General Scurrah leaving - replaced by Jim Doyle

Jordan G

Mole says Warriors still interested in Matai, Matai would take deal, Manly the stumbling block.

Gould on Doyle.
I am extremely disappointed Jim Doyle has this week announced he will soon be vacating his position at the NRL. I regard this as a huge loss to the game. My disappointment is tempered somewhat by the news he is taking up the position as CEO of the New Zealand Warriors. It is great he will still be involved in league and his recruitment by the Warriors is a great move by that club. Mark my words, Doyle will be the making of the Warriors. In his time with the NRL, he has been outstanding and has already made a great contribution to the game. I just wished he was hanging around long enough to implement some of the plans he has been working on for the past year. Doyle carried no baggage from the game’s past and he was a fresh set of eyes on the major issues affecting the game. He will be hard to replace.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league...e-way-ahead-20140603-zrwd2.html#ixzz33cSS4iBS

The more and more I hear about Doyle, the improvements he made at NZRL and his time at the NRL and his business background, I think he has an abundance of knowledge about the sport and a league organisation plus a business background to drive the club forward.

First order of business, find a role within in the club for one Steven Price (no, not the one recently fired from the Dragons!!!).
Second order of business, combine two of his arrears of business into a new jersey with a built-in GPS system and use his marketing background to sell it to the public!!!

The more and more I hear about Doyle, the improvements he made at NZRL and his time at the NRL and his business background, I think he has an abundance of knowledge about the sport and a league organisation plus a business background to drive the club forward.

First order of business, find a role within in the club for one Steven Price (no, not the one recently fired from the Dragons!!!).
Second order of business, combine two of his arrears of business into a new jersey with a built-in GPS system and use his marketing background to sell it to the public!!!
Brilliant.
The Navman Jersey.

Third Order of Business Mad Butchers sausages....with Konrads face on the meat packet......ok ok...gone too far that time....no homo.

Yes to Price.
and yeah Doyles about the best person bar no one to run the Warriors. If he can sort out those nepotists and pokey machine crooks at NZRL HQ there won't be any culture problems at the Warriors.

I was sad on Jim Doyle when he left......NZ needed him more than the NRL......unreal how all the cards are falling together......fast.

Would love to see Steve Price involved with the club. There is just something about him that gets respect from people.

From what I have read and heard about Mr Doyle, it could be very interesting where he can take this club. Maybe he is the one to make this the "biggest sporting franchise in Australasia"

Only question I have is, Can he drive a bus?

I used to be a hard out fan for Price as a CEO, but I started having doubts, and anyway, Doyle is far preferable imo. What role do those of us who want him in the Front Office envision for him? Something specific, rather than 'I don't care, I just want him involved".

I used to be a hard out fan for Price as a CEO, but I started having doubts, and anyway, Doyle is far preferable imo. What role do those of us who want him in the Front Office envision for him? Something specific, rather than 'I don't care, I just want him involved".
I never expected him to be CEO, but really have no idea what role he could have. He is just so well regarded and respected in rugby league it would be a shame not to piggy back off that. Could he help bring in top players here?

Is Dean Bell safe with the restructure?

Reactions: Mr Frank White
He should work with Dean Bell as the face of the club for prospective players, Bell can wander around the functions talking to the agents and managers while Pricey sweet talks the players and the guys with the wallets burning a hole in their pocket.

Well since he upgraded the NRL Salary cap I imagine he will Audit all of Deans recruitment decisions and documentation, I imagine that use of Third Party agreements and the clubs cap management will come directly under Doyle,

Since he over saw the ASADA and integrity issues I imagine he will implement very clear guidelines about the Culture of the CLub....use of social media and so forth.

I guess with his clean up of the NZRL there will be an Audit by Mr Doyle of the Warriors and the broom will sweep clean.

Thereafter Day to day opera tions should be pretty straight forward for Doyle who will streamline any wasted resources at the Warriors and make sure people Like Bell are not operating too many roles.

Probably the outcome of that will be a restructure of recruitment and Overall directorship of footballing operations / Director of coaching etc.

When all thats done , Jim and Eric get out the Stogies

" So Jim what do you think "

" If ye theeink Deano's yourrrre Mon....t' be fairrrrr I also No a Bloke who knows a Bloke who no's a wee thing or two a'boot foot'ball "
:cigar:

Last edited: