Internationals SCOTLAND RLWC 2013 Campaign

The Scotish spine is REALLY solid, Henderson, Brough, Wallace, Russell...3 or 4 other high quality players like Douglas, Linnett, ect...they will need to tighten up defensively and the wings and centres need to come up and help the forwards. there are several things that really impressed me about the Scotts. the halves combo was great, especially considering they have never played together and only meet two weeks ago. Brough is legit. Hendo's dummy runs, wow. Russel is underrated at fb imo. the forwards matched and even out played the Tongan pack for maybe 50 or 60 minutes. look out Italy.

KPWarrior

Contributor
Didn't get to see the game, followed the whole thing via twitter updates (of all places), even that was pretty heart stopping stuff...... best game I've never seen!

Massive result for Scotland though, I didn't think they'd be the easybeats they were being made out to be, there's a fair few FG games in that halves pairing, which by all accounts was a defining factor, and a couple of handy NRL players, I expected them to be fairly competitive but I wouldn't have picked that result looking at the Tongan line up. That is HUGE for Scotland!....... Stoked with the win, but I know that wasn't the 'real' Tonga, they'll be back with a vengeance!....... just glad it'll be against someone else.

Reactions: Sup42
Watched the full game last night, shit Scotland and Danny Brough did alright. Speed, kicking and determination. Hard luck Tonga and Moi Moi - a disaster season for Parra and a first up loss to Scotland, he must be thinking the league gods are having a joke!

Italy beat England in a warm up.

Scotland drew with Italy

Anything is possible. For all the Kiwi fans super confidence , their history is marked by shock episodes of being capable of over whelming under performance.

I don't see why if the Weather is appalling if the Ref lets Scotland play to a shared tackle count and possession that Scotland couldn't dig in and trouble NZ.

If the players think all they have to do is rehearse the Lyrics to the new Haka sing the Anthem and say something insightful in the post match.......before the ball is kicked off......then we all know where that gets NZ teams.

Scotland will fancy their chances if they are within twelve of NZ after the first half onslaught NZ dish out.

Secound halves they are gettable.

haha Scotland to win, I',m sorry but NZ will blow them off the field and then some, maybe 10 odd years ago the Scots might of had a chance, but this Kiwi team is to powerful to be pushed aside by a minnows team, Scotland just don't have the caliber of players like SBW, Foran and a forward pack that will just steamroll over the likes of Wallace and Henderson...

Reactions: mode81 and OMG

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
haha Scotland to win, I',m sorry but NZ will blow them off the field and then some, maybe 10 odd years ago the Scots might of had a chance, but this Kiwi team is to powerful to be pushed aside by a minnows team, Scotland just don't have the caliber of players like SBW, Foran and a forward pack that will just steamroll over the likes of Wallace and Henderson...
I reckon the Kiwis will rip them a new one. This is the business end of the comp now. This is the time where Kearney and Cleary will be finalising and strengthening their main combos and honing their game plan. Even with the Scots I think we wont see the real top 17.

If anyone thinks different then Id be keen to wager a Scotland jersey or a Kiwi one for the winner.

Anyone?

Thought so...

Reactions: OMG and Weno
It's a pertinent point to remember - we still haven't played our top side yet. I honestly think that if our top side had played, we would probably have won every game so far by an even greater margin, possibly far greater.

Scotland have done admirably well so far, but I'd wager that they are walking into an absolute smashing. The Kiwis will want to send a message to the rest of the comp.