If Lisone is staying I’m hoping he lives up to the hype. A few years ago in the 20s he was dominating. At best he has good ball skills ( lacking at the Warriors) and can bust the line.
I must say in the game time he had this year it was what the warriors needed. My friend thinks hes got way to many penalties in him, but I dont mind that if we can defend of the back of them. The problem is he hasn't had a full season yet and being a contract year might struggle to get another one?

We need him this year.
He should see a lot of game time this season

If they are going to play more expansively then guys like him and Curran will move up the pecking order. NSW started to look for forwards who could also ball play over battering rams, and with the little insight into the training with the new sevens based guy they seem to be doing a lot of ball work. That could see a guy like Lisone favored over Bunty

I must say in the game time he had this year it was what the warriors needed. My friend thinks hes got way to many penalties in him, but I dont mind that if we can defend of the back of them. The problem is he hasn't had a full season yet and being a contract year might struggle to get another one?
He started well in 2018. Had the whole season. But he got manhandled by Klemmer and Graham and a couple others who slip my memory.

Citygirl

Contributor

I'm with your friend, but what do I know

Thing is, he's fucking terrible defensively. The amount of times I've seen people stroll past him for a try is definitely in the double digits. He has some good moments, but when he goes off the boil, he's probably one of the worst players in the NRL

Thing is, he's fucking terrible defensively. The amount of times I've seen people stroll past him for a try is definitely in the double digits. He has some good moments, but when he goes off the boil, he's probably one of the worst players in the NRL
That's it hes so inconsistent! HEY LISONE! YOU KNOW HOW I SAID I WOULD KILL YOU LAST................................ I LIED!

wrighty

I like Lisone and he is very popular amongst his team mates. Always ready with a joke.

Certainly if we get another prop such as Ben Murdoch-Masila - then moving one of them to 13 might help.

Lisone had the second most metres per carry amongst our props last season (Paasi was last, and also last on a number of defensive stats by memory, if nothing else Lisone should be rated in our top three props)

Must admit to having a soft spot for bam- just love the mongrel he plays with- doesn’t back down.
His weakness tho as has been pointed out is his defence- esp around the ruck and esp at marker- he just clocks off.
Still think he’s worth persevering with.
I think with the stripping rule the way it is (I know I’m in the minority but personally I hate it) you’re gonna see it going back to the way the storm played in the early 2000s where all the forwards spear into the defence ( going straight to ground looking for the quick ptb) rather than looking for an offload or post contact meters at the risk of being stripped.
Lisone has the tools to be really effective at that style of play.

Must admit to having a soft spot for bam- just love the mongrel he plays with- doesn’t back down.
His weakness tho as has been pointed out is his defence- esp around the ruck and esp at marker- he just clocks off.
Still think he’s worth persevering with.
I think with the stripping rule the way it is (I know I’m in the minority but personally I hate it) you’re gonna see it going back to the way the storm played in the early 2000s where all the forwards spear into the defence ( going straight to ground looking for the quick ptb) rather than looking for an offload or post contact meters at the risk of being stripped.
Lisone has the tools to be really effective at that style of play.

Same here seems to be one of the only players that brings a bit of aggression.

Sam has the ball playing to be an edge forward but dont have the motor. Hes too beefy for second row an not big enough to be an effective prop. His best role is the one hes been doing, off the bench impact prop. Ive seen him plant his feet an go for the shirt grab way too many times. Hope he comes good but hes had a heap of time an should probably go somewhere else because him not really progressing is just as much as the warriors fault as it is his.

Exactly right, wouldn’t be in my 2020 team and I’d be surprised if he’s re-signed for 2021 onwards.

I also think Jackson Frei comes onto the bench and starts putting pressure on Paasi and LAM for a starting spot by the end of next year (both are better suited off the bench anyway). Still maybe 5kg off the size he needs, but huge frame which we are lacking with our props.

Last edited: