Player Sam Tomkins

Wigan Warriors: Sam Tomkins to leave at end of season, tipped to join Catalans
_101532221_tomkins_rex2.jpg

Sam Tomkins turned down the offer of a new four-year deal with Wigan
Former England full-back Sam Tomkins will leave Wigan Warriors at the end of the season.

Tomkins, 29, joined Wigan in 2008, and returned to the club in 2016 after two seasons at New Zealand Warriors.

Wigan, who are currently second in the Super League table, had the option to keep Tomkins, 29, for 2019 but wanted to reduce the original terms and offered him a new four-year contract.

"Nothing lasts forever," said executive director Kris Radlinski.

"Players will come and players will go. All we ever ask is that players give their all for the badge while they are at Wigan.

"Sam has done that and more - and will continue to do so until he can no longer. Being the competitive and ultimate professional that he is, I have no doubt that Sam will want to go out as a winner this season."

Tomkins, who won two Super League Grand Finals and two Challenge Cups with Wigan, is expected to sign for Catalans Dragons.

However, Wigan have accused the French club of making an illegal approach.

"Sam told us that the opportunity for him and his family to experience a different culture and lifestyle and to see his kids speaking another language was something that really appealed to him," Radlinski said.

"It came as a surprise to us that another club had engaged with Sam so early in the year when the deadline for approaching a player under contract is at the end of April.

"We have made our feelings known about this to the club involved."

Translation: We told those frenchy poofter cu**s to get fucked...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Saw this on my Facebook feed. The best comment was about the learning a foreign language statement. He's off to Hull?

It will be interesting to see how he goes for a lower team. Looks like he is moving from a team coming second to one coming last.

Reactions: 1 user
Had the displeasure of meeting Sam Tomkins at a bar here in Auckland.

Was a big fan back then. Wanted to wish him all the best for the rest of the season. Walked up, tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around and said "Yea I'm a big deal".

I didn't have the heart to do it so a mate of mine went back and asked "If you're such a big deal, why have we signed Roger Tuivasa-Sheck" haha the look on his face

Reactions: 9 users
Looks like Sam and his dipshit brother promoting the game of league in Wigan nicely...

Booze issues, can't handle your piss (drink too much in other words, as opposed to some macho bollocks). Ugly scenes indeed.

That Barmaid was provoking the incident/ I cannot stand working with people like that, they would rather win an argument with someone gone in the head on substances...the same people would expect you to jump in and get who knows what from them, is it worth getting their head punched in from some animal like this.
I felt very sorry for the older man appealing and pleading for some empathy.

The Barmaid sounds like a spoiled little kid and those dickheads are entitled bullies who just stood there breaking several laws including Male assaults Female and intimidation, verbal abuse, drunken disorderly...

Sports Jocks should get the same treatment as everybody else, had one of them phoned the Cops at the outset maybe they would have at least had the night in the cells.

That comment about " at least my Career is not over I'm filming you "....

You might as well pull the wings off a Wasp for all the good that type of baiting will do in the situation.

She sounded like she was getting off on the whole affair.

By the way Wigan swept it under the carpet until five weeks later when the cat was let out of the bag.

Gotta wonder if the Club paid to keep it quiet originally or were in negotiations about a settlement.

Joel looks wired in that video....amped...fried...high...stoned....buzzing...wasted...toasted...Horsed...out of it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Probably happens a lot, not often on camera though. Makes you wonder what went on earlier in the evening off camera to provoke it, the barmaid may have been taking shit all night off the pair of them

Also, I might be reading too much into this but this is reported as being 5 weeks ago and 3 weeks ago Wigan announce Tomkins is leaving for Catalans and a week ago Wane announces he is leaving as well. I wonder if they've both fallen out with the club chairman over this or club discipline generally.

Btw, neither of them would have done this in the day Billy Boston and Vince Karalius ran boozers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
Booze issues, can't handle your piss (drink too much in other words, as opposed to some macho bollocks). Ugly scenes indeed.

That Barmaid was provoking the incident, I cannot stand working with people like that, they would rather win an argument with someone gone in the head on substances...the same people would expect you to jump in and get who knows what from them, is it worth getting their head punched in from some animal like this.
I felt very sorry for the older man appealing and pleading for some empathy.

The Barmaid sounds like a spoiled little kid and those dickheads are entitled bullies who just stood there breaking several laws including Male assaults Female and intimidation, verbal abuse, drunken disorderly...

Sports Jocks should get the same treatment as everybody else, had one of them phoned the Cops at the outset maybe they would have at least had the night in the cells.

That comment about " at least my Career is not over I'm filming you "....

You might as well pull the wings off a Wasp for all the good that type of baiting will do in the situation.

She sounded like she was getting off on the whole affair.

By the way Wigan swept it under the carpet until five weeks later when the cat was let out of the bag.

Gotta wonder if the Club paid to keep it quiet originally or were in negotiations about a settlement.

Joel looks wired in that video....amped...fried...high...stoned....buzzing...wasted...toasted...Horsed...out of it.
cant believe your having a go at the bar staff. these guys deserved to be in cells, not given a slap on the wrist. They were asked to leave and didnt, after that they had no rights, and no justification.

Reactions: 6 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Sam has always had issues with the piss. I remember seeing him off his rocket in town and that was the night before his club debut at the Auckland 9s. Next day he was pulled because of a stomach bug or some lame cover up like that.

Gotta disagree with you there Sup42 Sup42 . I know you like the guy but thats inexcusable. When you are told to leave you should do exactly that. Trying to go around the bar to pour yourself a beer should not be your next course of action. Take the blinders off...

Reactions: 5 users