Internationals SAMOA Four Nations Campaign

matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
I believe I read somewhere that Australia have decided they want a break from internationals this time next year. If there is something it will probably be NZ in the northern hemisphere with a rumoured return of a GB test series. So Samoa are going to have the momentum stifled if that is the case but I really do think Oz may have a real struggle with them next week.

If Aus want to sit it out id be more than happy for Samoa to take their place in the NH version. Might show them the game doesnt revolve around them

Reactions: 4 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
If Aus want to sit it out id be more than happy for Samoa to take their place in the NH version. Might show them the game doesnt revolve around them
Id be keen to do that but stage the whole thing in Australia. Add in Tonga and PNG. Aussies would go ape shit!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

Is that true? Is the problem that he officially changed allegiances to Australia? I remember Feleti Mateo doing that with Tonga. I know International eligibility is a joke but I thought you actually had to play for a nation. Same deal as James Tamou being named 18th man for the Kiwis then 8 months later becoming Aussie Jim...
I'm unsure what's he's done, but if Australia/QLD were smart, they'd of not touched Milford this year and just let him play for Samoa in the 4 Nations so he could get big game experience, and then when they did select him, they'd be better for it. It was obvious to me that Milford was probably a year or two away from Origin or Australian standard, but they still selected him anyway

Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

Just been announced Gerard Sutton is playing for Australia V Samoa.

I can't be fucked wasting MYSKY disc space on it....might save the space for a Rocky Movie and cheer on his opponent.

Last edited:
mode81

mode81

I reckon the Kangaroos are ripe for the taking... very unconvincing looking team just don't believe their hype and take it to them.

Like any team Ozzy love to counter attack but they don't enjoy the physicality aspect.. Samoa can literally but intelligently bash them into submission..

As a team they've shown they can more then compete.. repeat sets, completions, passion and determination they've got all the tools, just little individual moments costing them near the end of games.. get those chinks sorted bit more composure and this team can pull off an almighty upset!

Fa'alogo and Pritchard have a genuine chance to become legends for their nation if they can inspire and help lead Samoa to victory in this game.

Samoa almost defeated both England and The Kiwis.. If they beat Ozzy it will truly shock the league fraternity and shake the foundations of the game!

The other side to this will be the Samoan's have drained themselves from the Kiwis match ,the Ozzies have gained match fitness while playing lackluster but will be too ruthless and clean the Samoan's up.. I hope not.

Reactions: 2 users
runituptheguts

runituptheguts

I'm hoping kiwis beat England first, and I'm pretty sure we'll see the toa boys step up another level to try make the finals.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
TOA

snake77

snake77

This time last year the Samoans were an unorganized mess remember they named too many players for the World Cup. Then one of their government ministers didn't want to give them too much money like they were an embarrassment.

Good to see them getting a lot of praise this year their performances in this tournament deserve it.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I reckon the Kangaroos are ripe for the taking... very unconvincing looking team just don't believe their hype and take it to them.

The second time an aussie gets buried in a tackle they’ll find a penalty for it, samoa will need a sensational defensive effort on their own line to keep this one close.

Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

Show us the money

Josh McGuire has called on the NRL to pay equally all of its players involved in international series. The Brisbane star, who rejoined the Samoans after missing Australia selection, left no doubt that money now plays a big part in international sport. "It's hard – a lot of people have family and kids and they've got to feed them," McGuire said. "The difference is they [the Kangaroos] get $30,000 [a game] and we get [hardly] anything. Our boys are playing because they love the game and they love representing their country. The boys go across to those bigger countries because they get paid well. If the pay was the same across the board, you'd probably see a lot of fellas stay for those developing countries and you'd get an even comp."

Josh+McGuire+Isaac+Liu+Four+Nations+England+mzHVhQ9MzsCl.jpg

Sup42

Sup42

Good on you Josh.

Samoa needs it's stars. If Williams had of stayed in League I would very much have wanted to see him play for Toa at Six.

Daniel V'dough has come home to roost after chopping and changing, B.J is another genuine high quality player that makes Toa lift.

Shame Suia has played his one stop Samoa test.

Sugar Ray

Sugar Ray

885941_591189977652325_7192366244069626255_o.jpg

Can't believe Stanley and Simona still retain their positions. With Matautia out injured, I'd of had Winterstein at fullback and Moga on the wing. Stanley at halfback adds nothing to our team, so I'd have Manumalealii at halfback instead.

Our bench should be Lui, Masoe, Sene-Lefao and Sue. I liked the additions of Sue and Lui last week, they didn't play heaps of minutes, but they add real steel to the team.

Reactions: 1 users
Brother Faisal

Brother Faisal

Just a question guys. Do you think samoa would be more motivated to win if say england win and deny Aussie by keeping it to a close loss or if england lose and trying to win to get in the final? I feel depending on the kiwis england game it will have a huge impact mentally on the level of commitment and intensity with which samoa play. They might give up in the second half if say they know england won and they have no chance of makin it allowing Aussie to win with points differential to make it a england Aussie final.

motu1

motu1

Show us the money

Josh McGuire has called on the NRL to pay equally all of its players involved in international series. The Brisbane star, who rejoined the Samoans after missing Australia selection, left no doubt that money now plays a big part in international sport. "It's hard – a lot of people have family and kids and they've got to feed them," McGuire said. "The difference is they [the Kangaroos] get $30,000 [a game] and we get [hardly] anything. Our boys are playing because they love the game and they love representing their country. The boys go across to those bigger countries because they get paid well. If the pay was the same across the board, you'd probably see a lot of fellas stay for those developing countries and you'd get an even comp."

Josh+McGuire+Isaac+Liu+Four+Nations+England+mzHVhQ9MzsCl.jpg

doesn't there nrl contracts plump up there children enough jeez they've probably all got ps4's and running around with all the lastest gizmos and gadgets making all the other kids at school jealous they act like there all poor and hard done by.
what world do they live in they have one of the best jobs in the world and still there not happy. imo no player should be paid for internationals but that will never happen

Jay M

Jay M

doesn't there nrl contracts plump up there children enough jeez they've probably all got ps4's and running around with all the lastest gizmos and gadgets making all the other kids at school jealous they act like there all poor and hard done by.
what world do they live in they have one of the best jobs in the world and still there not happy. imo no player should be paid for internationals but that will never happen

I disagree with that. Some of the bigger names, e.g. Inglis, Thurston etc don't need to be paid... but what about the fringe players who play for Tonga, Samoa, Fiji? I think in the last world cup - the Fijian players might not have been paid at all, the Fijian rugby league barely had enough money to pay for their kit and accomodation...

Playing for your country is an honour, but I believe they should be paid for it (otherwise, how many kiwis players would be scheduled for off season surgery by their clubs?)...

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
#Much

• Haha
motu1

motu1

I disagree with that. Some of the bigger names, e.g. Inglis, Thurston etc don't need to be paid... but what about the fringe players who play for Tonga, Samoa, Fiji? I think in the last world cup - the Fijian players might not have been paid at all, the Fijian rugby league barely had enough money to pay for their kit and accomodation...

Playing for your country is an honour, but I believe they should be paid for it (otherwise, how many kiwis players would be scheduled for off season surgery by their clubs?)...
yeah but saying they need to feed their kids weak as piss excuse. all of them could feed there kids and there neighbours kids.
even with there hefty nrl paychecks the samoan players can't feed there kids what a load of B.S

Jay M

Jay M

yeah but saying they need to feed their kids weak as piss excuse. all of them could feed there kids and there neighbours kids.
even with there hefty nrl paychecks the samoan players can't feed there kids what a load of B.S

some of them could - agree. but others in that side might be on close to the minimum wage etc. It's a good Samoan side - so the starters could probably all look after their families with their contracts. Some of the fringe players on the other hand (not specifically Samoa, but the likes of Ireland, the likes of Tonga, Fiji, PNG etc)...

Coming from McGuire it's a bit of a strange excuse. But I still think they should be paid ;)

Defence

Defence

Thing is- the people he's talking about are the ones who are choosing aust/ NZ over the island nations.
If you're good enough to get picked for aust or Nz u ain't struggling to feed your kids that's for sure- so it's a bit of a beat up IMO.
But the rest of his argument stands- even pay would be great for the international game.

Reactions: 3 users