WESTS TIGERS
Tim Simona
Sauaso Sue
James Gavet
Ava Seumanufagai

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Interesting to see Bradley Abbey in the train on squad. Big wrap for him. Don't expect him to get selected but a great opportunity for him to learn. Thought he would be still busy with our NYC team playing in the finals?

Big moment for the Mata'utia family. Must be so proud to have all boys representing their country. Samoa should enjoy it while they can cause at least one of them will be playing rep footy for Australia in some capacity in the future...

Reactions: 1 user
InsideBall

InsideBall

Yeah, first thing I thought when I saw that list - Abbey? Wow... seems extremely premature, but a big wrap nonetheless.

MarkW

MarkW

Eh, I thought Peyroux pledged allegiance to the Cooks? Should we maybe expect him to play for France in the next WC? :p

Reactions: 1 users

drake83

Yea Id like to see Abbey playing for the junior Kiwis, can see the back 3 being all the Mata'utia brothers. A few guys here named in the kiwi train on squad to....

kiwi's 13-6

yeah totally sick of people changing nations at will! players should only be allowed one change then that should be it, getting selected to represent a national team is a huge honor but for the sake of smaller nation 1 change to smaller nation would be fair but that's as far as it should go in my opinion.

another thing is with the all blacks playing a full test matche in samoa next year when is rugby league going to take test matches back to the islands i can remember Great britian played Fiji in Fiji in the late 90's and before that full strength island side in a pacific cup in tonga in the early 90's.

slaughterhouse.sa

Interesting to see Bradley Abbey in the train on squad. Big wrap for him. Don't expect him to get selected but a great opportunity for him to learn. Thought he would be still busy with our NYC team playing in the finals?

Big moment for the Mata'utia family. Must be so proud to have all boys representing their country. Samoa should enjoy it while they can cause at least one of them will be playing rep footy for Australia in some capacity in the future...

Yeah considering Abbey in reality isnt a 100% lock for the Junior Kiwis spot.
On form - Valetine Holmes & Nikorima both NZ eligible would get selected ahead of abbey.
Reality he will be included somewhere.

Its purely by name train-on squad - they simply name players.
Mike Sio is still playing finals.

I dont think he will actually be involved with any camps/training. They just ask players to keep on training.
In the past I remember seing instagrams of the island nation boys training with kiwi hopefuls (some of them are training for either squad lol)

Samoa have connections to the inner city clubs of Auckland and those people have some say.
Hence the ridiclous situation of eddie Purcell & adern Mcarthy going to the world cup - didnt get a game.

Abbey has probably played for one of the junior fun rep teams in the past.

smc

another thing is with the all blacks playing a full test matche in samoa next year when is rugby league going to take test matches back to the islands i can remember Great britian played Fiji in Fiji in the late 90's and before that full strength island side in a pacific cup in tonga in the early 90's.
A full test match on a wednesday afternoon. The wednesday after the super rugby final, all players from the final will not be in the team. While they've caved to the pressure to take a game over there, I think they could have done far better than what they've done.
Still a hell of a lot more than I see the kiwis doing though.

kiwi's 13-6

a Wednesday after super rugby it may be but it will be packed... more than league has ever done in Samoa.
Fiji has had the super league nines tournament and a England test match in the late 90's and before that in early 90's a pacific cup was held in Tonga, kiwi's were supposed to play the Cook islands in raro a couple of years ago but it never happend! the last pacific cup was held in PNG about 5 years ago

Reactions: 1 users
runituptheguts

runituptheguts

hope pritchard and kasiano play for Samoa. SAMOA ALL THE WAY, ALL THE DAYS!!!

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
hope pritchard and kasiano play for Samoa. SAMOA ALL THE WAY, ALL THE DAYS!!!

Pity Kristan Inu moved to France. He would have been handy.

Really hoping Steve Matai plays for TOA. Also hope Anthony Milford doesn't chase his Origin dream just yet. Just those two along with the Mata'utia brothers and Daniel Vidot is a good start for the back. Throw in Ben Roberts whose on fire and you should get a pretty decent backline.

Also wonder whether they will get Ali Lauitiiti, Pita Godinet and Kyle Stanley over from the UK???

runituptheguts

runituptheguts

Really hoping Steve Matai plays for TOA. Also hope Anthony Milford doesn't chase his Origin dream just yet. Just those two along with the Mata'utia brothers and Daniel Vidot is a good start for the back. Throw in Ben Roberts whose on fire and you should get a pretty decent backline.

Also wonder whether they will get Ali Lauitiiti, Pita Godinet and Kyle Stanley over from the UK???

Kyle Stanley, I'm sure he was named but didn't know he was in the uk

charlie bobmarley

charlie bobmarley

agree about Ben Roberts. Seems to hve found his niche with the Storm , free of the weight of expectation he's probably one of the bargain signings of the season.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
agree about Ben Roberts. Seems to hve found his niche with the Storm , free of the weight of expectation he's probably one of the bargain signings of the season.
I remember the Samoa vs Tonga match were he and Carlos Tuimavave got shown up by Reserve Grader Soni Langi and U20 player Daniel Foster. Truth was that Ben Roberts was on the slide for awhile. Amazing to see him transform into a class half at Storm. Carries on like that for TOA and they will be semi competitive against the might of the much bigger nations.

Wonder if they will stick Laurie Daley in to pair him? Personally Id stick MILF in there and have Vidot out the back. Anyone but Carlos...

charlie bobmarley

charlie bobmarley

Carlos will be there somewhere. Don't think the team will be much different from what beat Fiji . Simona suspended for that game but him & Vidot should be the wingers. BJ a cert, so Carlos,Beyroux,Prown & the Matautia clan fighting over the spare spots

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Carlos will be there somewhere. Don't think the team will be much different from what beat Fiji . Simona suspended for that game but him & Vidot should be the wingers. BJ a cert, so Carlos,Beyroux,Prown & the Matautia clan fighting over the spare spots
This was the squad that faced off against the Bati. Think MILF had already thrown his hat in the Origin circle…

1. Peter Mata'utia (St George Illawarra)
2. Daniel Vidot (Brisbane)
3. Ricky Leutele (Cronulla)
4. Krisnan Inu (Canterbury)
5. Young Tonumaipea (Melbourne Storm)
6. Reni Maitua (Canterbury)
7. Penani Manumaleali'i (Cronulla)
8. Sam Tagataese (Cronulla)
9. Michael Sio (Warriors)
10. David Fa'alogo (Newcastle)
11. Leeson Ah Mau (St George Illawarra)
12. Dominique Peyroux (Warriors)
13. Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters)

Interchange
14. Junior Paulo (Parramatta)
15. Dunamis Lui (Manly)
16. Jesse Sene-Lefao (Manly)
17. Suaia Matagi (Warriors)

runituptheguts

runituptheguts

Possible team

1.simona/abbey/matautia
2.winterstein/matautia
3.leilua/leutele
4.auvaa/matai
5.vidot/matautia
6.brown/Stanley/Daley
7.roberts/manumalealii
8.tagataese/masoe/Jnr paulo
9.godinet
10.matagi/mcguire/kasiano
11.ah Mau/Pritchard
12.sene lefao/Liu
13.sue/soliola/joe paulo/nuuasala

drake83

Possible team

1.simona/abbey/matautia
2.winterstein/matautia
3.leilua/leutele
4.auvaa/matai
5.vidot/matautia
6.brown/Stanley/Daley
7.roberts/manumalealii
8.tagataese/masoe/Jnr paulo
9.godinet
10.matagi/mcguire/kasiano
11.ah Mau/Pritchard
12.sene lefao/Liu
13.sue/soliola/joe paulo/nuuasala

Thats a good line up and will be competitive, I just see Ben Roberts playing like he is due to the storm system much like Lowrie and Nielson. Fa'amanu Browns future will be in a black jersey tho.