General Schoolboy signings

MJ-_old

Looking at both NYC and NRL teams on the weekend, it got me thinking. The union scouting from the Warriors has been a revelation!

Konrad Hurrell was outstanding for the top side, and lets not forget that was only his 4th or 5th game in top grade, he was the difference between the sides. Not bad for about his 30th game in rugby league and a 20 year old kid. I can't wait to see him 5 years down the track.

Albert Vete made 180m in his 5th game in League off the bench for the Juniors. He has been awesome and his offloads are looking beaut as well. NRL potential.

Ngataua Hukatai keeps scoring tries and making metres, looks lightning fast.

Ngani Laumape has been absolutely outstanding. Another one in the Hurrell mould, bumps off players left right and centre and is a try scoring machine. Definite first grade potential, and believe it or not we got the kid from Palmerston North.

This club has got a very bright future and the union scouts have been doing a fine job for our club!

surfin_old

I think in someways the jobs made easier by the fact it's also pretty glamourous for a teenager to be going to aussie every couple of weeks as well as being on tv. Plus the added bonus of the gear perks etc.

Matrix_old

I heard some upset union guy on radio sport just last week moaning that the Warriors had recently signed another 3 or so top class 1st 15 rugby players
I can't remember their names does anyone have anymore info as to who they are?
I think one may have been from the Nth shore

bin fishin_old

I think in someways the jobs made easier by the fact it's also pretty glamourous for a teenager to be going to aussie every couple of weeks as well as being on tv. Plus the added bonus of the gear perks etc.

Warriors set up the young guys a future outside of Footy!
..Hugh McGahnn was talking about it on radio sport.
..his son left rugby to play for the storm NYC

Warrior Nation_old

His son is pretty good aswell, plays five eigth or loose forward.

I can understand the exodus of young rugga players to try and make it in the NYC and if they are willing and good enough then good on them. The players mentioned in the first post have been good but are still learning so will be interesting to see where they are next season good luck to them!!

surfin_old

That is the first rule of making the squad they must be at school or doing some sort of skill/trade training.

playdaball_old

The Storm have signed a number of 1st XV boys from Akld schools over past 2 years. That'll continue as I know of 2 more who have signed to play next year. Some of these boys are ex RL boys who played RU at school and are returning back to their 'roots' ... not all though i.e. Konrad, Omar etc