old

The Sydney media definitely read The Kennel (Dogs forum) so it's not unlikely that the NZ media do the same.

Difference is that Vodafone One Tribe is the official forum, perhaps. This is the more bad ass, rebel twin brother.

Kabba_old

Difference is that Vodafone One Tribe is the official forum, perhaps. This is the more bad ass, rebel twin brother.

The Kennel is not the official Bulldogs forum either, and there is the BDP too and another forum called Blue & White or something similar. The Kennel is full of a lot of crap anyway, so journalists have to do a lot of sifting.

Jesbass_old

costigan reads these boards, ok costo start comentating instead of slinging together prerehersed cliche's, work on smothing out the tone of that screeching voice, stop bagging on the warriors all the time and read a couple of books about new zealand rugby league and people wouldnt hate you so much!

well done ivan thought you had a shocker last year particularly in player recruitment and retentsion department. but youve learned from it still need to improve in regards to being to flat especially for the storm game in melbourne seemed to casual in approach to that game when it was obvious it was going to be emotional! but you get to have a job next year if you want the gig longer than that win a premiership an it yours for 5 years at least!

Love it. It reminds me of one of the key rules in business: propagate the myth.

BringBackRovelli_old

I wouldn't think the players, officials or commentators use this forum, they probably go for the One Tribe stuff. This one has a lot more quality, not so busy though.

Magic Stick_old

One Tribe is a dump full of muppets....this forum is one of the better forums arounds