What if ...

Lisone fulfilled all of the promise he showed in the u20s and turned out to be a good 1st grader for the Titans?

it happened to CNK last year and a few others too.

just thinking out loud here

CNK was always a good player who just lacked opportunity.

Lisone has had opportunity and has never improved his very obvious flaws.

Who are these others who have gone onto fulfil their promise elsewhere? The only ones I can think of are juniors like Taukeiaho who never got a chance here to begin with.

I can't think of a player who was given constant first grade opportunity who then went elsewhere, fixed all their issues and became a great player.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
I’m looking forward to the first time he makes a good run or slips a good pass, "shit! We never should have let him go!"

Kata never even took the field for the storm and we still had “great move by the storm, typical idiot behavior by the warriors letting him go”

He really was awesome in that 2014 winning U20s team though – it was a pretty good team list for the final, even if Ken goes onto to have the best career, at the time Lisone was the standout, he looked like he couldn’t miss, wasn’t the biggest prop but had mad workrate and some pace and skill.

Brad Abbey, Ngataua Hukatai, Nathaniel Roache, Solomone Kata, Paul Ulberg, Tuimoala Lolohea, Mason Lino (c), Sam Lisone (c), Kurt Robinson, Kouma Samson, Michael Ki, Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard, Jazz Tevaga. Interchange: James Bell, Toafofoa Sipley, Ken Maumalo, Iulio Afoa

Tough old sport, throw most of these guys on the scrap heap, or hanging on to an NRL job by the skin of their teeth by the time they are 25.

Interesting Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard is younger than he looks.

Last edited:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
What if ...

Lisone fulfilled all of the promise he showed in the u20s and turned out to be a good 1st grader for the Titans?

it happened to CNK last year and a few others too.

just thinking out loud here
He will undoubtedly fulfill his potential at the Titans. He has no choice. He's got his back up against the wall, is away from family and friends, is at last chance saloon and completely out of his comfort zone. A player like Lisone who who has natural leadership and fight instincts will always battle hard in this sort of predicament. That coupled with the fact that he's approaching maturity as a forward will almost guarantee he does a lot better over there than here. He was never going to do well here. His childhood crutches were too close...

He will undoubtedly fulfill his potential at the Titans. He has no choice. He's got his back up against the wall, is away from family and friends, is at last chance saloon and completely out of his comfort zone. A player like Lisone who who has natural leadership and fight instincts will always battle hard in this sort of predicament. That coupled with the fact that he's approaching maturity as a forward will almost guarantee he does a lot better over there than here. He was never going to do well here. His childhood crutches were too close...
Natural leadership and fight instincts. Maybe in sth Auckland on a Saturday night. Didn’t show any of that for the warriors. What I saw was a fat slob who’s body shape didn’t change in years. One who couldn’t defend laterally and gave away a shit load of penalties. He’ll be in super league by the end of the year.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Natural leadership and fight instincts. Maybe in sth Auckland on a Saturday night. Didn’t show any of that for the warriors. What I saw was a fat slob who’s body shape didn’t change in years. One who couldn’t defend laterally and gave away a shit load of penalties. He’ll be in super league by the end of the year.
I'll put $100 on it if you are so adamant. He will be playing with the Titans next year...